FS: Parting out my 85 bumper pad SE by zmcdonal
Started on: 05-01-2011 02:15 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: solotwo on 05-25-2011 10:39 PM
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post

Well due to rusted out frame rails, I will be parting out my 85SE. Let me know what you need. I will post pics later.
Some highlights include:
NOT FOR SALE - 88 lace wheels
NOT FOR SALE - Most interior pieces (feel free to ask, if you are looking for something specific)
NOT FOR SALE - Suspension and brake parts
NOT FOR SALE - 90mm low profile headlights, buckets, and headlight motors

SOLD -Fiero Side Marker Level 2 LED Kit from tlg-auto, installed in ribbed marker lights (front with amber and back with red)
SOLD -Bumperpad air dam, all rebuilt and in nice shape
-Powdercoated luggage rack (gloss black)
-Powdercoated decklid vents (both the vent and the mesh behind them)
-Brand new quarter windows, never installed no logo's (I purchased them from a guy that bought out the stock of parts that were taken off the cars that were converted to Mera's, been sitting in a box wrapped in bubble wrap for years)
-Brand new trunk lid with holes for spoiler, purchased from the same guy as the quarter windows, never been on the road (white, does have a couple chips in the paint from storage, but still very nice)
-2 good sets of tail lights, not perfect, but could polish up really nice
-Colgan customs bra for the front in great shape

And lots of other good parts.

------------------

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 05-18-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post

Bump for some good parts. This shows how nice the tail lights are, I say not perfect because I have seen some of the lights on here that you guys have put a crazy amount of work into. They are very nice, would be great for a daily driver, or a great candidate for polishing to perfection. The luggage rack looks great, the powdercoater did a great job on it, as well as the decklid vents as you can see in the picture. The front air damn is in great shape, I had a heating/air conditioning place fab up the metal structure piece that goes behind it exactly like the original, out of aluminum which ended up costing me $85. I mended the rubber and covered it with satin vinyl so it looks really nice. I will post more pics soon, it was raining this evening so I didn't get a chance to take any. Let me know what you need.
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Decklid vents. this is only one side but the other one looks just as nice.

michhiker28

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Direct Link to This Post
Pm sent
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Suprised there was not more interest. Some good parts here.

Parking lights and air dam sold.
Brians86SE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brians86SESend a Private Message to Brians86SEDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
damn....how bad r the frame rails rusted? if you were closer i might take the whole car.

------------------

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yea, i agree, pictures of rust?
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Brians86SE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brians86SESend a Private Message to Brians86SEDirect Link to This Post
Maybe listing some of the key parts with prices might generate more interest.

brian
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
There is a rust free 85 SE down here I can grab for 300 bucks...you want it?
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

damn....how bad r the frame rails rusted? if you were closer i might take the whole car.

Originally posted by mattwa:

Yea, i agree, pictures of rust?

I do not have any pictures of the rust. But I can tell you that the whole right side of the trunk is pretty much gone from where the little ledge over is you can see the ground, same with the other side. It may be repairable to some people with better facilities then I have, but with the means that I have it would cost me more to have it repaired then buying a rust free car. A great deal on a fastback GT came my way and I couldn't pass it up.

So now I own two fastbacks and I don't have room for the 85SE. I know selling the car as a whole would probably be viewed better by fellow Fiero lovers, and I have to say it will be very hard to see it go because it was my first car and I have owned and loved it for 10 years, but there is just no money to be had from selling it. A lot of the parts I will be taking and using for my 2 GT's.

You figure, I had a set of Mr. Mikes seats in there, Koni's and Eibach's all the way around, Fierostore rear sway bar, all new bushings and ball joints (less then 10,000 miles), aluminum cradle bushings, probably $500-600 worth of stereo equipment. So all of that stuff is getting split between my 2 GT''s. And what could I have sold the car for $1,500 if I'm lucky $2,000 and I've got that much in suspension parts. What was I supposed to do?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

I do not have any pictures of the rust. But I can tell you that the whole right side of the trunk is pretty much gone from where the little ledge over is you can see the ground, same with the other side. It may be repairable to some people with better facilities then I have, but with the means that I have it would cost me more to have it repaired then buying a rust free car. A great deal on a fastback GT came my way and I couldn't pass it up.

So now I own two fastbacks and I don't have room for the 85SE. I know selling the car as a whole would probably be viewed better by fellow Fiero lovers, and I have to say it will be very hard to see it go because it was my first car and I have owned and loved it for 10 years, but there is just no money to be had from selling it. A lot of the parts I will be taking and using for my 2 GT's.

You figure, I had a set of Mr. Mikes seats in there, Koni's and Eibach's all the way around, Fierostore rear sway bar, all new bushings and ball joints (less then 10,000 miles), aluminum cradle bushings, probably $500-600 worth of stereo equipment. So all of that stuff is getting split between my 2 GT''s. And what could I have sold the car for $1,500 if I'm lucky $2,000 and I've got that much in suspension parts. What was I supposed to do?

Yes I agree with you there, but like I say in many threads on PFF, we just keep scraping fiero's, and they aren't making anymore of them, haven't for 25+ years. I would like some left for me 30 years from now. It's just sad is all. Fiero's in most cases just aren't worth saving in terms of cost because they aren't worth much.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 05-18-2011).]

KraigG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KraigGSend a Private Message to KraigGDirect Link to This Post
Would be nice to see some interior pics. How's the gauge cluster? Doesn't the 85 have the 120 MPH speedo?
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KraigG:

Would be nice to see some interior pics. How's the gauge cluster? Doesn't the 85 have the 120 MPH speedo?

Most of the interior pieces are going into my new GT. A lot of the interior pieces on my new car were kind of butchered or broken, so once I get them all sorted out I will take pics of the good interior pieces.

It had the 85MPH cluster. That said I have a dark grey surround for the radio/heater controls that's in really nice shape and I wont be using it because I have the aux gauges now. It has been all reglued due to heat warping and looks great.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
What's the cost of the sail panels?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock