Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Thinking about selling my 3.4 dohc drop out... complete...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Thinking about selling my 3.4 dohc drop out... complete... by cypres
Started on: 04-27-2011 11:19 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: engine man on 05-05-2011 07:36 PM
cypres

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
If you havent seen my part out or wreck threads... my fresh dohc swapped fiero is totaled. I pulled the whole cradle and harness complete. Ive sold off the rear calipers and shift brackets but have everything else. Custom harness completely soldered, heat shrinked, and taped... needs convoluted tubing still. 4 speed trans, new flywheel, new hd clutch from autozone with lifetime warranty. New headgaskets, told timing belt was done by previous owner (looked ok), all new gaskets from oil pan to intake and valve covers... New poly cradle mounts... 95 ecu with Darth chip, no emissions at all... Motor had around 100k when I bought it and I put maybe 1000 miles on it after all the work... sigh. Not sure what to ask for it... really just feeling on what its worth right now.... any idea? Ran Great....

Let me know what questions you have

Cyp

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cypres

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_p46Dz4rU&sns=fb

video of the car right after i got it done, shifting at like 6500ish... short exhaust with just a downpipe exiting the rear...

[This message has been edited by cypres (edited 04-27-2011).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
well i would like it but dont know what it would be worth
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I'd possibly be interested...if / when you settle on a price I'll see if I can afford it xaxa.

------------------
"Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle %@&$ off a horse."

Buy My Car! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/056480.html and parts! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/056497.html

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Reading this thread made me drool and forget my name.
benjamin.long

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benjamin.longClick Here to visit benjamin.long's HomePageSend a Private Message to benjamin.longDirect Link to This Post
The engine has 100K on it? Is that a typo?
I mean, I would be really interested in it, I can come pick it up, and I have cash standing by. But I'm a bit concerned about the mileage.

[This message has been edited by benjamin.long (edited 04-28-2011).]

marc-alan

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marc-alanSend a Private Message to marc-alanDirect Link to This Post
I too would be interested after you come up with a price
cypres

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2011 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
posting from phone... long story short its from a 95 monte z34. Actual milage on the car was 114xxx. plus what ever i have driven the last few mnonths, which is under 500 miles. Im not really sure what i have into it, i just kinda went on a spending spree. I will get more pictures today and post them along with all the details

cyp
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
I have Money $$$$$$$$$ cash talks bs walks

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 04-29-2011).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering did you sell it if not i still would buy it i know you where waiting on some one before me
benjamin.long

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for benjamin.longClick Here to visit benjamin.long's HomePageSend a Private Message to benjamin.longDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

Just wondering did you sell it if not i still would buy it i know you where waiting on some one before me

I sent him a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back. I'm guessing he's trying to figure out what he really wants to do. Wrecking a project is an emotional thing.

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
true but when he PM me it sounded like he had a offer and was waiting to see if the guy was going to make good on it and if not he would let me know but like you said I am sure he must just be thinking a million thing riding that emotional roller coaster
PFF
System Bot
cypres

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys, sorry about the lack of communication over the last several days... life has been terrible lately. Friday was spent driving to Delaware to pick up a car, which ended up being a nightmare trip when the waterpump went out on my f150 on the side of the highway 90 miles from home. Saturday the landlord of my shop decided he was selling the whole building and I could stay another two weeks, but I would have to pay the rent on it. So I spent most the day saturday and sunday moving everything to a new shop. Needless to say its been hell recently.

All that being said. Engine Man you have a pm. I am heading out of the shop at about 5 today, but I will update this thread when I get home tonight.... if im not too emotional... haha guys just playing. It has been a rough month though.

Cyp
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
I know how you feel i have had weeks months like you are talking every thing you touch go's to $hit. no matter what happens with the engine stuff i hope thing's get better for you
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
PM received and sent reply back
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
cypres

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
Sold pending payment
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
PM sent and thanks

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-04-2011).]

TeacherCreature

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TeacherCreatureSend a Private Message to TeacherCreatureDirect Link to This Post
What did it sell for ?

We all want to know since the whole deal was done quietly also so others can guage price in comparison.
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TeacherCreature:

What did it sell for ?

We all want to know since the whole deal was done quietly also so others can gauge price in comparison.

You know, that is a really rude question. If they wanted you to know, they wouldn't have "done it so quietly".

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TeacherCreature:

What did it sell for ?

We all want to know since the whole deal was done quietly also so others can guage price in comparison.

I don't think you're speaking for all of us.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Money sent
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
TeacherCreature I would tell ya but then i would have to kill ya lol
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

TeacherCreature I would tell ya but then i would have to kill ya lol

So tell him, let him post it, and THEN kill him

ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
congrats Engine Man. now put your vortech supercharger on your new setup
cypres

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresDirect Link to This Post
lets just say engine man got a great deal. I had way more into it, and thats not counting the harness that I made... sigh. Im sure it will be enjoyed tho

Cyp
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
thanks again cypres i take it that you received the money ghost the vortex will not be put on due to i plan on doing some time trial runs at NH speedway on the road coarse i really want to see how much i can squeeze out of the engine NA but it will go in stock for now

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 05-05-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock