Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  87 Fiero GT 5 speed 3.4 DOHC Turbo 400+hp (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
87 Fiero GT 5 speed 3.4 DOHC Turbo 400+hp by fieromadman
Started on: 04-21-2011 04:53 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: fieromadman on 08-07-2011 11:51 PM
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Most of you probably know this car from some point in time in it's life. It's time to sell it... looking to buy a house.

Up for sale is my Fiero GT. Originally a North Carolina car, this chassis and body has no rust at all. Let’s not be mistaken, there is just about nothing left on this car that is stock anymore. I have owned the car for 9 years and got it 100% stock. Below is a list of modifications:

Chassis:
• Front end rebuilt (new bushings, new end links, new ball joints, ect)
• Repacked the front bearings about 3000 miles ago
• Polyurethane bushings in the rear
• New wheel bearings in the rear within 3000 miles (Timken)
• Kyb shocks/struts (front have less than 2000 miles, rear about 10,000)
• Suspension techniques lowering springs (about a 2” drop)
• 18” 10 Spoke rims, gray with polished lip
• New Nitto NT05 245/40/18 tires in the rear
• Grand am vented disc brake upgrade
• Dual High/Low beam Hella projector headlights re-wired with dual relays (BRIGHT!)
• Custom AIRBRUSHED paint

Engine/drivetrain:
• 95 Monte Carlo z34 3.4 Liter DOHC engine (LQ1)
• Stock Fiero Getrag 5 speed transmission (yes, they take a beating)
• Clutchnet dual diaphragm sprung 6-puck clutch (never slips)
• Turbonetics t3/t4 62-1 Turbo (flow supports 600hp)
• Air to water intercooled (front mounted heat exchanger, reservoir to introduce ice into the system, electric pump)
• Synapse engineering 40mm wastegate set at 14 psi
• Greddy type rs BOV
• Haltech standalone fully programmable ECU (e6k)
• Custom ground camshafts
• Short runner intake manifold
• Full 3 inch exhaust
• Polyurethane engine mounts (four lowers plus a dogbone)
• Magnecor 8.5 mm plug wires
• 2.5 inch stainless steel intercooler piping
• Walbro 255hp
• 66 lb/hr injectors
• Insulated firewall and trunk walls (quiet in the cab considering how loud it can be outside of it)

There is WAY too much to list, I could come up with much much more done to this car. In addition to all the parts there was a TON of miscellaneous custom fabrication to make this install look and perform the way it should. I tried to hide as many of the water/fuel/vacuum lines as possible and did as good of a wire tuck as I think could be done in a fiero. The engine bay was shaved of unnecessary brackets and re-painted. It turned out really nice (IMHO).
Dynoed last summer at 365 WHP, over 400 at the crank. Since then it has been dialed in on tuning more, but really could use a good dyno tune to put it where it should be (over 400 whp easily). Tune is safe, just not optimal, and I could have it dyno tuned for a serious buyer. That is really the only thing that this car needs. Comes with tons of spare parts including 3 transmissions (which you could combine parts from to make the strongest possible getrag). I should mention that I have had no issues with the drivetrain on this car and it has been subjected to abuse. Before this car was motor swapped it won some best in class trophies, to give you an idea of how it was cared for.
Serious buyers only, no tire kickers. Asking $7000 firm. Over $5000 into the turbo setup alone... Questions ect, shoot me a pm or email at j_depies@hotmail.com . I have TONS of pictures… Build thread here (for turbo setup anyway): http://realfierotech.com/ph...?f=3&t=12793&start=0

------------------

180* t-stat, cams, 96-97 intake swap, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, P/S idler, ported exhaust mani's, ported lower intake, sheet metal upper intake, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, 66# Injectors, T-62 Turbonetics T3/4, Haltech E6K, Liquid-Air intercooled, Synapse Wastegate. Shooting for 450+whp at 15 psi.

[This message has been edited by fieromadman (edited 04-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Pictures:

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post

fieromadman

2217 posts
Member since Jan 2003

Thanks for looking!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale! That is a nicely built car for $7000! Somebody is going to get a nice vehicle
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

------------------

180* t-stat, cams, 96-97 intake swap, FFP pulley, A/C Idler, P/S idler, ported exhaust mani's, ported lower intake, sheet metal upper intake, 3" Flowmaster exhaust, EGR delete, K&N filter, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, 66# Injectors, T-62 Turbonetics T3/4, Haltech E6K, Liquid-Air intercooled, Synapse Wastegate. Shooting for 450+whp at 15 psi.

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
we still have yet to meet.
I'm heading to oconomowoc to drop my 88 off for a repaint. I can't afford to spend $7000 on just one car, but I'd love to check it out if you're available.
it will most likely be between Friday and Sunday. PM me
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump
bluefiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bluefieroSend a Private Message to bluefieroDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale. Hate to see you get rid of it. Wish I had the money cause I've been wanting to turbo mine for quite some time.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the Sale Jeff! To bad you have to sell it, but i understand needing the cash to buy a house.

-Kevin

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

BUMP

------------------

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
wow, there is not much about this car I don't love! Great car, great price! Good luck.

What insulation did you use in the engine bay? How is it attached?
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
All the piping is made with TRUE mandrel bends, no hack job here.

BUMP!
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Insulation was bought off ebay... I dont really have any more information about it other than it looks great, can stand up to some really high temps, and is self adhesive. I cut it to size by myself btw... I think i used a cardboard template first.

BUMP
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
If you want, I can drive it to the Dells for you and put a sign on it. Better yet, one last road trip and we'll get a few pictures in.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Haha, if it is going to the dells ill be doing the driving Josh

If it's not sold by then there is a good chance that may happen. Give me a chance to do some tuning on the haltech on the way there too.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
A friendly bump from the Great White North!
PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
thanks! bump!
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
hot digity dam i like this car. if only i had 7 grand i would take this off your hands for you but sadly im broke:/ BTW your a skipping distance away. lol

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats soon

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Well get un-broke?
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I'd be all over this... if someone would just buy my car. Would have to be a fly out and drive back type of deal. I'm assuming it would make a long trip back east? What is it running for gas/mileage? Am I going to need 93 octane or anything like that? Just trying to figure out how much extra it would cost to travel to get it.

------------------

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I would have confidence it would make it back. It's 93 that I put in there, but I assume 91 would be fine. It gets mid 20's for mpg's I believe (honestly haven't checked it in a long time)
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
bump
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
We're taking off for the Dells show at 9am from Adams house if you want to go. It'll be a good chance to get the car some attention.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks josh, not going to make it unfortunately though.
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Is this still for sale I assume?
PFF
System Bot
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Yes Sir...
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Will somebody please buy this car and put me out of my misery! I want it so bad! lol
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
I want this but sadly i hava no money but i do wanna go for a ride

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats soon

fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
Shame u wernt sellin 2 years ago. Cause this is what i wanted. Altho i am happy with the big block.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
someone, anyone?!
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
nice ride! Not super keen on the white stripes. Do they come off (stickers) or is it part of the paint?

How many miles on the engine?
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post

[B]
• Custom AIRBRUSHED paint

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
yup, caught that after I put my post. Wife will shoot me if I get fourth Fiero...: would need to cull the herd a bit
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
It's about 110,000 miles on the engine installed in the car. Comes with a zero mile shortblock crate engine though. Was going to eventually put forged goodies in that block...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock