Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  1988 Yellow Fiero GT - For Sale (Northeast NJ)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

1988 Yellow Fiero GT - For Sale (Northeast NJ) by mgiusto
Started on: 03-15-2011 09:48 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: 86 toy on 03-11-2012 10:00 PM
mgiusto

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mgiustoSend a Private Message to mgiustoDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want to take my pride and joy 1988 Yellow Fiero GT off my hands? I am located in Northeast, NJ and am the original owner. Car has 70k miles on it, Poly bearings installed as well as 2 new front shocks and passenger-rear strut is in, still need to install the driver's-rear strut but you will need either a CV-Joint boot or a new CV-Joint to complete, new emergency brake cable installed, also 4 new rotors and calipers all around. 4 brand new tires, original rims, fully loaded but missing Delco radio. 5-speed manual transmission.

I was working towards totally rebuilding everything but ran out of patience and time as my career track has increased my workload so not much time to play around with my baby.

You will need a flatbed to take the car since the driver's rear CV-Joint needs a boot and I have not installed the strut due to this. The boot that was on got melted by accident when I was trying to burn out the rubber bearings of the rear tie-rods. I have been unable to locate a new CV-Joint and project has stopped there for over a year.

The only thing next I would have thought about doing is an engine overhaul (tear down, clean and re-assemble, replacing all gaskets etc.) I just do not have that kind of time and/or tools for such a job.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mgiusto/FieroGT#

Pics do not show the fin but I do in fact have it and it is installed on the car now.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Any interior piccys? What kind of price are you looking for?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
I always wanted a yellow 88

How are the qtr windows, any cracks or webbing?
Any rust in the trunk corners; or any serious rust anywhere else?
How are the tail light; any cracks or delamination?
Do all the gauges and electrical switched work?
Any ses lights/codes poping up?
Is yellow the original color?
ever been in an accident?

Can you take some interiour pics?
Is the rear suspension all bolted up; would make it easier for towing/trailering?

And we need your asking price

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 03-15-2011).]

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
What do you mean fin? Do you mean a rear spoiler?

I love the spoiler-less look

Does it currently start and run?

Bump, curious about the asking price too.
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
mgiusto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgiustoSend a Private Message to mgiustoDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. I will take some more pics with interior ones as well.

The car runs and runs well, I had it out for a drive before I started on the struts, poly bearings and shocks and it drove fine.
Interior is in good shape but there is a cut in the vinyl where you rest your arm, I'll take a pic.
It has a sunroof and I even have the fabric roof that slides under the sunroof if you want to block the sun.
I bought new rear taillight section and installed one side and still have the other side in the box
I rebuilt the headlight motors and both work fine
The engine temp meter does not work, I tried to do the rewiring fix but that did not fix it, all other gauges work except for fuel gauge.
Yellow is the original yellow but may need a paint job.
Never been in an accident but back when driving in 1990 or so I drive around a corner and the passenger side of the car went over a raised sewer and it took a gouge out of the plastic, you can see here: https://picasaweb.google.co...#5276744548756257330
No major rust anywhere.
There is a piece of one of the Qtr windows missing, Back when driving in the 90's when parked in a parking lot someone in a larger car apparently oppend their door into the Qtr panel and broke it. This is on Driver's side (I will take a pic).

For pricing I'd like to get the money back that I spent for all the new parts which totals about $2k and I would like to get a little more just for the value of the car. It's not like you'd take a 23 year old car from me, a lot of what is on the car is brand new and basically unused as I really haven't had everything done and in fully driving condition. I'd like to offer at a fair price as well to the buyer so perhaps we can fairly negotiate above $2k and go from there.

[This message has been edited by mgiusto (edited 03-15-2011).]

DougKraft

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougKraftSend a Private Message to DougKraftDirect Link to This Post
What brand of tires did you put on the car?
mgiusto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mgiustoSend a Private Message to mgiustoDirect Link to This Post
Goodyear Eagle GT (which I believe are the same brand/model the car came with back in 1988)
Tires have about 10 miles max on them, car was not driven much inbetween projects.
Car has not been started in a year but I will start again this weekend to ensure all is still in running order.
Forgot to mention I also installed a new alternator and timing belt and adjusted distributor/rotor for correct timing.

[This message has been edited by mgiusto (edited 03-15-2011).]

DougKraft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougKraftSend a Private Message to DougKraftDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
mgiusto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mgiustoSend a Private Message to mgiustoDirect Link to This Post
This did not sell last time around but I really need to sell it as I need the room at my home. Please PM if interested, would like to get $3,500 at least. Thanks!
qcelectron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qcelectronSend a Private Message to qcelectronDirect Link to This Post
I too have a Yellow 1988 GT 5 speed CJB. I'd love to have another. I am also in North Jersey, Bergen County. where are you? I'll come to look at it . PM me.
Jim

------------------
JDR

PFF
System Bot
86 toy

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!! I want this car!!!
DougKraft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougKraftSend a Private Message to DougKraftDirect Link to This Post
This car has a production number of only 241 for the 88 yellow GT. Rare find!!!
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
has anyone heard from this guy?? pm'd him thursday and still havnt gotten a reply.. i have cash waiting for this car !!!
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!!! To me!!! . Positive feedback left!! What a great guy and an awesome car!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock