Need a working 5 Speed Transmission by CompYellowFiero
Started on: 03-09-2011 07:07 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: drebinpk on 03-14-2011 06:31 PM
CompYellowFiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Like the title says, Need a working 5 Speed Transmission. My son trashed the 5 speed in his 86 GT. I would rather swap it out than repair the one in it. So if anyone out there has one or knows where I might find one(within Driving distance), let me know.

Thanks.

------------------

If you cant be good, then be Good at it!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

Really? Nobody has any leads for me?

Willing to pay a fair price, and I am out of luck so far locally.

My definition of driving distance is going to have to increase the anything east of the Mississippi !
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, trying to find a good Getrag is nearly impossible these days. If your Getrag doesn't have a broken case then usually its worth repairing. Depends i guess, but at this point its easier to repair the one you have or swap to an Isuzu.
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I've got an isuzu 5 speed and both shift cables for sale. The getrags are very hard to find though.

[This message has been edited by sportcoupe (edited 03-10-2011).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I have a getrag. what you offering?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 - 4:10 4 speeds and 1 getrag 5 speed for sale. I would take 100 for the 5 speed + shipping.
it is in good working order. let me know.
D.
CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post
What is a fair price?

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I have a getrag. what you offering?

CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post

CompYellowFiero

397 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I have 2 - 4:10 4 speeds and 1 getrag 5 speed for sale. I would take 100 for the 5 speed + shipping.
it is in good working order. let me know.
D.

You have a pm
CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post

CompYellowFiero

397 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by mattwa:

Yes, trying to find a good Getrag is nearly impossible these days. If your Getrag doesn't have a broken case then usually its worth repairing. Depends i guess, but at this point its easier to repair the one you have or swap to an Isuzu.

I will probably look into repairing this one once it is out of the car, as the way my son drives he might need the spare! LOL
CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post

CompYellowFiero

397 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by sportcoupe:

I've got an isuzu 5 speed and both shift cables for sale. The getrags are very hard to find though.

His is set up with a short shifter with special linkage, not sure it would be an easy swap to an Isuzu, but I will keep it in mind. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by CompYellowFiero (edited 03-11-2011).]

kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnDirect Link to This Post
Are you passing on a $100.00 plus shipping offer? I have a nice-shifting 5-speed Getrag mounted on a palette ready for shipping. $200.00 plus shipping (~$100.00 UPS).
PFF
System Bot
CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Not passing, just figuring shipping/travel cost, verses another one a little closer to home. I am very greatfull to have so many options at this point. I might even have to give a + to all who have given me those options.

Originally posted by kennn:

Are you passing on a $100.00 plus shipping offer? I have a nice-shifting 5-speed Getrag mounted on a palette ready for shipping. $200.00 plus shipping (~$100.00 UPS).

------------------

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Another option is the 287 Getrag, I'm sure there is plenty in junkyards.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083654.html
Jojo22

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jojo22Click Here to visit Jojo22's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jojo22Direct Link to This Post
I have an 84 MY8 for sale, not sure what they are worth, make offer!
CompYellowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CompYellowFieroSend a Private Message to CompYellowFieroDirect Link to This Post
My thanks goes out to "pontiackid86", for the help. A Positive rating was given to anyone who responded to this thread. Positive feedback was also given to "pontiackid86". I am continually reminded why I love this forum.

You guys are the best!

------------------

kikinz24

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Direct Link to This Post
I've got a getrag 282 from a 91 z24. And I just brought home a box to get it pkgd up to ship wherever. 150 plus shipping.
drebinpk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drebinpkSend a Private Message to drebinpkDirect Link to This Post
ya getrag are really hard to come by in fair condition cause people love to put em behind v8s and destroy the internals...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock