Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Spec 3 clutch for 5 speed getrag wanted !!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Spec 3 clutch for 5 speed getrag wanted !! by RULOOKIN
Started on: 01-11-2011 10:29 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Danyel on 03-21-2011 08:13 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
apparently the spec3 clutch i have from a 4 speed will not work with my getrag, so i need the correct spec 3 for 5 speed if any one has one, as for the one i have it will be for sale it was not run on my 3.8 set up but was used less than 100miles on V8 looks in great shape i actualy installed it in my trani and bolted it to my motor but apparently it will have issues ,
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

apparently the spec3 clutch i have from a 4 speed will not work with my getrag, so i need the correct spec 3 for 5 speed if any one has one, as for the one i have it will be for sale it was not run on my 3.8 set up but was used less than 100miles on V8 looks in great shape i actualy installed it in my trani and bolted it to my motor but apparently it will have issues ,

The PP is the only thing differant about the clutch as the disk is the same for both 4/5 speed....Keep the disk and buy a PP that is made for the 5 speed from Clutchnet........Or you can probally get the correct PP from SPEC but I have never seen then listed seperate but then again I have never looked.....
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
I may still have a spare spec clutch set. It's used but not much, I may have already sold it awhile back, I will check

Vince
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I got the stage 2 and it looks to be great quality and the price was very reasonable too

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
same clutch with 4 or 5spd..just different pp...like mentioned above...tim
mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
how much hp and how much tq will you be running? you may only need a stock or hd setup. my .02
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Weird...

I have a spec 3 clutch from a 5spd getrag in my 4spd manual... I thought the throwout bearing was the only difference?
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
my set up is 3800sc with a few mods nothing crazy but maybe 300hp if i am lucky i am going to look into geting maybe a new PP as stated above the clutch itself is in great condition so MERA if you see this maybe we can talk about a PP (PRESURE PLATE) you sell,
mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

my set up is 3800sc with a few mods nothing crazy but maybe 300hp if i am lucky i am going to look into geting maybe a new PP as stated above the clutch itself is in great condition so MERA if you see this maybe we can talk about a PP (PRESURE PLATE) you sell,

just lete me know. i have stock pressure plates/stage 1 $155.00, heavy duty pressure plates/stage 2 $225.00, high performance pressure plates /stage 3 $295.00, and extreme pressure plates/stage 4 and 5 $395.00 and $495.00.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Weird...

I have a spec 3 clutch from a 5spd getrag in my 4spd manual... I thought the throwout bearing was the only difference?

That works that way as the 5 speed PP is thinner...
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
so the word from Jeremy at Spec is that like metioned above the PP is different on all aplications of their clutches and i will have issues with the 4 speed PP into a 5 speed so up for sale is a like new spec 3 clutch set up it was used slightly by PO not more then 100 miles its in great shape or i would never have put it on motor, i will take pis of it soon looking to get 150 plus shipping firm
I will also have a TOB for a 5 speed brand new its in my trani now has never been run but my new clutch will come with TOB so i will have extra one
PFF
System Bot
stickpony

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

so the word from Jeremy at Spec is that like metioned above the PP is different on all aplications of their clutches and i will have issues with the 4 speed PP into a 5 speed so up for sale is a like new spec 3 clutch set up it was used slightly by PO not more then 100 miles its in great shape or i would never have put it on motor, i will take pis of it soon looking to get 150 plus shipping firm
I will also have a TOB for a 5 speed brand new its in my trani now has never been run but my new clutch will come with TOB so i will have extra one

pity... good luck man,

[This message has been edited by stickpony (edited 01-13-2011).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
NM

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 01-14-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
bump for the day !!

details on spec 3 clutch, the clutch for sale is for a 4 speed only, can be used on a stock 2.8,3.4,or 3800 i am sure there are other application too, will have pics soon this clutch retails for 309 plus shipping, price given to me by Jeremy at spec,it is slightly used but in great condition, good replacement clutch for anyone at half the price of new!

will post pics of clutch surface soon
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

That works that way as the 5 speed PP is thinner...

One way compatible, got ya. Good luck with the sale
dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scDirect Link to This Post
pm sent

[This message has been edited by dhobbs84sc (edited 01-18-2011).]

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
hi
RULOOKIN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Tstang good to here you got the 4 speed clutch i sold you !

I still have a 5 speed getrag TOB brand new if anyone is interested it a NSK Japan stock replacement TOB and if you do some reading on TOBs you will see all TOBs are made to as close to OEM specs as possible 50 bucks shipped i paid alot more for it here in Canada but i have been hearing USA they are alot cheaper soI hope 50 is fair
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I was interested if it would handle a V8 but I dont think so

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-21-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock