Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FOR SALE: High Performance Ignition Components for 2.8 / 3.1 / 3.4 V6, with extras

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FOR SALE: High Performance Ignition Components for 2.8 / 3.1 / 3.4 V6, with extras by Blacktree
Started on: 01-11-2011 07:16 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Blacktree on 01-19-2011 02:28 AM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I recently upgraded to DIS, so now all my distributer related parts are up for sale. I also have several spare parts. All these parts are in good working condition. Here's the list:

-- Cardone Distributer w/ ignition module and pick-up coil
-- MSD Blaster ignition coil
-- Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2mm spark plug wires (low impedence)
-- Two cap & rotor sets
-- Two spare ignition coils (stock replacement)
-- Spare ignition module (stock replacement)
-- New (unused) distributer O-ring

The dialectric grease shown in the photo will also be included.

All parts except the O-ring are used, but in good condition. These parts would cost several hundred dollars if you bought them new. But I'm only looking for $75 (including shipping) for the whole lot. I'd rather not split up the parts, because they aren't worth much individually. However, if you just want to buy the "performance" parts (i.e. the distributer, MSD coil, and plug wires), that will be $60 shipped.

You can pay via Paypal or money order. Shipping will be US Priority Mail to anywhere in the USA, or FPO/APO box.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm....interested in the lot.....can you give me a close up top shot of that distributor please and thak you....

.................PM sent....

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-11-2011).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to get you that close-up shot tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd like to re-iterate that all the parts pictured above work properly. They were all used in my Fiero at one time or another. The spares are "known good" parts that I kept in case of emergency.

The reason I'm selling these parts is because I upgraded my engine to DIS. So I can't use any of these parts anymore.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-11-2011).]

newcoolcat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newcoolcatClick Here to visit newcoolcat's HomePageSend a Private Message to newcoolcatDirect Link to This Post
whats DIS?
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newcoolcat:

whats DIS?

Distributorless Ignition System
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newcoolcat:

whats DIS?

THIS

Now you can see why I can't use any of the distributer parts anymore.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
How did you implement DIS?
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Questions: What is "performance" about the distributor & where is it made?
I'm interested in all of this but I'm waiting to receive some $$$ before I'll know if I can afford it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Questions: What is "performance" about the distributor & where is it made?
I'm interested in all of this but I'm waiting to receive some $$$ before I'll know if I can afford it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Part No. 30-1633 Cardone website - Appears to be a well reman'd distributor, no special claims other than tested out to meet OEM specs and reliability which is more than you can say about a lot of reman'd parts. Of course I don't know if this part has been tweaked, but this appears to be a pretty good deal.

------------------
FieroDriver--Multimedia by J "Wudman" Wood--Wud's Photo BlogsBlues in St. Louis--Artists & Musician Marketing Blog--Sharing Social Media Marketing Tips

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
As Wudman mentioned above, the Cardone distributer isn't exactly a "go fast" part. But it uses an updated design, which is superior to stock. The Cardone distributer uses a star-shaped wheel in the center, and a solid cast inductor ring on the outside, instead of the flimsy stamped sheet-metal tongs used on the stock distributer.

Here's a close-up shot of the top of the distributer. As you can see, there is a thin film of surface rust. But that is normal. It does not affect the operation of the distributer.

The distributer will also come with a "No DOA" warranty, meaning that if it doesn't work, you can return it for a refund. I'm pretty serious about not selling junk to my fellow Fiero owners.

Right now, it looks as if DLCLK87GT will be buying the lot. But if the deal falls through, I'll let you all know.

Thanks, guys.
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
Is that a GN TB ? (59mm) Looks just like mine. I'm assuming your using a 7730 ecm, does it run better?

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info, PM replied to...question,
What's this?
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to wander too far off-topic, but yes that's a Buick GN (59mm) throttle body. And yes, the engine is run by a 7730 ECM with a custom tune. It's a GM HT 3.4 crate engine, with a couple mods. It pulls hard all the way up to the rev limiter (6000 RPM).

Anyone who wants to get more details on the engine, and the rest of the car, can check out my build thread here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000049.html

To DLCLK87GT: that's an engine oil cooler. Also, I responded to your PM.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Well my money hasn't come in yet, so if you sell it before then I'm just out of luck. At least my car's running OK (I think - I still have to tag & insure it before I can drive it).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I just got these today and Houston we have a problem.....
you sent me the receipts for them too and clearly I didn’t pay enough!
plus i got this way cool little syringe of thermal goo for the module.
Thanks for the great deal and + for you!
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Man, that first sentence had me worried. Visions of mangled boxes and missing parts started running through my head. LOL

I included the receipts, for informational purposes. I don't think the warranty on the distributer is transferrable.

The white heatsink grease in the syringe is for the ignition module. If you ever need to replace or re-mount it, you can use that stuff. It will transfer heat better than plain old dialectric greae, which will help keep the module from frying. The existing module has heatsink grease on it, too. The tube of clear dialectric grease is for the spark plug wire boots, electrical connections, and the mounting screws for the module. The mounting screws already have some grease on them, and are tightened down pretty good.

I'm sure you've heard the stories about ignition coils or modules going kaput at the worst moment. That's why I kept spares. I used to keep a spare coil and module (along with that tube of heatsink grease, and a screwdriver) in the trunk, just in case. Luckily, I never needed it. But you never know...

Hopefully, you'll get some good use out of those parts. I bet they'll make your engine pretty happy.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-19-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock