Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  complete motor swap, 3.4 DOHC, buy it, and install it over the weekend

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

complete motor swap, 3.4 DOHC, buy it, and install it over the weekend by qwikgta
Started on: 10-16-2010 12:17 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: dsnover on 02-11-2011 09:09 AM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be working with Archie in a few weeks on my new LS3/5spd install. And will have a complete 3.4 DOHC motor/5 spd trans on a 88 cradle for sale. The cradle will come with a complete suspension minus the struts and sway bar. The suspension has all new poly. The motor has Custom Headers, Y pipe and WCF exhaust included. Combo has over 2000 miles on it, and is trouble free. NO CODES. Motor runs strong, and you really feel the power above 3000 rpm. WCF motor mounts, all new sensors, new wires,plugs, Belts and hoses.

THIS WILL BE A COMPLETE PLUG AND PLAY. YOU DROP YOUR OLD MOTOR OUT, PUT THIS IN AND SHOULD BE DRIVING IN A WEEKEND.

The motor is a 1996 with approx 30K on it. The car is an 88 coupe, so for you 88 guys this is a no brainer. For the 84-87 guys, this is your chance to upgrade to the 88 rear end. The motor swap was done by me, and I built the harness. This motor swap does not have A/C hooked up, but the harness is not cut, so anyone who wants A/C can install a compressor, and finish the harness. I am running the 9693 ECM with a 91 harness from a 5 speed car. (Still have the Getrag). I may even be able to drop it off at your house, if you live between Virginia Beach and Chicago (Archies).

You can find most of my build threads using the "Search" and "3.4 DOHC" look for posts by qwikgta. I have lots of pics, so email me if you need something explained.

I have about $3500 into the swap, and would like to get $2000 for it. Remember, this is a true Plug and Play. you will only need to do/buy a few things that need to be done anyway.

I am posting here on Pennocks first, to give you all first shot at it. Some of you install these into others cars. You may want to purchase it, and have it ready to plug into someones ride. Maybe you know someone who is looking. I really think that $2K is a good price for this.

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, 1996 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 10-16-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AnimalGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AnimalGTSend a Private Message to AnimalGTDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Buyer one in the hopper. So this may be sold
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify...
The tranny in the pics looks like an Isuzu. Is that what's included with the package?
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Just to clarify...
The tranny in the pics looks like an Isuzu. Is that what's included with the package?

Yes, it is, i'll drop the cradle, complete. Rotor to rotor, and everything in between.

Rob
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001
sale pending. I also have two on standby.

Thanks everyone.

Rob
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
. . . .

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 02-10-2011).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
damn...lol
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Box's in the mail tomorrow. Let me know when you get them. Also, keep me in the (install) loop.

Rob
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
Very nice deal. Gotta ask, who did the headers? I've got a 96 DOHC on an engine stand right now, and the exhaust is one thing that I'd like to do the way you have done it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock