Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Stainless Steal Fuel Lines For Quick Disconnect Fuel Rails (3.4 DOHC, All 3800s, LSx) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Stainless Steal Fuel Lines For Quick Disconnect Fuel Rails (3.4 DOHC, All 3800s, LSx) by L67
Started on: 06-20-2010 03:34 AM
Replies: 78
Last post by: carbon on 02-07-2012 12:57 PM
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2010 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
DOWN WITH RUBBER HOSE'RY!!

Hello,

I am stocking a large supply of braided quick disconnect fuel lines, which I have found to be perfect for the Fiero community, given the large number of custom engine installations. Each line is made from stainless steal, and can be connected to most modern fuel rails at one end via GM's standard quick disconnect standard, and connected to the Fiero hard line with a compression fitting. Once installed, these fuel lines can be very easily disconnected and reconnected using a quick disconnect tool, which can be found at just about any retail auto supply store - the tool generally cost about $7.00. Each set of lines I send out comes with a very thorough set of instructions, to help guide you through the process.

Also, I have provisions for returnless fuel setups. At no additional cost, I will include a T fitting instead, so all that you will need will be the fuel pressure regulator. The instructions also cover a walk through.

Below are pictures of installed lines that were purchased through me. They make just about any swap look fantastic!

MstangsBware's returnless swap:

MstangsBware's latest 3800 SC swap:

MrPBody's 3800 SC swap:

Vendetta's 3.8 N/A swap:

L67's 2.0 Turbo swap (Required brazing on 2.0 fuel rail)

L67's 3800 SC swap:

This is an image of the tool used to disconnect both lines:

Price will be $85.00 for the kit, which includes shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states. I take paypal or money order - but I prefer paypal. The lines and fitting will be shipped USPS Priority Mail.

These are a great bargain when compared to building hoses out of NPT or AN fittings, and they look factory. I don't recommend these for use with the 2.5 or 2.8 fuel rails. They can be made to work, but will require brazing.

The regular kit will include:

* (1) 5/16" Line
* (1) 3/8" Line
* (2) Sized brass compression fittings
* 19 Pages of Installation Instructions

The returnless kit will include:
* (1) 5/16" Line
* (1) 3/8" Line (Just in case!)
* (1) Sized brass "T" compression fittings
* 19 Pages of Installation Instructions

A list of engine this has been successfully tested on:
2.0 Liter MPFI (with modification)
3.4 DOHC Series 1
3.4 DOHC Series 2
3800 Series 1 N/A
3800 Series 1 Supercharged
3800 Series 2 N/A
3800 Series 2 Supercharged
3800 Series 2 RWD (Camaro/Firebird intake)
3800 Series 3 N/A (Returnless)
3800 Series 3 Supercharged (Returnless)

List of non tested potential candidates:
3.5L Shortstar
4.0/4.6L Northstar
LS Series engines.
High Feature V6

[This message has been edited by L67 (edited 07-27-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2010 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I've already received a question via PM.

What is the overall length of line you would receive with this purchase?

The lines are both approximately 30" long. This is the length needed to splice into the original fuel lines in front of the fuel filter. If the lines need to reach to the driver side of the engine - as seen in the 2.0 Turbo picture - there are instructions included for extending the line across the firewall to the drivers side. I can also supply extra fittings if requested. Please let me know the application so that I can make sure I get you everything you'll need.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
Does the lower end of the hose attach like the factory hose?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Are these the ones the early 90's Trans Sport and Lumina vans with the 3.8 used from the factory. If so they work well and look a lot better then just steel or rubber lines. Dan
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have used several sets of these lines in a few swaps and can say they work well..Not only do they work well but they look much better than rubber FI hose and it cuts out 2-4 extra clamp connections. Between the craftsmanship and the looks of theses hoses it makes the lines well worth the money....Plus if you price out the cost to have these lines made or you do the "do it urself lines" like the ones listed you will spend much more.

Great product and great price........

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

Does the lower end of the hose attach like the factory hose?

Yes, but they don't necessarily have to. I've included several methods in the included instruction. But for the 3800 setup, having the lines connect like the originals in front of the fuel filter works great!

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Are these the ones the early 90's Trans Sport and Lumina vans with the 3.8 used from the factory. If so they work well and look a lot better then just steel or rubber lines. Dan

Sure are Dan. They look 150% better than using a rubber fuel line or running steel IF tubbing.

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
It is good to know there is a source for these as it is not easy to find good ones in wreckers and the price is good as well, I usually end up paying close to $50 for used ones.
Looks like I will be sending customers to you now and save a lot of time searching for them myself. Dan
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Are these new or used? Do they still come with the insulation sleeve over the braid?
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

It is good to know there is a source for these as it is not easy to find good ones in wreckers and the price is good as well, I usually end up paying close to $50 for used ones.
Looks like I will be sending customers to you now and save a lot of time searching for them myself. Dan

I'll be happy to provide as many kits as they need.

Originally posted by smartaxel:

Are these new or used? Do they still come with the insulation sleeve over the braid?

I would say lightly used. Every line I get comes with an insulation sleeve. Because of this, the lines underneath the sleeves look practically new. I remove the sleeve and spend a little bit of time on each line to make sure they're clean of oil or dirt. I ship both lines without the sleeve, but upon request, I will include them. You can see the sleeve over the lines in the last 3800 SC picture. Personally, I think they look better without the sleeves, because you cant see the weave if its covered up.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
How can these be adapted to fit the modified returnless fuel system?
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106883.html

[This message has been edited by flimbob (edited 06-20-2010).]

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

How can these be adapted to fit the modified returnless fuel system?
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106883.html

T the single 3/8's line into the the feed (B) rather than use the AN fitting pictured.

Here's a picture of a returnless system MstangsBware built for Nosrac, using a SS line I sold him.
PFF
System Bot
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
A set that went out this morning:

lamborghinikid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lamborghinikidSend a Private Message to lamborghinikidDirect Link to This Post
how do I get hold of this guy I need fuel lines
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I replied to your pm's. Sorry, I've been away from the computer today.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking SS braided lines and if they go all the way to the tank, they should meet NHRA rules. While these should work I prefer AN fittings that you tighten on with a wrench. I also like reversing the 3800 fuel rail to get the feed in the rear but thats just a taste thing.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Nice looking SS braided lines...

Thanks!

I've never cared for NHRA; my opinion is that their regulations are nothing more than a marketing ploy. Regardless, I ask that you respect that this is my thread, and take that conversation else where.

Two more sets going out in the morning.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Hello. I would like to buy a set also. I have a 3800SC series 2. I need fuel lines also. This will bolt up to the fiero lines? If so I would like to order a set. How do we get started?
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
pm sent
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Back at ya buddy.
lamborghinikid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lamborghinikidSend a Private Message to lamborghinikidDirect Link to This Post
Got the lines they look great a little pricey because I'm using the is a countach kit I still have to use the stock rubber hose to tie into the new lines per the the instructions so it doesn't get rid of the rubber lines just hides them....... However it should make the connections easier.. Shipment was quick and the seller was very nice to deal with....
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Is there any way to get them in longer lengths? I don't want mine to go over the supercharger.

Thanks,
Greg
PFF
System Bot
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Gregg, I'm sorry for the delayed response.

If you don't want them to go "over" the supercharger, how do you want them to connect. The setup I'm selling might work for you. I'm sourcing the lines pre-made, and I can't get them in custom lengths.

Also, I'm out of stock for a short period.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
I got my lines last week. Great work! Thank you.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800 NA but since i see most 3880S/C, would i be able to use these as a replacement for my rubber fuel lines?

Austin
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Austin,

The only theoretical problem with L36's, is that the connectors on the fuel rail point straight up, verse the way the supercharged/RWD connectors are on a pretty flat plane. I don't know if the decklid would close if the lines were plugged directly in, particularly on the rear bank. You may be able to bend the rear nipple down a little bit, and they would probably work. But this is all academic, there's only one way to find out.

If you want, I could work out a "research" price for you, if you were willing to post good quality pictures and a short blurb about how they fit.

Pm me if you're interested.
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Replied.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
I sent a bunch of lines out today. I restocked yesterday and have 4 more sets left. I'll be going on vacation for a couple of weeks starting Sunday, so if anyone needs a set, let me know before Saturday.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2010 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Back to the top. I have 3 sets.
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

I have a 3800 NA but since i see most 3880S/C, would i be able to use these as a replacement for my rubber fuel lines?

Austin

didnt work on mine and it is a3800 na
PFF
System Bot
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Austin actually left me a PM the other day, stating he'd gotten them to work, and would be supplying pictures shortly. I'm curious to see how they're routed.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
D.
ILVMYGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ILVMYGTSend a Private Message to ILVMYGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L67:

I've already received a question via PM.

The lines are both approximately 30" long. This is the length needed to splice into the original fuel lines in front of the fuel filter. If the .......

Are you splicing to the inlet side of the fuel filter or the outlet?

Thanks
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Do these work on a Series III engine? Tks
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
I got your lines for my 3800, they are so well made, thank you. Just wondering if you have those lines for the 3.4 dohc?
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ILVMYGT:
Are you splicing to the inlet side of the fuel filter or the outlet?
Thanks

Outlet, I've modified the first post with addition photo's and details, check it out.

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
Do these work on a Series III engine? Tks

Yes. You'll likely want to use a returnless setup, but the older 3800 Fuel rails will also fit. Look at the original post, I've added pictures and details about the returnless setup.

Originally posted by iluvsd619:
I got your lines for my 3800, they are so well made, thank you. Just wondering if you have those lines for the 3.4 dohc?

You're very welcome. I'm really happy with how well they're made also. It's a pleasure to show them off. Yes, these will work very well with the 3.4 DOHC. I've sent out five or more sets to DOHC owners.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

L67

1792 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Whodeanie made a large order. I'm hoping one set ends up on a certain yellow fiero.

Austin sent me pictures of the lines installed on his N/A 3800. I've looked over the pictures carefully, and I think it's safe to say these will work fine for the naturally aspirated guys.

Also, I didn't get any notification of the posts that were made just before mine, sorry for getting back so late. I came in to modify the first post and noticed both replies.

Lastly, I've finally streamlined my supply, so there shouldn't be much wait if any getting orders out now.

[This message has been edited by L67 (edited 12-02-2010).]

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
To those who made orders over the weekend; I ran out of compression fittings. I've placed two orders which should arrive tomorrow and Thursday. I will ship each set of lines out in order by the date payment was received, so three sets will ship on Thursday (I've sent PM's to everyone). All orders should be filled by Thursday morning. Thank you all for you patience.

-Paul
My1stMidEng

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My1stMidEngSend a Private Message to My1stMidEngDirect Link to This Post
I've sent you a PM.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock