Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  any intrest in a 355 style rear bumper? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
any intrest in a 355 style rear bumper? by whodeanie
Started on: 03-25-2010 08:54 AM
Replies: 125
Last post by: lowtrickry on 08-03-2011 10:44 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Since I built the rear bumper on my DD project I have had several people ask about it. I planed to only make the one for my DD but if I get enough intrest I would be willing to make them for both the GT and the notchie.
let me know here, if I can get 6 of eather of them I will do it. keep in mind it will take some time.

here are some pics from my DD project of the rear bumper I will be making.
D.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
My eyes and mouth say, HECK YAH! but my pocket book say's well maybe in a little bit

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

michfiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michfieroSend a Private Message to michfieroDirect Link to This Post
Can you ballpark the cost?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by michfiero:

Can you ballpark the cost?

not yet, I need to get farther along with it before I will know but the more people that are interested the cheaper I will be able to do them.
I will keep you posted.
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
I'd buy one if it's not $700 like the 360 bumper, $400 would be great.
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
I like the bumper. Depending on price and financial situation when you do this I would be interested. Mine would be for a GT. If you truly need 6 to make it viable the I would say you need 10 people to say they will definitely buy one. I would be shocked if more than 6 of 10 would actually go through with it. (that's probably optimistic).
If you could make a quality bumper and keep the price to less than $450 shipped I would say you could put me in a probably category.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
nice! I might be up for one as well depending on the price.
I like the lip spoiler too. well done!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. I'd pay around $400-500.
Terry_w

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

I like the bumper. Depending on price and financial situation when you do this I would be interested. Mine would be for a GT. If you truly need 6 to make it viable the I would say you need 10 people to say they will definitely buy one. I would be shocked if more than 6 of 10 would actually go through with it. (that's probably optimistic).
If you could make a quality bumper and keep the price to less than $450 shipped I would say you could put me in a probably category.

Just to be clear I was NOT saying that I would be shocked if more than 6 people wanted one. I was saying the I would be shocked if the percentage of people that backed out after saying they would buy one was less than 40%.
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantDirect Link to This Post
I'm game for my GT. Depending on price.
2m4dude

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post
i'd love to have one on my notchie but pocket'are on e
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Put me in the line up for it ill deffenetley take one.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
put me on the definite list that would really bring the tail end to life. I love the tail lights BTW how hard was it to do that ? Though i would like to keep the Pontiac on there though probably ads to the difficulty.
RockyBalboaLives

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post
Throw me into the mix dependent of course upon the price
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
If the price is reasonable I would be good for one for my Fiero, would you be making the notchie one with the ribbed style body molding. Dan
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Those tail lights are awesome!! I think that's the first time I've really liked a pair of fastback tail lights (I'm a notchie guy )
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
That's probably the best looking non-stock rear bumper I've seen. On any model of Fiero.

I'd have to see a mockup on a notchie, though... And I most likely couldn't afford it anyway.
justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
Count me in on this. I'll buy one if they are around the $400-$500 mark.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Count me in........Oshawa is close by may be we can save some $$$$ by having ours shipped together lol
justinchristie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Count me in........Oshawa is close by may be we can save some $$$$ by having ours shipped together lol

Yeah, that might be a good idea. Shipping something this size to Southern Ontario is about $200-$225 USD via the brokerage rip-off artists - aka UPS.

Doing a large shipment to save on shipping is a great idea

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
if you could sell one for around $350 - $400 and it would fit on a notchie, then i would get one.. Looks great.. I wanna get a 355 style nose as well..
PFF
System Bot
svpbeast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for svpbeastSend a Private Message to svpbeastDirect Link to This Post
I know this is kinda off topic,but do you have a side view?? Also, where did you get those rockers??? Are the lower rockers bought or did you make them?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
yes I also did make the side rockers as well. I have decided to go ahead with making the rear bumper as well as the rockers but with the vent farther back like most people wanted.
the rear bumper price will be around 500 or just under, I want to make it affordable but still cover the cost involved with my time. I am not sure on the rocker price yet I will need to get farther along with them first. I should have the plug finished by the first part of summer from their it should not take long to get the mold made and get them going. I would have them done sooner but I have other projects I am working on and I am a 1 man shop at the moment but if things keep going the way they are now I will have to hire 1 or 2 people to help out

new pic's of the whole car are up on the Daytona threads in general.
D.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
interested in the rockers!!! i like the bumper but a little low on funds right now.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Until you see Dean's new bumper in person, you just have no idea how slick it is! Great work Dean Great seeing you in Daytona as well. I will ship you my hood vent and new hood badge when I get home tomorrow as well.

\/\/
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Bump
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if I have enough people interested in this yet but over the next few weeks I will be working on a new one so I can get a mold made. I will see about the rockers as well amoung other things I will be working on. I have no due date for them yet because of other things I am working on as well but I hope to have something before the end of summer.
D.
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
As we discussed at Daytona, I am positively in on the bumper & ready to send deposit. Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

GT86FASTBACK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
If its around $400, im def game for one. Its a good looking bumper, would love to have one on my fastback.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I will add you both to the list. so far this is the plan, I hope to have a new one by summer and from their I am looking into having Fiero fiberglass make the mold and sell them for me because they are set up for it. I will keep you posted on the progress.
D.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
can some1 photoshop his bumper on a gt with kahines tail light panels? maybe the LEd ones? i might be interested... need 2 see first.
PFF
System Bot
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
im in for around 400.00. I also like that f430 style one on your widebody. :-)
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
I would be in for $450 to be picked up at a Fiero Show around the one of us.

Greg

------------------

RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
That is a clean fiero! I like the skirts and bumper. What front bumper do you have?
Cancer Researcher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cancer ResearcherSend a Private Message to Cancer ResearcherDirect Link to This Post
Those rear lights look fantastic! How did you do them?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
the front nose is from Rob aka Amidia here on the forum.

as far as the rear lights those are stock lights because I did not get my tail lights done in time and have not had the time yet to get them done.
I sanded the lights with 1000 sand paper (yes the light area and all) then just mask off the lights and paint the color. take the mask off the lights and clear coat the intire thing.
D.

I need to get a few cars done before I can work on the bumper but I hope to have the mold made sometime this summer. I will keep you posted.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the front nose is from Rob aka Amidia here on the forum.

as far as the rear lights those are stock lights because I did not get my tail lights done in time and have not had the time yet to get them done.
I sanded the lights with 1000 sand paper (yes the light area and all) then just mask off the lights and paint the color. take the mask off the lights and clear coat the intire thing.
D.

I need to get a few cars done before I can work on the bumper but I hope to have the mold made sometime this summer. I will keep you posted.

That should give folks time to save up a few dollars.
philbur120

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philbur120Send a Private Message to philbur120Direct Link to This Post
love the bumper. I will hopefully be able to order one from you!
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
I want one so I can do this!

How is it coming along?
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Yes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock