Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Bartering for 3800 swap harnesses (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Bartering for 3800 swap harnesses by FIEROFLYER
Started on: 02-02-2010 07:17 PM
Replies: 74
Last post by: InTheLead on 04-30-2011 07:38 PM
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to start making a few harnesses on a trial basis but I really do not want to get into messing with money orders and such.
What I have done a few times now is I've made the harness and in exchange a customer purchases some parts I need for my car and either ships it to me or has them shipped directly to me. Once the parts arrive I ship out their completed harness.
The harnesses are still being built the same way as before with the individual customer deciding where things are being mounted on their swap and I make the harness to match.
I still need to be supplied with the C203 and C500 to work with and can supply the 3800 harness when required.
I was charging $500 US per harness but under this method I am asking for specific parts from suppliers like Rodney Dickman, The Fiero Store or ZZ Performance in most cases the parts come out to around $350 to $400 US making the harnesses a little cheaper and saving me from dealing with the money and still getting parts for my car.
If you are interested in getting a swap harness under these conditions please contact me to make arrangements. Dan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Haggerty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, have you had bad experiences with Paypal? That should remove any hassle with money orders. Hope to be contacting you around March to see if I can get one made...right now with my wife going through a custody battle I need all the money I have for her lawyers
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Dan's product is very well detailed, shipped in a timely fashion, and I can't wait till it gets warmer here to install it!

Good luck with future sales,
Greg

------------------

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
A few years back I opened an account with paypal and before I was even able to go down to open an extra bank accout to use on it I recieved an e-mail from paypal saying my account had been violated or hacked or some thing by an out side source.
That was enough for me right there and then. Dan
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post
Hmm....Does anyone know the possibility of using such a harness on a 97 3.4 DOHC? Are they similar enough in wiring? I imagine that an OBDII ECM would be same/similar in wiring.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
The wiring for a 3.4 is totally different, if you can wait till spring I will be doing a conversion from a 3.4 DOHC to a 3800SC on a 97 Monte Carlo. At that point I could make up a swap harness for the 3.4 to work in a Fiero. Dan
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
Hey dan not looking for a harness but as you know i have a moter comming up from Ohio there are a few things i need and am will ing to trade certin stuff for things i have

2.6 pully , AC deleet pully and bracket , elimi slip top pully ,slp headers with compleat exhaust and maginflow one in one out stainless muffler for now all things are new

I am looking for a 3.2 sc pully
bost By pass valve
3800 AC compreser i need the pully
a 3800 exhaust port plate like the ones WCF sells mild steel is fine need to bolt directly to heads i will be customizing ford headers to them
and now for the big one 3 core radiator new or in good condition

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
stay in good health Dan!!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 02-03-2010).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, my health has been slowly improving and my meds finally starting to get back under control and I am hoping to be able to start doing full engine swaps again this summer.
Just plan to start listening more to my body and learn to stop when the pain gets too bad. Dan
PFF
System Bot
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I might have something that would interest you to barter. These wheels would look good on your car, the rubber is shot. QUOTE]Originally posted by rourke_87_T-Top:

[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by rourke_87_T-Top (edited 02-04-2010).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I read a little bit about your previous endeavors.
I don't know anything other than what I've read but regardless, I wish you well this time around.
Take care of yourself.

Glad you're feeling well enough to continue.

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Things are going smoother then expected, I have rigged up a nice comfy seat and set things up to make it easier to work on the harnesses so they are getting done faster with less strain on my body. At this point I have completed three harnesses through this bartering process and will be ready for more by the end of the weekend.
So far each harness has come out to cost less then $400 US for the customer recieving it so not too bad a deal after all.
I can also throw in a matching programmed PCM when needed to go along with each harness. Dan

------------------

http://www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
How about a list of " YOU NEED ??
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
The harness I am finishing off now is being traded for RD shifte and select cables and slave cylinder for a V6 4 speed.
Other examples to trade for is for parts from the Fiero store like both front and rear heavy duty sway bars for an 84 to 87 Fiero which comes out to $319.90 US before shipping according to their web site.
Or a batch of parts including the Ocelot exhaust tips, set of 4 stainless steel brake lines and front KYB shocks again from the Fiero store which comes out to $324.85 US before shipping.
Or parts from places like ZZPerformance if that is preffered. Dan
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
PM sent
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I am suprised that 3800SC and N/A swap harnesses are still in so much demand they number of 3800 Fieros must be getting high into the hundreds by now.
I will have a 97 3.4 DOHC engine in about a month so I will be able to make swap harnesses for this engine as well at that point and am considering picking up a few other engines to make harnesses from.
Is there any engines that people on here would like to have added to the list of engines I can make harnesses for. Dan
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
N*
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
At the wreckers today and was able to get a few sets of the van tranny mounts I use ahead and stocked back up on PCM's.
So I can now offer the tranny mount brackets I use along with matching PCM's with the swap harnesses when needed.
I am also going to back this week and see about getting a few more of the van axles so I wil be able to put together some more completed pass axles for the swaps using the 4T65E HD tranny. Dan

------------------

madmods

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madmodsSend a Private Message to madmodsDirect Link to This Post
Dan,
I have an 88 with a 3800sc in it. The harness is a mess. I would like to replace it with another harness. I have a complete set of power window and power door locks to convert an non-powered fiero to powered. It has everything you need. Interested? If not, I will gladly pay for a harness.
paul_ntempe@yahoo.com
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Tempting but my car already has full power options. Dan
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Was able to get a C203 and C500 out of the wreckers from an 85 V6 4 speed so I have a completed 3800SC swap harness made up for a manual tranny in an 85 up Fiero with the C203 and C500 now on it making the harness complete and ready to instal.
Also have a PCM all programmed up to match so if any one is interested let me know.
Also have one spare throttle linkage adapter to work on the stock 3800 throttle body using the Fiero V6 throttle cable. Dan

------------------

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
The manual swap harness and matching PCM are spoken for.
So far things are going better then expected and I am averaging just over one week turn around on harnesses.
I am getting asked quite a bit for harnesses for just money and not the bartering system and even though I prefer the bartering system I will do harnesses for payment through postal money orders and hope that works out ok this time.
I think the bartering method is better because no cash changes hand across the border and with the vendors I have chosen there is more payment options so people can use pay pal or credit cards instead of the postal money orders.
But some prefer the other way so this is how I will do things.
For harnesses using the bartering method the parts come out to less then $400 usually around $350 and for bartering customers I will thow in a PCM programmed to match the harness.
For paying customers it will be $400 when you have a 3800 harness for me to work with and $450 if I have to supply one and for a matching PCM it will be $50 more.
As before I do need the C203 and C500 connectors from your Fiero to work with and please give more then just an inch of wire to work with on the connectors. Dan
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
how much would you charge me to program 3 PCM's, two stick shift's with the vat's removed and anything else that needs worked over for a manual trans, and one PCM programmed for automatic 4t65e-hd, with vat's removed and anything else that needs done?

i can supply the PCM's also, or can cross ship, either way is fine, i might try making my harness myself, but will definatly need the PCM's programmed.

matthew
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
$50 each so $150 for the three or around $100 in needed parts through bartering system and I can supply the PCM's if bartering. Dan
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

$50 each so $150 for the three or around $100 in needed parts through bartering system and I can supply the PCM's if bartering. Dan

let me know what you need.

also, i *MAY* have a set of original dew wipes, i have to check to make sure i have enough for all my fiero's but if i have an extra pair then i may barter them.

or you can let me know what you need.

matthew

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I would be willing to trade the three PCM's for a new set of dew wipes as mine are shot like most Fieros out there. Dan
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
hec hum..... Just kidding.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
ok, i do have an extra set of dew wipes, brand new in the packages, GM originals.

i also have two PCMS's one from a 98 regal, the other from a 2000 regal. (i have a third but i hate to remove it from a currently running 3800 s/c fiero)

i also have a dell D600 laptop its 1.4GHZ processor 512 megs of ram, windows XP, all updates, comes with street altas 2007, and i can provide a GPS reciever with it, it has a carry bag, and i can include an original dell xp disk, the original office 2003 disks, and copys of the original drivers cd, it also has a ac/dc charger with it, the computer has a 40GB hard drive, 2 USB ports, and it also has a 9 pin comm port that alot of programming software uses. also have the original dell carry bag.

any chance ic an trade off all that stuff for a wiring harness for a 3800 s/c auto in a 1988 fiero? i can provide the c203 and c500 connectors, and maybe some extra connectors once i look through my basement for all the stuff.

any other parts you need? id love to just get BOTH my wiring harness's done, i need another 3800 s/c harness for a 1984 model fiero.

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 03-14-2010).]

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

m0sh_man

8460 posts
Member since Feb 2002
oh, i also have a GT trunk seal in excellent shape, it has one small spot on it from opening/closing the decklid, but i rate it a 9 outta 10 for a original GM fastback trunkseal.

dont even know if you own a fastback, but ill throw that out there since these things are selling for $150-200 in good/great condition.
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Not sure on the value of the lap top, I have a dell Inspiron 6000 that I use for programming that I like other then the lousy screen that you can not see very well in daylight. Does the lap top you have also have that problem or is it just the 6000 model that does.
So if I understand correctly you want to trade the new dew wipes and the lap top for one completed swap harness, as I said I do not know the value of the lap top so don't feel insulted in any way. Dan
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
the laptop is worth around $200 and all the software will be included, i figure the dew wipes are worth $100 or more seeing as they are originals.

and i can supply extra PCM's and extra C203 and C500 connectors if needed, ive got plenty of stock harness's. but keep in mind, ill need three PCM's programmed.

matthew

edit: looks like your laptop and the D600 i have are almost the exact same thing but yours has a slightly larger display, i dont think mine suffers from the dim display problems though, the reviews on yours do mention dim display. so im not sure that it would be a great deal for you unless you want a second laptop.

its a great productivity laptop but its just not made for gaming.

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 03-14-2010).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
So it is the lap top with its soft ware and the new dew wipes for one swap harness along with the extra C203 and C500's. This covers the swap harness.
Send the two PCM's along with the other parts and I will supply the third and program all three for you for the fast back deck lid seals.
I can do that. Dan

[This message has been edited by FIEROFLYER (edited 03-14-2010).]

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
alright, ill take pictures of everything i have and confirm things, ill try to send you some extra c203 and c500 connectors.

do you want the 3800 series II harness that i have also, or do you build them with all new connectors? cause i can send everything i have to you also.

matthew
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Yes I can use the 3800 harness you have. Dan
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Yes I can use the 3800 harness you have. Dan

im going to switch over to PM's to keep this thread alittle cleaner.

PM coming at you in a few minutes.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Ok caught up again and ready for more, at this rate my Fiero is going to have a lot of nice parts on it. Dan
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i say you barter out the fiero for one of those power scooters and swap out the electric engine...hehehe....good to see you up and mobile again dan....tim
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tim, I was getting very worried for a while because if the medicine did not start working they were looking at cutting up the side of my head to deal with the swelling that was putting pressure on the veins going up the left side of my head and causing massive head aches.
Life is much better whn your head is not always throbbing.
Good thing is by taking it easy for a while my right shoulder has eased off and I am back up to having almost 35 percent of the use of that arm. Much better then the less then 10 percent I was down to last spring and my doctor is no longer threathening to pull my liscence. Dan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock