Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: TLG-Auto C6 'Vette Exhaust Tips (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: TLG-Auto C6 'Vette Exhaust Tips by Oslo
Started on: 12-28-2008 11:38 PM
Replies: 74
Last post by: 87Fiero on 11-26-2011 03:18 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Top Line Group Automotive - www.TLG-auto.com

TLG-Auto is my new business and we do custom automotive accessories and we are developing a new line just for the Fiero. One of the items that we will be selling in our lineup is the OEM, used C6 Corvette Exhaust tips. These pieces are stainless steel and OEM quality. They feature 2" - 2.25" inlet ID
and 3" OD x2 outlet - slanted tip.

This is a picture of one of our forum members: Rickady88GT

These tips are hard to find as most corvette owners will usually replace the entire exhaust system and either throw the whole thing away or sell the factory setup as a whole.
The reason that we carry these exhaust tips on hand is because they are hands down the nicest looking exhaust tips that we have ever seen on a Fiero. They do not rust out like so many other aftermarket pieces, they sound great and look incredible.

Of course they also look good on other cars, so consider a set for your other project cars, or spice up the wife's grocery getter...
The C6 exhaust tips are an incredible original GM design made of stainless steel with built-in resonators. These exhaust tips look absolutely stunning when installed on any year Pontiac Fiero, and many other vehicles.

Our price is for a set of exhaust tips (Left and Right).
Our price is $70 + s&h, and most places will only cost $14 to ship in the lower 48 states.
The tips that we sell are not brand new, but they are in good condition removed from a 2005+ year Chevrolet Corvette.

I can still accept orders through PFF, but I would prefer that they go through the store if possible. After the new year www.TLG-AUTO.com will also be accepting credit cards securely through our website.

Please check out our Fiero section:
www.TLG-auto.com

------------------

Top Line Group Automotive Accessories - Fiero, S10, HID, Universal

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 12-29-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
We currently have 2 sets in stock.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
You should weld up the inlet pipe to make them easier to install, you would get more money out of them.
Know anyone with a tig welder?

I have some sitting out on my work bench, I have the SS pipe in my shed. I just need to go out and get it done, I would have paid $25 more to have them ready to install.
If you plan on doing several then setup a Jig after you get the first one done.
Good luck
Jake
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Jake. I dont have the cash for a set right now, but someday I want them and would want them ready to install. A lot of people dont have the equipment to weld up and 90 to install them.

Jason
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I don't have any pictures of my set up but I got mine done at the local "Exhaust Pros" shop and it only cost around $22. Sure it's extra money, but it looks a lot better than having it exhaust clamped on to the existing pipes.

$85 shipped for the tips now and you can either weld them for free (if you or a friend knows how) or have them professionally done for an extra $25.
Or...
$100 shipped for the tips with welded on extensions that you have to attach with exhaust clamps (an additional $5 at your parts store).

Either way it is not a free modification. Also, what about the people that have custom exhaust? They will likely have to cut it to fit anyways so there goes the extra work for them. Or what about folks putting them on a vehicle that is not a Fiero?

I understand if you have a stock Fiero and don't know how to weld, providing an extension might be handy. But I'd rather sell a quality product that ought to be installed correctly - being welded on.

Also, I don't mean to be disrespectful, I really do appreciate the comments and the input.

------------------

Top Line Group Automotive Accessories - Fiero, S10, HID, Universal

LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Direct Link to This Post
What size are the inlets?

------------------
11.425 @115.60
Best 60' 1.543 seconds
3800 S/C 4T65E

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

What size are the inlets?

Good question:

2" - 2.25" inlet ID (depending on how you cut them)
3" OD x2 outlet - slanted tip
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Bump - still have 2 sets available

------------------

Top Line Group Automotive Accessories - Fiero, S10, HID, Universal: www.TLG-auto.com

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 01-01-2009).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today.

Thanks, Chris!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
This product is available directly through me here, on ebay or at www.tlg-auto.com

Ebay auction now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...ESELX%3AIT&viewitem=
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2009 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
damn im jugeling between these and my monzas :\
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2009 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
bump
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
The C6 tips auction on ebay ends tonight. Otherwise I have one set left.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 01-10-2009).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

damn im jugeling between these and my monzas :\

I don't know about the Monzas, but I used to have a set of Hooker tips.

These are much nicer.
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
Do these do anything to quiet the car down at all?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
They have built in resonators, so they are supposed to muffle the sound a little bit, but every exhaust system is different, so it may just change the sound to be a little more aggressive sounding.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Set on ebay:

Starting bid at $59 - Here's a chance to get a great deal on a set!

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero and S10 style trucks.
www.TLG-auto.com

Syme

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeDirect Link to This Post
Really nice tips. I just got laid off so I can't buy I set today, but I'd like to know more about the installation process. In order to weld them in, and cut the old ones out... you need to pull the exhaust system then, correct? I've never done any work with fiero exhaust, so I'm just wondering how difficult it is) Thanks

[This message has been edited by Syme (edited 01-15-2009).]

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
I run Corsa on mine but your going to pay for them. These look great and you can't pass up the price. Good luck!

Vince

------------------
Hop Till You Drop!!
86 GT.. Lambo Doors, V8, 5sp, Blue
88 Formula.. Stock, White... Wife Ride
85 Gt Black, 2.8, 4sp
85 Black, 2.8, Auto
99 K2500 Suburban, 454, 4X4
04 Trailblazer, Green, Wife Ride

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
These are being installed on my 88GT and all the work for everything being done to it will be done in about a month and I will post pics then. These tips look great and add a very nice touch to the car. Oslo shipped them very quickly and I am very very satisfied.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I have had tips installed without pulling the exhaust system down, but it all depends on how you or your installer want to do it.
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I will have more sets available by this weekend.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Got more tips in stock.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I have a set on my Northstar setup ..very nice tips
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

I have a set on my Northstar setup ..very nice tips

Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see them
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

Do these do anything to quiet the car down at all?

Now that several sets of these have been sold and hopefully installed. Do these tips with resonators do anything to quiet down the exhaust?

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
bump
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Get a deal by purchasing on ebay:

eze does it

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eze does itSend a Private Message to eze does itDirect Link to This Post
I got mine a couple of months ago I finally got them on my 87 GT and the look great. The weather is so crapy out here in chicago that I have not had a chance to even wash my car it rain it snows or its just to damm cold and i dont want my doors to freeze so I just leave it park in the garage. The muffler shop where I had my tips insatlled told me I got a greta deal an them and also said that these were really good tips that they would last me a long time. as soon as i get pictures I will post them.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear it! I can't imagine how much these would cost brand new from GM - maybe I"ll have to find out.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I called up my local GM dealership and they said that it is impossible to get these tips new all by themselves.

The ONLY way to get a set of these brand new is to buy the entire muffler assembly and then cut the tips off yourself. You would be looking at $575 PER MUFFLER/TIP!!!!

So I'll just keep selling them because people love them and you can't dream of a better deal!

My last set in stock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=150327041662

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 02-20-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a very nice product.

Here is some pics of the tips installed on my car.

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
Just orderd mine from Top Line Group Automotive - www.TLG-auto.com

can't wait to get them in
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
That has got to be the nicest looking set of exhaust tips available!!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 sets currently available, and you can get a good deal on one of them by going to this ebay auction now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...e=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
me want ! uuugh
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Anyone have these on a non-gt car? More specifically an '87 or '88 base body style? I'm considering them for my Formula but the only pics so far are on cars with an "aero" rear fascia...

Thanks,
Gary
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I have some more of these tips in stock now. I'll be able to ship them the same day as payment if anyone pays for them before noon. Otherwise they will ship the following day!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
ttt
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Posting to leave feedback

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock