Started on: 01-05-2011 09:30 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: josef644 on 01-07-2011 11:53 AM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
ITEM LOCATED and purchased

I need a oil pressure sending unit connector with about 4-6 inches of the wire to fit the older type of oil pressure sending unit like this one:

It can be just put into one of those fat envelopes at the Post Office and mailed to me. New ones at The Fiero Store are over $30.00

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 01-07-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I have a new GM socket still in the bag. $20.00 shipped.

PM me your details if you want it. I originally bought it for my 88 but discovered the blade width is wider on the 85/87 models.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have the 88 V6 style now. But I want to use the one pictured above. The Cadillac 4.9 engines often times have oil pressure light come on at a low idle. The 88's were built to come on at a different pressure setting. I cant stand the red light on at every stop sign and traffic light. The light never came on when I had this older style Oil Pressure switch /sensor on my 4.9.

If it will fit the OP sender pictured above, PM me your PayPal info and I'll pay you today.

-Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 01-06-2011).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I have the 88 V6 style now. But I want to use the one pictured above. The Cadillac 4.9 engines often times have oil pressure light come on at a low idle. The 88's were built to come on at a different pressure setting. I cant stand the red light on at every stop sign and traffic light. The light never came on when I had this older style Oil Pressure switch /sensor on my 4.9.

If it will fit the OP sender pictured above, PM me your PayPal info and I'll pay you today.

-Joe

The difference is in the gage, not the oil sender. IIRC there was a post at one time that had the changes (I think I still have the schematic diagram someplace - I will have to look when I get home as I just checked and I don't have it online to post).

It is odd that it worked ok for you with the old style sender.

The 88 oil cluster has a lower setting for the light 9 psi vs pre-88 at 15 psi. If you are having the oil light come on with a 88 cluster, you may want to double check that with a mechanical gage as it could mean a worn oil pump.

edit: looks like Raydar made a fix by adding a resistor, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/108485.html#p9 - you will have to ask him what size (once you know can you please let me know or add it to the wiring thread?)

thanks,

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 01-06-2011).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

The difference is in the gage, not the oil sender. IIRC there was a post at one time that had the changes (I think I still have the schematic diagram someplace - I will have to look when I get home as I just checked and I don't have it online to post).

It is odd that it worked ok for you with the old style sender.

The 88 oil cluster has a lower setting for the light 9 psi vs pre-88 at 15 psi. If you are having the oil light come on with a 88 cluster, you may want to double check that with a mechanical gage as it could mean a worn oil pump.

edit: looks like Raydar made a fix by adding a resistor, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/108485.html#p9 - you will have to ask him what size (once you know can you please let me know or add it to the wiring thread?)

thanks,

Well it's sorta odd that in the summer in the Texas heat,when I was driving around in the car I never had a problem with the Oil Pressure light coming on. After the harness swap, and converting to the 88 style sending unit I see the red oil light at all traffic signs and lights. I agree with you that the best way is to check with a mechanical gauge.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I have, it has the wider blades.

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Here is what I have, it has the wider blades.

Please PM me your PayPal info and I'll take it

Thanks
-Joe
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Thanks rpo

-Joe

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock