WANTED: 3.4L DOHC (LQ1) Performance Parts by Squeaky
Started on: 11-11-2010 10:07 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Squeaky on 11-13-2010 07:37 PM
Squeaky

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyDirect Link to This Post
Howdy,

I've just recently purchased a 3.4L DOHC V6 for my 87' GT. I wan't to maximize the potential of this engine but because aftermarket support is almost non-existant myself and other 3.4L DOHC owners are pretty much on our own. Although I plan on changing the cam timing (I would be willing to buy a used custom ground set if the price is right). However please don't reply if you're suggesting a turbo or have one for sale.

I thought I'd post a thread just in case anybody has any performance parts for the 3.4L DOHC laying around they'd be willing to sell.

Thank's!

[This message has been edited by Squeaky (edited 11-11-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
interested in a short runner intake?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Not to hi-jack, but I'm also interested in LQ1 performance parts. I'll be watching this thread.
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

interested in a short runner intake?

Yup, I sure would be. pm sent

[This message has been edited by Squeaky (edited 11-11-2010).]

Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyDirect Link to This Post

Squeaky

162 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by mattwa:

Not to hi-jack, but I'm also interested in LQ1 performance parts. I'll be watching this thread.

No worries mattwa, I've been watching your thread. I'm diggin' the gold/black theme! Had I kept my 2.8L I would've been interested in that dual throttle body intake.

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Squeaky:

No worries mattwa, I've been watching your thread. I'm diggin' the gold/black theme! Had I kept my 2.8L I would've been interested in that dual throttle body intake.

Thank you for your kind words!

Speaking of performance parts though, I do have an Eaton M90 if you want to throw that on.
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Speaking of performance parts though, I do have an Eaton M90 if you want to throw that on.

Your welcome! Hahahaha, now there's an idea. I think you might have a bit more experience pullin' engine's and dropping cradles from Fiero's, why don't you use it? It'a been done before, here's a link to David's 3.4L DOHC with a third generation Eaton M90 supercharger: http://www.cardomain.com/ri...lo-gales-ferry-ct-us
Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Squeaky:

Your welcome! Hahahaha, now there's an idea. I think you might have a bit more experience pullin' engine's and dropping cradles from Fiero's, why don't you use it? It'a been done before, here's a link to David's 3.4L DOHC with a third generation Eaton M90 supercharger: http://www.cardomain.com/ri...lo-gales-ferry-ct-us

After doing my homework, It's a pretty awesome looking and the "cool" factor is off the chart, but logic says other wise. The M90 basically was designed to pump air into (and thus create boost) a pushrod engine. The 3.4 DOHC flows a crap ton more air then a 3800. The M90 won't be able to create much boost, if any, with the stock pulley. Now if you drop down pulley sizes, then yes you will be forcing more air, but then we get into efficiency, and the fact that a ton of heat is going to be created, with the M90 spinning with like a 2.7 pulley.

In the end a turbo is a much better way of forced induction with a DOHC, as it will have the flow to power a larger turbo.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 11-13-2010).]

Squeaky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SqueakySend a Private Message to SqueakyDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock