WTB: Fire wall connector by ALJR
Started on: 11-08-2010 11:41 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: ALJR on 11-12-2010 09:10 AM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Looking for an engine ECU wire harness fire wall connector. Would prefer it to have 2-4" of wire leads on both sides... Need it for an engine swap and do not want to hack-up my stock 88; as I want to keep the freshly rebuilt 3.1 as a complete RTR drop-out...

Thanks,
AL

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 11-08-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
No one has a junk wire harness they want to sell the firewall connector off of?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Looking for an engine ECU wire harness fire wall connector. Would prefer it to have 2-4" of wire leads on both sides... Need it for an engine swap and do not want to hack-up my stock 88; as I want to keep the freshly rebuilt 3.1 as a complete RTR drop-out...

Thanks,
AL

Are you looking for the connectors that plug into the ECM?

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Are you looking for the connectors that plug into the ECM?

Sorry should have been more clear... I am looking for the pass-through block that is mounted on the fire wall; I guess it is not really a connector, as it does not seperate... Looks like one of the blocks goes to the engine wire harness and back to the ECM (the one I need); The other block looks like it is for chassis wire harness...
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
This? I don't have a spare , but it might help you out.

You do know that the gray side and the black side come apart don't ya?

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 11-09-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I might have one but your not gona have any use for the wire's. its a duke harness.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

This? I don't have a spare , but it might help you out.

You do know that the gray side and the black side come apart don't ya?

Close, that one is on the right (pass side); I believe that one goes to the C500...
I need the one on the left. It looks almost the same, but slightly different.
My 88 manual lists it as S508/S512 (vin 6); S504/S510 (vin 9)...

I have never taken one apart. When I did my engine rebuild, I removed the harness from the motor before dropping it.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
This is the drivers side one from my car. They were reversed and used on the passenger side also. But the inside drivers side is outside in the engine bay when used on the passenger side.

Look on Page 161 in the Haynes Manual for a pretty good picture.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 11-09-2010).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

This is the drivers side one from my car. They were reversed and used on the passenger side also. But the inside drivers side is outside in the engine bay when used on the passenger side.

Look on Page 161 in the Haynes Manual for a pretty good picture.

Ahhh, ic... I just looked at mine from the engine bay and noticed they were not the same; didn't realise they were the same, just reversed...

Anyway, if someone has one, I would like to buy it! PM me if you want to sell one at a resonable price...

Thanks,
AL
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
I should have one. U dont need the wires right. I can just boil my other apart. There so easy to take apart.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:

I should have one. U dont need the wires right. I can just boil my other apart. There so easy to take apart.

I used the wife's oven. 150* for 20 minuets, but you will need to use some pot holders as the things will roast your fingers
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
What are you guys talking about? Do they taste better heated?

I think I may need wire leads, no? or do they just pass-through the block w/o any sort of "holder" or connector? Are the wires just held in place with sealant? So this firewall connector is just a fancy grommet?

Either way, I still would like one...
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
The wires are held inside with a 'comb' like plastic thing. There is a 'hot glue' type of stuff used also to water proof it all.
Good luck with your projerct.

Joe Crawford
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

The wires are held inside with a 'comb' like plastic thing. There is a 'hot glue' type of stuff used also to water proof it all.
Good luck with your projerct.

Joe Crawford

Thanks for the info! This is why I love this forum...
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I use a heat gun to take them apart... Heat it and pry it open with a screwdriver. Then once you get it open you have to heat it and scrap the rest out. Put your wires together, run them through it and reseal...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I just set them in boiling water to get them apart, scrape off all the glue and seperate the wires. I normally cut the while comb looking thing to bits.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
ALJR I have one that is from the computer side(about 9 inches of wire) through the firewall (3 inches of wire on the engine side) I threw it in the box with the GT parts, which would have shipped this morning had my email not been acting up.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

ALJR I have one that is from the computer side(about 9 inches of wire) through the firewall (3 inches of wire on the engine side) I threw it in the box with the GT parts, which would have shipped this morning had my email not been acting up.

Sent you a PM...
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Still lookig for one...
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
As in the PM I swear I wasnt drunk when I thought you and Xanth were the same person since he bought some stuff from me I thought I was being nice throwing it in the box with his stuff.

Again sorry
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

As in the PM I swear I wasnt drunk when I thought you and Xanth were the same person since he bought some stuff from me I thought I was being nice throwing it in the box with his stuff.

Again sorry

LOL... no problem... I was wondering what you ment by "I threw it in the box with the GT parts, which would have shipped this morning"
I think Tstang429 is going to hook me up w/ one. If something comes up and he is unable; maybe I will contact the guy you sent the GT parts to and see if he can ship/forward it along to me
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock