Started on: 10-25-2010 01:23 AM
Replies: 36
Last post by: Danyel on 12-19-2010 08:25 PM
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
For Sale: Fiero Emblem Wall Plaque's

These plaque's are made of solid Beech and cut on my CNC router. Orders are filled on a first come, first serve basis and the pieces are shipped unfinished. All shipping is included with the pieces being bubble wrapped and shipped via USPS flat rate priority mailings.

Two sizes available
Large: 8" x 11.25"
Small: 5.25" x 7.5"

I am also offering an 8"x10" lexan engraving. This piece is reverse engraved (ie, engraved on the back side so the front stays smooth) and is shipped with it's protective plastic still on. As with the wood products, this will be be bubble wrapped and shipped via USPS flat rate priority mailings.

Prices:
Large Beech: $28.00
Small Beech: $23.00
Lexan 8"x10": $19.00

Payments should be made via PayPal to datacop@gmail.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Could I grab one of these local? I live in Indy.
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Yup
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Does the lexan come in other colors? Thanks
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
all i have is clear...
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
bump
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I will take both a lagre wood and a lexan Plaque. Palpal sent for $47.00

PM sent also with shipping address. thanks Dave
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

Will ship tomorrow
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Would it be possible to get it in Lexan but on a (12mm) 1/2 in thickness or close to that ..... if you can PM price including shipping to Levis, Quebec, Canada G6V-9T6

Thanks
Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
$ sent

Jim
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

$ sent

Jim

Thanks! Will ship tomorrow
PFF
System Bot
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Danyel:

Would it be possible to get it in Lexan but on a (12mm) 1/2 in thickness or close to that ..... if you can PM price including shipping to Levis, Quebec, Canada G6V-9T6

Thanks
Danyel

I've not been able to source any Lexan locally in that thickness

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
You would probably find it in acrylic or plexiglass ... let me know
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

You would probably find it in acrylic or plexiglass ... let me know

You have a PM
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by DL10:

I will take both a lagre wood and a lexan Plaque. Palpal sent for $47.00

PM sent also with shipping address. thanks Dave

Shipped... Tracking # in PM. Thanks!
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

$ sent

Jim

Shipped! Tracking # in PM

Thanks!
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
$47 Paypal sent for a large wooden and a lexan. thanks

Michael
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

$47 Paypal sent for a large wooden and a lexan. thanks

Michael

Thank you! These will ship Tuesday
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I recieved mine yesterday and they look great.
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today - they look great! Thanks again for making these.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Got mine today. Look amazing! Thanks again.
Michael
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
bump
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

I can still make and ship these.. Perfect Christmas present for the Fiero owner that has everything else?
SebFGT

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SebFGTSend a Private Message to SebFGTDirect Link to This Post
P...M...
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
PM replied
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if this would work or not, but thought I would ask.

I would love to see one in Lexan / Acrilic / Plexi-glass that is a bit thicker. Maybe 1/4" thick. I would like to put it in a flush frame of sorts, and put LED's in / behind that frame even with the lexan. With the way it is cut on the CNC, I wonder how well the LED's would light up the engraving.
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I could do that, but I'd have to source the lexan and have it shipped.. what size were you thinking?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking the 8x10. Could you try to stick a light on the edge of one that you have there and see of the emblem illuminates? I was thinking on fabricating this somehow into the car under the hood. With some small LED's around the edge, and a frame of sorts to hide them. I don't want to to look half "donkey" so I will need to raise the area with filler or something somehow, so it is all flush. The thicker the lexan / plastic the harder that will be to do to make it flush. How thick is the lexan that you are using now? at least 1/4" would prob be needed to embed some small LED's around the edge would be needed. If you can just test to see of the emblem illuminates on one of the thin ones you have, that would be great.

I am thinking on putting it in the center hood area, the large open area in this picture, and then filling in the area around it to level it all off somehow.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-20-2010).]

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
The lexan I'm using currently is .08" thick.. and I don't have any LED's around to test the illumination..

To cut you an 8"x10"x1/4" logo in Lexan would be $38 shipped. I would need 10 days turn around time...

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't even need to be LED's to test it. A flashlight, shop light ect, just being shined into the edge of the lexan would work. I just don't know with the CNC, and the rough cut it makes would light up the logo or not. Not "rough cut" as in a bad job, just the nature of the way it grinds out the logo is all.

If you can't quite figure out what I am looking for, here is an example. This is a custom door, with the lights hidden in the frame of the door. As the light travels through the plexi-glass, it only illuminates the etched parts.

More info on the door here: http://hackedgadgets.com/20...ed-door-lit-by-leds/

This is a rough sketch of an idea, on where I would like to put it. It's definately gonna take some fabrication work to cover the edges of the lexan and such....

If this works, I bet you will start to sell a few more of them

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Got a picture for you John. Just a pen light shined into the side of one of his lexan pieces. Working on an upload.

I got this wanting to something similar to the door you posted with LEDs just haven't gotten around to it.

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 11-20-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
If you can go just a little bit deeper with the CNC in the 1/4" lexan than you do with the .08 sheet, I definitely will take one. Just let me know and I will get the $38 off to you.

datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I can.. for the .08" I used a 50 degree V bit.. for the 1/4" I'll use a 60 degree bit so it will be deeper and the "reflecting walls" will be more defined.
datacop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2010 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I did some experimenting with customizing the plaque's a bit.. some renders for your consideration:

carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidDirect Link to This Post
PM sen and Paypal sent
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
The question I posted was to do the LED version.... but to light up the logo correctly you will need LEDs top and bottom .... or side to side ...
1/4 inc will be too thin for the LEDs needed for insertion and correct light dispersement

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock