Started on: 10-02-2010 05:22 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: mrfiero on 10-08-2010 06:48 PM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I purchased this from a forum member but I am going to go in a different direction. Asking $375.00 shipped.

Thanks
Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 10-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent

------------------
Peace!!

B2
86GT Project

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Bam Bam has dibs
mavsf49

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mavsf49Send a Private Message to mavsf49Direct Link to This Post
let me know if this deals fall thru..
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
im 3rd in line i guess.
mavsf49

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mavsf49Send a Private Message to mavsf49Direct Link to This Post
let me give the official DIBS ...2nd online
Radfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadfieroSend a Private Message to RadfieroDirect Link to This Post
is it sold or still for sale?
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2010 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Bam Bam has made a deposit to hold it till Thursday.
BAM-BAM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
I have sent the payment. Consider them SOLD!!!!

------------------
Peace!!

B2
86GT Project

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
It seems like these really go fast...must be good setups.
Lone Ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lone RangerClick Here to visit Lone Ranger's HomePageSend a Private Message to Lone RangerDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody have an audio file of a Borla exhaust on a Fiero? They are obviously well made, but I'd like to hear one.
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BAM-BAM:

I have sent the payment. Consider them SOLD!!!!

Are you going to mate that Borla to the headers you picked up? Should be a great combo..

Vince
BAM-BAM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
Yes sir, that is precisely what I have planned. I hope so. I keep hearing that the headers (manifolds) won't flow well enough for the motor. People need to understand that these aren't stock mani's and just from a cursory inspection you can see how they will flow so much better than stock.

------------------
Peace!!

B2
86GT Project

[This message has been edited by BAM-BAM (edited 10-07-2010).]

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Payment received, thanks.

This is SOLD
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
The Borla has a great tone to it.....I wish I still had one of the 4 systems I got when they were first produced.
Lone Ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lone RangerClick Here to visit Lone Ranger's HomePageSend a Private Message to Lone RangerDirect Link to This Post
Alas, "great tone" is a very subjective business. I listened to some of the systems on the Borla website for some clues, but it's hard to guess the sound on another car with a different engine. Clearly some people love that big V8 noise. I prefer a more "sports car-like" sound - more of a RIP than a BLAT. To each his own, as they say!
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
..In independent dyno test done during the 90s, the Borla system put out 5 more horse power than the stock system,that was a LOT for a V6 muffler system at that time ,they sold for $500.00 to $600.00 how ever !!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lone Ranger:

Alas, "great tone" is a very subjective business. I listened to some of the systems on the Borla website for some clues, but it's hard to guess the sound on another car with a different engine. Clearly some people love that big V8 noise. I prefer a more "sports car-like" sound - more of a RIP than a BLAT. To each his own, as they say!

It is definitely subjective, but I was referring to the Fiero-specific Borla system.....not some sound clips on their website of muscle cars or whatnot. In all honesty, a new bone stock V-6 Fiero exhaust has a very nice sound, but over the years leaks, "wrong" sized cats and other factors degrade the sound. The Fiero-specific Borla exhaust system (not just a muffler, but included the pipes & tips too) has a nice burble that, to me, comes very close to replicating what a new V-6 Fiero sounded like.....maybe a tad louder, but not much.

I suppose you really need to hear a system on a stock V-6 Fiero to appreciate it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock