Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  88GT T-Top 3800SC, 88 Fastback 5spd, 211 mile 72 Honda Motorcycle - 5,800 for ALL

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

88GT T-Top 3800SC, 88 Fastback 5spd, 211 mile 72 Honda Motorcycle - 5,800 for ALL by MadDanceSkillz
Started on: 09-11-2010 01:55 AM
Replies: 23
Last post by: gstorr on 09-15-2010 10:25 AM
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
INDIVIDUAL PRICES
88GT T-Top by itself - 2,000
3800SC swap mounted on 88 cradle and ready to bolt in with wiring done - 2,000
88GT T-Top/3800SC combo with 3800SC installed in car - 3,750 (Note: Will still need plastic body and doors reinstalled and fluids added)
Honda CB350 with all the extra parts - 750

Here's the package if you want a good deal on all of it, or just the info on the individual stuff.

88 Fiero GT 5spd with all options and T-Tops. This is a car that I could probably call "rare" on this forum with a straight face. Not much to say about it, it's a solid car with no drivetrain and a 3800SC swap (Shown below) sitting on it's painted, poly swapped, and refinished cradle. I don't have any pics currently but the body is off of it for a paint job which has not happened yet anyway. I left the roof on, just removed the easy ones like fenders, bumpers, fastback, etc. The interior is partially disassembled. If the 3800 swap was bolted in (The swap is already finished) and the body painted and reassembled, you'd have a seriously nice all-option 88GT T-Top with a really low-mile 3800SC. Doesn't get a whole lot better than that in the Fiero world...

Here's the 3800SC swap

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The 3800SC swap already has the wiring and everything done, just bolt in the swap, add exhaust, and go. I have an exhaust guy who will do the exhaust for 150 bucks locally. It has only 8,000 miles on the whole drivetrain, and is very clean both in terms of dirt and grease and in terms of the quality of the swap. Mods include a 3.4 pulley, MSD coils, powdercoating, and more. It's a very nice swap.

Here are some pics of the black 88 fastback.
It is a 4cyl 5spd, 107k, A/C, very good fastback conversion with all the badges/etc. Also has a Beechwood Interior. Nice car all around if it had a new paint job. Has new dew wipes, all glass is good, solid frame, headlight motors that work the definition of perfectly, new clutch assembly with pressure plate, TOB, etc with less than 2 miles on it, new valve cover gasket, painted several things/etc. Engine runs and drives well. All the suspension is good and the steering is nice and tight.

The Honda CB350 is a 72 with 211 miles on it, maybe 212 now. It has disc brake conversion with all new NOS parts that haven't yet been used other than for the 5 mile burn-in, a NEW engine, new clutch, new tranny, new alternator, new seat ($ on Ebay, check), new exhaust tips from a 57 Triumph ($ again on Ebay), completely rust free frame, and at least 500 extra parts with it. It's more new parts than it is used, and I can say with a straight face it's the nicest CB I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them. I won't lie to you, they're not huge collector bikes, but this one is definitely valuable or would be awesome to ride; it would be like getting a brand new bike that's now 40 years old. It also comes with at least 500 extra parts which fill 4 5'x2'x2' bins, including extra sets of gauges, gas tanks, body parts, forks, handlebars, 7 wiring harnesses, and a lot more stuff.

Pics of the bike. These are some old ones before more was finished. All it needs to run now is the tank put on and the exhaust bolted on (2 bolts per side). The only thing keeping me from finishing it is I don't have the 2 exhaust gaskets that go up at the head. They're dirt cheap, though. I also don't have a motorcycle license and can't get one until next year so I don't have a whole lot of motivation for it right now.

Comes with my parts hoard, which I would value at well over 1,500 dollars Pennock's Mall value. Most of you know me as a guy who sells a lot of parts on here, and this is the stockpile they come from. Lots of nice stuff, here's a pic of just some of it.

All of it together - 5,800
^ That's less than the 88GT T-Top alone lists for STOCK in Paul Vargyas's Fiero price guide. I just talked to the seller of the car I'm after and he's willing to take 5,800, so your cost just went down too. Need to get this stuff sold to buy my dream project.

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 09-12-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Bump
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
As the saying goes... Too far for me... But it seems like a killer deal!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Its a lot to ask to take it all, (hell I don't even ride a motorcycle), do you want to seperate any of it. How much for just the coupe w/ coupe parts that go with it?

Thanks

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, 1996 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
As for it being a lot of stuff, I tried to make a deal that would appeal to me as a buyer. Everybody here knows I'm a capitalist, and if I saw this stuff I'd buy it all, sell most of it, and probably end up with the 3800SC swap for free. I'm 90 percent sure I just sold the coupe for 1,300 and have a line on a buyer for the motorcycle for 1,200. But anyway, yeah, I'll separate it.

joe cat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joe catSend a Private Message to joe catDirect Link to This Post
wha t a shame your not closer we could have made something happen!!

Joe Cat
SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManDirect Link to This Post
So you're trying to sell this stuff to buy a 3800SC T top Formula? And you're buying it for $5800? That's awesome. I'd choose the GT over the Formula I think, but I do love my Formula
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
How much for the 3800sc and stuff?
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
The 3800SC is already mounted on the painted and poly swapped cradle that came out of the GT, and all the wiring, tuning, bullcrap is done already. My no BS assessment is it needs 10 or less man-hours to be running. Fieroguy123 can probably chime in in regards to that.

I used to like GT's better, and I guess I still do, but I like the idea of a 325hp sleeper. Maybe a GT rebody will happen someday. I've done one before, and it's not that hard, but I'm sure I'd have some people after me with torches and pitchforks if I did that to an original CJB black Formula.

That and Formula's are a close second to the 85GT for my favorite notchback. It's the "Make me broke" Formula.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078934.html

It's a steal for 5,800. It needs new paint and a new interior and has some issues at high RPM, but nothing I can't handle, and it would take me a long time to build one like it. Dementia's work is absolutely stunning from what I can see. It's a platform I can add a nice interior and nice paint to and have an incredibly nice car.

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009

Originally posted by joe cat:

wha t a shame your not closer we could have made something happen!!

Joe Cat

And someone please sell this guy a Fiero! I've spent probably 2 hours with him on the phone now chatting with him and educating him about Fieros and engine swaps, and he's a super cool guy. I would have loved to sell him mine, but the distance was a killer. You'll find the right one soon, Joe.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

And someone please sell this guy a Fiero! I've spent probably 2 hours with him on the phone now chatting with him and educating him about Fieros and engine swaps, and he's a super cool guy. I would have loved to sell him mine, but the distance was a killer. You'll find the right one soon, Joe.

I talked to Joe Cat tonight while I was at Costco. At first, I thought he was interested in simply helping me fix my wiring issue (I remember you saying Joe Welcher was the guru, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together immediately). There was a short pause on the phone when I realized who was on the other end. I think he should buy the blown GT in the mall.

Greg
PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I talked to Joe Cat tonight while I was at Costco. At first, I thought he was interested in simply helping me fix my wiring issue (I remember you saying Joe Welcher was the guru, but I didn't put 2 and 2 together immediately). There was a short pause on the phone when I realized who was on the other end. I think he should buy the blown GT in the mall.

Greg

Did he try and talk you out of your car? lol
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Did he try and talk you out of your car? lol

lol, indeed. He's looking for the $10k range, and something not so "over the top". I sent him the link to the blown GT in the mall. That would be perfect for him.

Greg
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

I'd take 4k for the 88GT T-Top and the 3800SC stuff. Can't take a penny less, because that's what it's worth to the guy with the Formula. I'd also have to see if he wants cash or the car more, but I'm betting he wouldn't mind if I just handed him 5,800 instead of 2,000 and a car, even as nice of a car and swap as it is. So if someone has 4k for the 88GT T-Top and the 3800SC swap, it's yours. The 3800SC is already mounted on the painted and poly swapped cradle that came out of the GT, and all the wiring, tuning, bullcrap is done already. My no BS assessment is it needs 10 or less man-hours to be running. Fieroguy123 can probably chime in in regards to that.

I used to like GT's better, and I guess I still do, but I like the idea of a 325hp sleeper. Maybe a GT rebody will happen someday. I've done one before, and it's not that hard, but I'm sure I'd have some people after me with torches and pitchforks if I did that to an original CJB black Formula.

That and Formula's are a close second to the 85GT for my favorite notchback. It's the "Make me broke" Formula.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078934.html

It's a steal for 5,800. It needs new paint and a new interior and has some issues at high RPM, but nothing I can't handle, and it would take me a long time to build one like it. Dementia's work is absolutely stunning from what I can see. It's a platform I can add a nice interior and nice paint to and have an incredibly nice car I can DRIVE and not BUILD AND WORK ON. I'm just getting tired of working towards the end of my build on that 88GT. It's not far off now, but even so, this will be a huge shortcut towards what I really want.

I wold just want the engine, as I already have an 88gt. I really do not want to deal w/ T-Tops; finding "regular" 88 part is hard enough!
You said it has no drivetrain; what exactly do you mean? Looks like I see a trans dip-stick in the pic...
Or if you ever want to detune that 3800, let me know. I like those fuel logs
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Maybe my terminology is incorrect...I use the word drivetrain when talking about the whole engine/transmission combo. The T-Top car has nothing in the back, it's cradle has the 3800SC on it.

I wold just want the engine, as I already have an 88gt. I really do not want to deal w/ T-Tops; finding "regular" 88 part is hard enough!
You said it has no drivetrain; what exactly do you mean? Looks like I see a trans dip-stick in the pic...
Or if you ever want to detune that 3800, let me know. I like those fuel logs

There's already a fantastic scanner that has been developed for iPhones, and tuning software is in development. I'm getting a GL1 to use with DashCommand soon, so I should be able to diagnose the problems if they're not easy. It has 1.9 roller rockers and a stock cam, which I've also heard can create issues.

John316

Feedback score:    (51)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John316Send a Private Message to John316Direct Link to This Post
Would you seperate the 3800 sc swap? I really do not need the engine but I need everything else.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John316:

Would you seperate the 3800 sc swap? I really do not need the engine but I need everything else.

Definitely not, sorry...it's too complete to tear apart. You could always sell your engine and keep that Gen V blower for this one
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Bump
mnstrfiero

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mnstrfieroSend a Private Message to mnstrfieroDirect Link to This Post
nice combo...
duckwalk39

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for duckwalk39Send a Private Message to duckwalk39Direct Link to This Post
That engine looks beautiful! I can't believe this hasn't sold yet!! Bump!
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by duckwalk39:

That engine looks beautiful! I can't believe this hasn't sold yet!! Bump!

Ohhh, but it has
PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
The engine just sold, looks like the fastback will be sold alone. I'll make a thread for it soon.
joe cat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joe catSend a Private Message to joe catDirect Link to This Post
Both you guys have been super- Dave I am telling all my friends about you and what a cool guy, YES I WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR BEST FRIEND IF I LIVED CLOSER! Greg anything I can do to help you with the haisburg car I will do _ Two great ellas, thats for sure.

I am not sold on that two tone blown car -I am just not about those colors and to repaint that great looking car would be a sin . I want that yellow one that Gary stole from me- He knows who he is- Just kidding he actually beat me too it- Not cause i was lazy just because i got serious too late!

Joe Cat
gstorr

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gstorrSend a Private Message to gstorrDirect Link to This Post
Car is still here waiting for you Joe If I find another Fiero I may just sell my yellow one to you.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock