86 GT Parting out by ConvertGT
Started on: 08-12-2010 01:08 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: MTillard on 09-01-2010 12:00 PM
ConvertGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvertGTClick Here to visit ConvertGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ConvertGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,
I've got an 86 GT and from all the paperwork I have it is an 18k original. It was stolen and then partially stripped out before it was recovered. Then the 2nd owner decided to do a Roadster Conversion on it got burnt out and left it covered in a barn. Then the guy I bought it from put some MOMO rims, a detachable steering wheel, and Corbaeu racing seats then decided it was beyond him. I'm basically taking it down to the frame and doing a 7" stretch for a pontiac 400! So any parts that won't be up to snuff will have to be replaced. By the time I'm done there will probably be very little of the original car left, but I need scavenging $$$!!! I'm putting the call out to you guys first come first serve! After a while you will probably start seeing parts on ebay. It'll be a slow process but I will post the auction info in this thread whenever something comes up. If you want any pics or vid clips email me and I'll get them to you as soon as possible. justin.lee27 at yahoo or lee.ma at ymail .com.

Thx everyone and happy hunting!
Justin and Maddy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerDirect Link to This Post
Front engine, rear enging, transverse? What trany you going with?
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Does it have a good set of drip rails?
wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
What is the condition of the left taillight? Is it available? Price and shipping to 54302.
ConvertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvertGTClick Here to visit ConvertGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ConvertGTDirect Link to This Post
To donnie: The Drip rails are gone... the car came w/ no roof what so ever!!

To wolfwolf: the taillights are in good working order and look good on the outside. I'll have to pull it off to make sure there are no problems hiding behind the scenes and then I'll get the exact pricing for you too.

To John: Rear Engine of course! I'm going to try for longitudinal! I'm thinking about a mid eighties tranny of some sort. Havent picked one yet... any suggestions?
fklucznik

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fklucznikClick Here to visit fklucznik's HomePageSend a Private Message to fklucznikDirect Link to This Post
I'm in need of a trunk lock cylinder w/ key.
ConvertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvertGTClick Here to visit ConvertGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ConvertGTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry fklucznik, the trunk locking system was never replaced after the theft.
Brians86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brians86SESend a Private Message to Brians86SEDirect Link to This Post
Pics?
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
I'm also interested in the taillights, especially the driver side, if wolfwolf doesn't take them. Shipping would be to 97322
ConvertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvertGTClick Here to visit ConvertGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ConvertGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey wolfwolf and Graterfang:
Got the taillights off. PM me your emails so I can send you some pics.
wolfwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfDirect Link to This Post
email sent
PFF
System Bot
ConvertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvertGTClick Here to visit ConvertGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ConvertGTDirect Link to This Post
Here is a small clip for your viewing pleasure of the engine running. It's sat for more than 2 months w/out being ran and the whistling is from a VERY poorly done and cheap Intake. But it looked brand new when I got it and there is just regular dust from sitting on it. I would cut a very good deal for anyone willing to help me take it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ei5iiQbPN4

Mini_moosee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mini_mooseeSend a Private Message to Mini_mooseeDirect Link to This Post
Would you happen to have the interior harness. The one that runs under the dash to the ECM.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Crossover/Y pipe and firewall side exhaust manifold?

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

ConvertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvertGTClick Here to visit ConvertGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ConvertGTDirect Link to This Post
Moose - I do have the wiring harness, but the wires are not in the best shape. They look a bit brittle.

JimmyS - So far the engine bay is totally intact.
MTillard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MTillardSend a Private Message to MTillardDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any smooth GT moulding and side markers? I need a few.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock