Started on: 06-22-2010 02:05 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: josef644 on 06-24-2010 04:44 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I am looking for a good Non Sunroof top section somewhere within 300 miles of Houston, TX. I have a sunroof car and want to switch it out, I have a good sunroof glass and all of its attaching hardware if you are wanting to add this to your car or inventory. Headliner board would be nice , but not necessarily a deal breaker.

I have a S-15 GMC truck and will come and get it. I will help remove it if needed
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Silverdosica

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaDirect Link to This Post
I have one on my 88 coupe but Im in pensacola fl

adam
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silverdosica:

I have one on my 88 coupe but Im in Pensacola fl

adam

Just a bit far. I was in Pensacola on July 2nd last year. I was crossing the long bridge when the fuel pump in my GMC died an untimely death. Pep Boys there fixed me up and back on the road. They were great to me that day. I was pulling this 88 when it died:

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-22-2010).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
You're lucky, my Pep Boys experience was less positive. They crossthreaded my break hoses and would not stand by their work. I did not do much work on cars back then, otherwise this would not have happened. There was a time when working on anything that involved electricity or fluids just scared me too much to mess with them. Now I just break a lot of stuff, but at least its me and not Pep Boys taking 600 dollars AND messing up my new calipers.

Now known to me as 'Rip Boys'. Glad to see someone get something positive out of their dealings with them.

I just did a 5 1/2 hour trip to Pittsburgh to do my swap. (Only took 4 to get home.. I flew) It was a fun adventure, and we managed to get the swap done with hardly any damage to the sunroof clip, and no damage at all to the hardtop. The hardtop literally popped right off, it was incredible.. however the sunroof clip had more butyl rope attached underneath than ever was necessary.. that one was the bear, and more fragile, too. I have a funny writeup coming in a day or two you might enjoy!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I am looking for a good Non Sunroof top section somewhere within 300 miles of Houston, TX. I have a sunroof car and want to switch it out, I have a good sunroof glass and all of its attaching hardware if you are wanting to add this to your car or inventory. Headliner board would be nice , but not necessarily a deal breaker.

I have a S-15 GMC truck and will come and get it. I will help remove it if needed

I have 2 tops that are soild tops but one has cracks in it and the other looks like the fiberglass is coming apart sort of(hard to explain). I also have a soild headboard that is in decent shape. I can get pictures for you if you want them and see what you think,,,You can have the parts if you think you can work with them as I don't need them. Just PM me if interested....
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

You're lucky, my Pep Boys experience was less positive. They crossthreaded my break hoses and would not stand by their work. I did not do much work on cars back then, otherwise this would not have happened. There was a time when working on anything that involved electricity or fluids just scared me too much to mess with them. Now I just break a lot of stuff, but at least its me and not Pep Boys taking 600 dollars AND messing up my new calipers.

Now known to me as 'Rip Boys'. Glad to see someone get something positive out of their dealings with them.

I just did a 5 1/2 hour trip to Pittsburgh to do my swap. (Only took 4 to get home.. I flew) It was a fun adventure, and we managed to get the swap done with hardly any damage to the sunroof clip, and no damage at all to the hardtop. The hardtop literally popped right off, it was incredible.. however the sunroof clip had more butyl rope attached underneath than ever was necessary.. that one was the bear, and more fragile, too. I have a funny writeup coming in a day or two you might enjoy!

Please do share it with us all.

Thanks
Joe
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I have 2 tops that are soild tops but one has cracks in it and the other looks like the fiberglass is coming apart sort of(hard to explain). I also have a soild headboard that is in decent shape. I can get pictures for you if you want them and see what you think,,,You can have the parts if you think you can work with them as I don't need them. Just PM me if interested....

Stephen please send me the pictures at

josef644 at yahoo dot com

I will claim the headboard if you don't mine saving it for me. Tim in Beaumont ( BMTFIERO) is supposed to have 3, but hasen't responded to any PM's.

Thanks
Joe
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

. . . I will claim the headboard if you don't mine saving it for me. Tim in Beaumont ( BMTFIERO) is supposed to have 3, but hasen't responded to any PM's.

Thanks
Joe

Listen here you old coot! I just got your email and PM. Two of three were destroyed when a friend of mine was helping me move my fiero stuff to a new shop. I had them leaning against a wall when he let one of my engine cradles fall on top of them cracked two of them down the middle and the third one suffer some damage as well. Which was a downer because I wanted to have a hardtop, sunroof, and a T-Top car. But because of what happen to my hardtops and the trouble I am having trying to get the T-Top kit that I paid for it looks like all I will ever have is cars with sunroofs.

Tim
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BMTFIERO:

Listen here you old coot! Tim

Tim thanks for the reply. Sorry for your misfortunes.

Joe
Silverdosica

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SilverdosicaSend a Private Message to SilverdosicaDirect Link to This Post
haha yeah well i wish i had known you wanted a hard top cause you could have got this one on your way and its even on an 88 lol
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Bump back to the first page
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Got one yesterday.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-30-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock