Looking for a 5-Speed GT by NC&StL
Started on: 06-15-2010 09:26 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: NC&StL on 06-18-2010 10:23 PM
NC&StL

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. My son and I are looking for a 5-speed GT for sale in the $2k-$4k range. While we expect to do some work on the car, we're trying to avoid major stuff like dropping the cradle. We are in Huntsville, Alabama (where we've frequented The Fiero Factory, which we are very fortunate to live near). I don't mind traveling a reasonable distance for the right car, although excessive travel costs will eat up what my son can afford to pay.

Our story: My oldest son bought an '87 GT three years ago that he currently drives. I liked it so much that I bought a high-mile '88 GT that is now my daily driver. Now my middle son is looking for a fastback. I've been scouring Craiglist, PFF, the Yahoo Forum, and anywhere else for months to find a decent, affordable GT in north Alabama, and haven't found one yet, so I thought I would quit lurking on the forum and just ask.

Thanks for your time, and for all the invaluable information that has helped us keep our Fieros on the road. They really do seem to multiply like rabbits...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
brokeagain

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brokeagainSend a Private Message to brokeagainDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked with Jeremy at the Fiero Factory? I know my buddy Matt sold Jeremy an 87 GT 5 speed that he was going to fix and sell. Jeremy is topnotch and since they are in your backyard I would start there...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

Removing the roof panel
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106413.html

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
That's a decent budget for a daily driver GT. Good luck on your hunt and welcome aboard!
NC&StL

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input, all. MulletproofMonk, I picked up some parts from The Fiero Factory today; Jeremy has a lot of cars, but unfortunately not the one we were looking for (or at least what we could afford ). It's always a great place to visit and see what's going on in the shop.

So...we're still looking.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock