Powdercoated 2.8 Parts by Rush619
Started on: 06-01-2010 09:54 AM
Replies: 42
Last post by: Rush619 on 07-05-2010 03:24 PM
Rush619

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
For Sale:

1 - 87-88 Upper intake manifold with Fiero Engraving - $119.00

1 - 86 Upper intake manifold without Fiero Engraving - $100.00 - Sold

1 - Pair of 2.8 Valve Covers - $80.00 - Sold

1 - 2.8 Air filter housing with lower support bracket - $69.99

1 - Pair of ash trays $19.99

+ shipping

I just pulled everything from the junkyard yesterday and all parts are in great physical condition. I just started working at a powder coating shop so I figured I'd get a few Fiero parts through.

I did a few parts about 10 years ago in a couple of different colors at this same powder coating shop and I know there are a few of you out there still running those parts...

I'm going to have everything done in Gloss red, but if you see something up there that you want, and in a different color, let me know. ANY color. We have glosses, flats, metallics, textures, ANYTHING.

If this works out as well as it did 10 years ago, I'll be doing this on a regular basis. So if there any parts that you want to see coated, let me know and I'll pick it up next time around at the junkyards.

All parts are solvent washed to get all oil and grease off - media blasted to remove original finish - powdered and baked. I will be re finishing the brushed parts myself to look like new. I'll get photos up as soon as the first parts go through.

Item(s) location: San Diego, CA

Pics: Coming soon

[This message has been edited by Rush619 (edited 07-05-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
too pricey IMO
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
Sorry but I tend to agree with ^^^
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind he is selling the parts & powdercoating service... Maybe he would charge less if you shipped him your parts???
Keep in mind, he has to go to the salavge yard, crawl through all sorts of junk, then remove them, take them back to his shop and then prep and coat them...
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious to see the pics regardless.
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Pricing would be much less if you sent me your parts. :-)

I have some valve covers getting coated tomorrow from another car in gloss red. As soon as those are done, I'll post up before and after photos.
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
I would like to do this on a regular basis to help my boss get some more stuff to coat and to help save some fieros one part at a time :-) . Times are kinda slow right now...

What would be a price you're willing to pay for the parts if you think they are too high..?

I can get any part just about from a junkyard, or you can send me your parts. No part too big or too small.

I had my 15" lace wheels done a few years back in white and they came out great, and On my next Fiero, I'll probably even powdercoat the subframe and suspension :-)
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
How much to do the rear GT deck lid vents in a satin black color?
I assume you powder blast them first?
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Yes they get media blasted first to remove the old finish.

I will ask my boss in the morning and post here in the afternoon the price.

While at the junkyard, I was looking for a good pair of vents, but couldn't find any matching sets....

We shoot satin black every day so there would be a very fast turn around as well :-)
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
I've got one valve cover blasted already (non-fiero) and it's going in and getting coated in red.

I also found out that we are shooting yellow tomorrow as well, so I'm going to have the pair of Fiero valve covers and engraved plenum done in yellow. I have done yellow in the past, and it turned out great.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
How bout a set of rims...Just a price (window shopping ). -Jason
PFF
System Bot
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
PM sent for valve covers. + I can send you a set of stock parts if you need them.

[This message has been edited by PePe-LePu_For_2 (edited 06-03-2010).]

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
I spoke to the boss man and and here are the prices for powder coating:

Decklid Vents in satin black: $85 per pair

The Wheels are a bit expensive....... Because there is ALOT of labor involved...

$55 per wheel if you get the entire wheel coated (no masking, and for a stock color)
+ $20 per wheel if you want the lip masked (on the 15" lace wheels)

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
Here are some color samples (just a small representation of what's available

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
And here are a few examples of finished products:

And here is a valve cover for a ford focus I'm working on. Not coated yet, but you can see a bit of the process involved. So far - washed and degreased, masked for sand blasting, sand blasted, masked for powder.

Here is hot it looked when I firt brought it in

[This message has been edited by Rush619 (edited 06-04-2010).]

PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
Wow, someone with a 2010 Camaro getting their wheels done already. I hope I don't have to do that any time soon.
Some have indicated that the prices are high here. I just got a quote from a local shop that wants $85.00 just for the setup charge. The actual work is additional.
Regarding the valve cover color. It is a red but it has a lot of orange in it. If you remove the rubber PCV gromet you can see some of the original paint color. I hope that helps.

Originally posted by Rush619:

I spoke to the boss man and and here are the prices for powder coating:

Decklid Vents in satin black: $85 per pair

The Wheels are a bit expensive....... Because there is ALOT of labor involved...

$55 per wheel if you get the entire wheel coated (no masking, and for a stock color)
+ $20 per wheel if you want the lip masked (on the 15" lace wheels)

[This message has been edited by PePe-LePu_For_2 (edited 06-25-2010).]

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful!! PM sent!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Good luck, but unless you get the parts for free, and own the powder-coating business, there is no real money in this. Cost too much to pull parts, pay the cost at the j-yard, then prep parts, powder-coat and then ship. You will break even or loose money. Now having folks send you their parts may work, but most live within driving distance of a place that will do powder-coating anyway, so dropping them off and having them coated locally will always be cheaper.

I only say this because this has been tried so many times and in the end the only one who makes out is the one buying the parts. I know because I have tried this too.

again, best of luck

RJ
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Good luck, but unless you get the parts for free, and own the powder-coating business, there is no real money in this. Cost too much to pull parts, pay the cost at the j-yard, then prep parts, powder-coat and then ship. You will break even or loose money. Now having folks send you their parts may work, but most live within driving distance of a place that will do powder-coating anyway, so dropping them off and having them coated locally will always be cheaper.

I only say this because this has been tried so many times and in the end the only one who makes out is the one buying the parts. I know because I have tried this too.

again, best of luck

RJ

I'll make a SMALL profit on the parts, but I mostly do it for the fun and to salvage those perfectly good parts from dead fieros. I get the coating for free and I do all of the work myself during my breaks and lunch...

As for the parts that are sent in, those will go through my boss and I'll be just the point of contact for pricing. I figure that every part I get in for coating is a littl more for the company. What's good for the company is good for me in the long run.

DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdDirect Link to This Post
pm sent for some side mirror housings.
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
I looked at the samples that I have and I think I found a perfect match for the original red used on the valve covers. I'll bring my camera to work in the morning and snap a few shots of the valve cover witht he sample next to it. :-)
PFF
System Bot
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
Cool, any chance you could post them using PIP? Our corporate network blocks linked images.
Thanks,
Martin

I looked at the samples that I have and I think I found a perfect match for the original red used on the valve covers. I'll bring my camera to work in the morning and snap a few shots of the valve cover witht he sample next to it. :-)

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
here are the pics of the red sample.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

it's been awhile since i've used pip but i'll try tomorrow

[This message has been edited by Rush619 (edited 06-09-2010).]

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
I will be going in early tomorrow morning to push everything through...

Here is the photo using pip. The Color is called Carnival Red

[This message has been edited by Rush619 (edited 06-09-2010).]

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
All of the parts have been media blasted and are prepped for powder on Monday. :-)
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
That Carnival red is probably as close as you could hope to get.

And who lets their engine get that filthy? That's the worst valve cover I've ever seen!
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Every thing is slated to get coated tomorrow. It has all been blasted and masked. I got some cool coloros for the manifolds. I can't wait for you guys to see them.

DJErikd: Thanks for stopping in today. I'll make sure that they take care of you on the mirror housings :-)
blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
Is this Chris? I like the powder coating options as I want some parts of my 88' done soon. Are you going to the Mission Bay BBQ next month?
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Nope. The Name is James. I'll be there at the Beach thing next month. Hopefully, I'll have another fiero by then....
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Here is the unfinished valve cover and the top to the air cleaner housing. They are still going to get a clear coat to gloss them up a bit and the valve cover needs to be sanded on top to remove the powder from the brushed parts.

It's incredibly close to the original red....

Here is a teaser pic of my special project. One more stage to go.....
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
How much to do a 2.8 air cleaner housing with mopar orange?

PFF
System Bot
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
I'll get you a price today.. :-)

Are you looking at just the lid and housing? or the lid, housing and stand?
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
I asked today and it looks like I can do all three parts (housing, lid and stand) for $65 - 10% (PFF discount). $65 is the minimum. I could do better deals with more parts.... I would also need some kind of color sample as the color names for powder and paint are usually different.
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Here are all of the the finished products

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
I'll get photos up tomorrow evening of the mirror housings we did for a PFF member in Satin Black. They came out just like new :-)
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
Nice stuff.
DJErikd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJErikdSend a Private Message to DJErikdDirect Link to This Post

I'll get photos up tomorrow evening of the mirror housings we did for a PFF member in Satin Black. They came out just like new :-)

Sweet! I can't wait to pick them up. Unfortunately, with my boss having been out all week, and us being out to sea next Mon and Tues, it looks like next Wednesday will be my first chance to get 'em.

[This message has been edited by DJErikd (edited 06-25-2010).]

Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
Sale pending on Red Valve Covers and Red Plenum
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post

Rush619

67 posts
Member since May 2010
Valve Covers and Red Intake Manifold SOLD
Rush619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rush619Click Here to visit Rush619's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rush619Direct Link to This Post
I pm'ed you the shipping cost. Awaiting paypal to

james_robert_stanley@yahoo.com

I've got it all boxed up and ready to go.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock