'86 gt 3800sc series III project by Thor 18
Started on: 04-07-2010 07:00 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Thor 18 on 06-06-2010 10:48 PM
Thor 18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
Link to my craigslist ad: http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/1726855857.html

As you can see a ton of time and money was put into this. I dont have a lot of free time and mostly a loss of motivation to make this everything I wanted. Car is in Meridian, MS. Feel free to call or PM with any questions. $3500

[This message has been edited by Thor 18 (edited 05-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
You said that it is hard to turn over, but is it drivable?

Greg

------------------

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... I hate being a broke student. Seriously.

Such a great deal.
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
does not drive. too much friction to start from the clutch. any other questions lemme know
Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a really good deal. I'm doing a 3800 SC III swap in my 88 GT and I can tell you that it's a pain in the butt (to do it right) and I've run out of money
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
This car already has harness, tuned pcm, coolant, fuel, and AC lines all hooked up. exhaust is 3" with high flow cat.
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
bumpity
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
http://s754.photobucket.com...xx188/Thor_18/Fiero/

new pics, car still has pollen on it thanks to my retarded house not having a hose attachment anywhere.

Any offers?

[This message has been edited by Thor 18 (edited 04-21-2010).]

Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
bump $3500
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
If I had the money and a way to get it here... Looks nice!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
looks like a good deal!
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
All this car needs is the correct Clutch set installed in it and it would be ready to go..Well besides the normal startup bugs that would need to be worked out,,,,
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
bump
John316

Feedback score:    (51)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John316Send a Private Message to John316Direct Link to This Post
How many miles on the engine, transmission, and on the car?
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
car and trans approx 75k. engine 85k, everything still pretty much looks new in it, no play in supercharger, etc.
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
craigslist posting expired, so new link in first post
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
bttt
Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
What clutch did you use?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

What clutch did you use?

The wrong one....The clutch was build by a local shop and if I was to bet they used a 3800 RWD PP......
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
bump
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
Got the car running this weekend so no longer for sale. Clutch itself was fine, fixed slave cylinder and grounding issues, adjusted the belts and its running like a champ
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thor 18:

Got the car running this weekend so no longer for sale. Clutch itself was fine, fixed slave cylinder and grounding issues, adjusted the belts and its running like a champ

What did you find that was keeping it from turning over?
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Well well then, That was almost a horrible mistake! lol
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

Well well then, That was almost a horrible mistake! lol

Seriously haha. the slave cylinder was broken, so we fixed that first. As far as being difficult to turn over, the supercharger/accessory belts seemed to rub against each other a lot. Took them off and the engine itself still is a bit tight, but with a new battery it seemed to turn over fine. Fixed the grounding issues and it runs. Still hunts around at idle a bit (800-1300 rpm) and has 80 psi oil pressure haha. If I had realized I didnt even have to drop the cradle to fix it, I'd have had it running a long time ago. Drove it for probably 10 miles, a little resonance right at 1500 rpm, pulls strong though, and the engine sounds good. The only code it has is a missing crank sensor signal, so I'll eventually look into that. The left front brake got stuck at the end, so now I'm deciding whether to just replace the stock caliper and resurface the rotor, or to go for a grand am brake swap. Charged up the system and the AC blows cold though
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thor 18:

Seriously haha. the slave cylinder was broken, so we fixed that first. As far as being difficult to turn over, the supercharger/accessory belts seemed to rub against each other a lot. Took them off and the engine itself still is a bit tight, but with a new battery it seemed to turn over fine. Fixed the grounding issues and it runs. Still hunts around at idle a bit (800-1300 rpm) and has 80 psi oil pressure haha. If I had realized I didnt even have to drop the cradle to fix it, I'd have had it running a long time ago. Drove it for probably 10 miles, a little resonance right at 1500 rpm, pulls strong though, and the engine sounds good. The only code it has is a missing crank sensor signal, so I'll eventually look into that. The left front brake got stuck at the end, so now I'm deciding whether to just replace the stock caliper and resurface the rotor, or to go for a grand am brake swap. Charged up the system and the AC blows cold though

Good to hear it is running but there is still something else going on though...As hard as that thing was to turn over there is something in there that is making contact...Of course if turned over enough times it would wear and then be easier but then that might lead to other issues down the road. At what point where the 2 belts rub against each other as they are spaced apart and run on the pulleys? If you get a chance to get under the car look/feel around where the trans dust cover goes and see if you see any shavings....Hope you have no more issues out of it and all goes well....
Thor 18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thor 18Send a Private Message to Thor 18Direct Link to This Post
we took the belts off and it wasnt super easy to turn over, but was definately doable by hand. lifters made a bit of noise for the first few mins, other than that nothing really sounded bad. I didnt notice any dust, had to replace a few coolant hoses etc, only thing coming out of it was water dripping off the condenser though. I'll keep an eye out for it, for now gonna work on the brakes though

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock