Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  The 2nd & LAST Glass Chop Top windows group buy (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
The 2nd & LAST Glass Chop Top windows group buy by Archie
Started on: 02-23-2010 05:18 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: madcurl on 10-05-2010 02:07 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
This is our 2nd. & will be our last Glass Chop Top Windows group buy.

As you may know, last Spring we put together a Group Buy for Glass side windows that fit 3" Chop Top Fieros that are chopped the way that my Chops are done.

You can read up on the details of that Group Buy here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/046481.html

That Group Buy was originally for 25 sets of windows, but due to losses in production only 20 sets were made. I had 20 sets sold in that buy, so all oders I had were filled.

I've rec'd. several requests to do one more Group Buy. So that's what this thread is all about.

The price of the windows will be $650.00/set. That is the same price as the 1st buy. The people who were involved in the 1st buy absorbed the costs of the tooling. In addition, they stepped up to the plate & fronted the $$$ for the windows not knowing if they would fit right. Now we know they will fit, So $100.00 of the current price is going to be rebated to the original group to thank them for fronting the cost & taking the risk.

Thanks to the original buyers, the tooling is done & we know they fit. So rebating some money to them is only right.

The Vendor requires payment at the time the order is placed. So, just as before, payment is required in advance.

I'm taking names & payments for the total price so we can get these ordered ASAP. If I can have 15 sets of them pre-ordered, I'll take the rest of them.

You can pretty much bet that this will be the last group buy. It's taken 10 years to build the 1st 25 Chop Tops &, at my age, I'm not planning on living long enough to build 25 more of them before retiring. or croaking.

I can take all credit cards, PayPal & you can mail in your order.

Archie

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Don't worry Archie.

V8 Archie master crafter, a man barely alive. Gentleman we can rebuild him, we have the technology. We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic man. V8 Archie will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster. The Six Million Dollar ChopTop Man.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-23-2010).]

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
Can I buy a set even though I don't currently have a choptop?

~Tyler
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

Can I buy a set even though I don't currently have a choptop?

~Tyler

Sure, almost everybody can buy a set.

Archie
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
When is deadline and do you also take paypal?
Thanks

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to mention that I have Video Installation instructions, that come with the windows, to show you how to install the windows in your Chop Top.

There are also several videos of the windows on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF19yPDWrKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwi67fuW8gc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8hKVWA-5U
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I'd like to get this done as soon as we can.

I'm thinking that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get enough people signed on to place the order.

Yes, I take paypal.

My paypal id is Archie@v8archie.com

Even if people don't want a set of windows, they can always just send $$$ to that paypal account anytime.

Archie

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

When is deadline and do you also take paypal?
Thanks

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
bump it up
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

I'm not sure of "when" I can afford a chop top (due to being unemployed). I plan (winter 2010 or Jan-March 2011) I had a couple questions:

1) "If" anything were to happen to you, are there people in place that will continue to offer this service at your shop?

2) If I buy the glass windows, will there be a cedit on the chop top? ($650 - replacement cost of lexan windows) towads the modification?

Let me know and thanks!
Greg

------------------

rodneybooth

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyboothClick Here to visit rodneybooth's HomePageSend a Private Message to rodneyboothDirect Link to This Post
Pony up guys, I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to have glass windows in your chop. My car just never felt finished looking through plexiglass. People would look at all the work I had done to the car and then question why I had plexiglass windows. I was hard to tell them that nobody could figure out how to produce glass that would actually seal up to that particular chop.
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusDirect Link to This Post
Archie, thank you for posting this. The cash back to the pioneers reminds me of a

time when customers were truly appreciated. I look forward to doing my first Fiero

chop using your glass. Put me down for Four(4) sets. Thanks again, PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Archie what would be the shipping costs to Florida, 32837 ?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Tony, you are the one I thought of when I saw this.

Archie if I can get the money together before you place the order I would love a second set. just to have or maybe another choptop at a later date
I will call you if I can swing it but things are tight at the moment.
D.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

$63.00
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Archie,

1) "If" anything were to happen to you, are there people in place that will continue to offer this service at your shop?

I don't know how to answer that one. I'm sure that if something happened to me that innovation & custom Fiero work will continue.

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

2) If I buy the glass windows, will there be a cedit on the chop top? ($650 - replacement cost of lexan windows) towads the modification?

The Chop Top prices on the Web Site are based on a price of $350 for the plastic windows. A Chop Top with glass windows would be $300.00 more. So you'd get a credit based on the current pricing on the web site of $350.00.

Thanks

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We have 5 sets spoken for.

Anyone else?

Archie
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
Great glass, easy fitment, no door mods, even in a non Archie homebrew 3 inch chop.

You won't be disappointed

------------------
88blackchopv8

RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. I might be interested in (1) more set. You never know with crack heads and theives running around breaking out side windows and things.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Payment sent.
outlaws

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent. thanks Archie
PFF
System Bot
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusDirect Link to This Post
Archie, This is what change the new glass is going to make.

As an added bonus, I won't be bothered by those Coneheads always asking for a ride.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hmm. I might be interested in (1) more set. You never know with crack heads and theives running around breaking out side windows and things.

Let me know when you decide.

A
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by RedlinePlus:

Archie, This is what change the new glass is going to make.

As an added bonus, I won't be bothered by those Coneheads always asking for a ride.

Lookin' good.

Archie

We're up to 7 sets right now.

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
bump and I sent you a PM Archie.

~Tyler
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Need a few more to get this going.

Archie
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusDirect Link to This Post
Bump....
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Archie PM sent
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Archie PM sent

I got the PM & answered it.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
9 sets & counting.

Archie
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

9 sets & counting.

Archie

Archie - sent you an email! Count me in please!!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Archie - sent you an email! Count me in please!!

10 sets & counting.

Archie
RedlinePlus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RedlinePlusSend a Private Message to RedlinePlusDirect Link to This Post
Bump......n Chop
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Let's get her done. I'd like to get the order in this week.

Archie
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Thinking... thinking....
McNasty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,
I just want to make sure I am understanding this thread correctly.
This is the last chance at a group buy for the windows.
does this mean that the glass windows will still be an option in the future for chopped cars however,will just be a more expensive option?
or,
Will this be the last time the glass windows for chops will be offered and once these are sold that is it?
thanks,
Shawnie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by McNasty:

Hey Archie,
I just want to make sure I am understanding this thread correctly.
This is the last chance at a group buy for the windows.
does this mean that the glass windows will still be an option in the future for chopped cars however,will just be a more expensive option?
or,
Will this be the last time the glass windows for chops will be offered and once these are sold that is it?
thanks,
Shawnie

Sorry, I haven't had much time to look at PFF for the last few days.

At this point, this is the last Group buy on the glass windows. It isn't necessarily the last time I'll buy them. If, in the future, there is enough of a demand, I'll be ordering more windows but probaly not as a group buy.

All Chop Tops in the future will have the glass windows (at a slightly higher price than what's listed on the web site). But as long as I can keep windows in stock, Future chops will have them.

If there is enough of a demand on this Group Buy, I intend to put out a kit (including glass windows) so that people with the necessary skills can build the chop tops themselves.

For example, if this Group Buy sells out, I'll still be ordering more windows for future in house Chop Tops & for future Chop Top kits I may make available.

I hope that makes sence.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-17-2010).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
11 Sets.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Bumperooooo

12 sets.

Let's get this done!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I called Archie last Friday. I'm in for my 4th set.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock