Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: TLG-Auto.com Trunk Light LED Replacements!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: TLG-Auto.com Trunk Light LED Replacements! by Oslo
Started on: 02-22-2010 11:35 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: 87GT2M6 on 10-13-2010 01:27 AM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Top Line Group Automotive - www.tlg-auto.com

Hello Fiero community!!! I'd like to offer you an LED option for replacing your OEM trunk light. Your original bulb draws a lot of electricity and it is common for you to have to unplug the bulb employ some other method of shutting off your trunk light during car shows and working on your car. The new LED replacements are much brighter and whiter, and also draw a significantly less amount of electricity!

The Level 1 LED trunk bulb uses 3 wide angle LEDs and produces a wide array of light:

The Level 1 product is $25, found here.

The Level 2 LED trunk bulb uses 9 SMT LEDs and produces a lot more light output than the Level 1 version:

The Level 2 product is $32, found here.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 03-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Wow, another cool product! My list of things I want to get from TLG when I get some spare funds just keeps growing.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 02-23-2010).]

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
Any pictures of it lighting a Fiero trunk up?
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Could these be used in the overhead counsel for the dome lights? If I recall they take the same kind of bulb.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

Could these be used in the overhead counsel for the dome lights? If I recall they take the same kind of bulb.

TLG already has a product for this.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

Thanks for your question! Actually the bulbs in the overhead console are a wedge-base style bulb, unlike the trunk bulb. Here is a link to the domelight kit:

TLG-Auto.com Fiero LED Dome Light Conversion
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

Any pictures of it lighting a Fiero trunk up?

Not yet. The lights came and went - what we had in stock is sold out. We will get pictures when the new owners post them on our forum here:

www.TLG-Auto.com/forum

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 02-23-2010).]

masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiDirect Link to This Post
I think the original trunk lamp is a 10 watt bulb, so the level 2 unit will deplete the battery almost as fast (assuming that each SMD LED is 1 watt).

Nice product, just didn't want anyone to have a dead battery by leaving it on too long.

[This message has been edited by masospaghetti (edited 02-25-2010).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
The Level 1 is a 3 watt setup and I'm not sure on the Level 2. I know it is not 9 watts. I believe each LED is a .5 watt = 4.5 but I will double check.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Here are the official statistics for this product:

Level 1: 1.25 watts, 0.09 amps @ 13.85vdc
Level 2: 2 watts, 0.15 amps 13.85vdc

Now that we've done some actual testing on the product I can update the original product information. Also, here's some installed pictures provided by Ivan Ezkibel:

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
BUMP For this awesome and unique product!
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
ttt
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
I vouch for this product 100%

I have the complete set installed in my car. All the interior lights from my dome lights to the trunk lights are now LEDs and it makes a big big difference.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock