Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  4.9 Swap parts: 68K motor-trans, 88 mounts, modded wire harness, ECM, chip, axles

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

4.9 Swap parts: 68K motor-trans, 88 mounts, modded wire harness, ECM, chip, axles by MulletproofMonk
Started on: 07-21-2009 04:36 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 07-18-2010 07:37 PM
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
======= Edit =======
Sold to MadDanceSkillz
==================
I'm starting with putting a feeler thread out here to see if there is any interest in the parts I have gotten for a a 4.9 Swap.

4.9L motor and transmission from a 1993 Cadillac DeVille with only 68,000 miles
ECM from the 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Fiero Factory ECM chip (removes passkey, speed and rev limiters)
Fiero Factory wire harness (by Injection Technologies)
Fiero Factory mounts (for an 88 cradle)
Fiero Factory axles

You need coolant and fuel lines. If your transmission mounts are shot you would want to replace those for the swap.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure that I want to sell the setup yet but it would help me upgrade a 3800sc motor I got...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 07-07-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skoon

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skoonSend a Private Message to skoonDirect Link to This Post
how much you looking for the harness?

------------------
84 gt project
3x84 indy
The junk yard is my zen garden

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skoon:

how much you looking for the harness?

I guess that I should have said I want to do a package deal so that someone can just take it and drop it in their car. Once I start splitting it up it gets harder to sell...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in all the stuff from the Fiero Factory depending on price. I have a motor and ecm already. Is this for an auto or 5 speed? THanks
Matt Jackson
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRJ:

I'd be interested in all the stuff from the Fiero Factory depending on price. I have a motor and ecm already. Is this for an auto or 5 speed? THanks
Matt Jackson

The setup is for a 1993 Cadillac DeVille with the automatic. I think when I ordered the harness Ed said that there was a difference with the 92 and the passkey module.

Again, I would prefer to sell the whole package. Maybe I should add the 88 GT donor car into the mix...
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Interested in trading? 86 gt fastback with 76xxx original miles.
joeschmotty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joeschmottySend a Private Message to joeschmottyDirect Link to This Post
what kind of price are you looking to get for everything as a package deal? if you would rather pm me the answer to this feel free...
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joeschmotty:

what kind of price are you looking to get for everything as a package deal? if you would rather pm me the answer to this feel free...

I didn't really post a price since I am still kind of on the fence about it. I'll guess I should put some number out there... $3,000.00 for the setup. If you want the 88 GT add $1,200.00. The 88 cradle has rust but is repairable and the motor from it is shot. I'll get some pictures up today if I have a chance.
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Brian:

PM sent.

Marc in sunny Florida

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
-Brian

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
If you do by chance split this up I might be interested in the axles depending on price.

Dan
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
-Brian

Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Is this stuff being separated? I'm definitely interested in the mounts for the 88 cradle. Since Rockcrawl is MIA and possibly gone for good, I can't get the mounts I need sadly

Let me know

-Brian
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Any word Brian? Definitely interested in the engine Mounts....
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
At this moment I am still looking to sell it as a set or if everyone wants to pitch in and come up with what they need and a price, I would send it to separate people...

------------------
-Brian

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

At this moment I am still looking to sell it as a set or if everyone wants to pitch in and come up with what they need and a price, I would send it to separate people...

YGPM with an offer for the mounts then
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
So that 4.9 swap might not be getting done, huh? That's too bad.

If I had 3 grand to drop I'd be on this for sure. A complete package would just be awesome.

I have dealt with MulletProofMonk personally and he's a great guy. I have no doubt he's selling exactly what he says he's selling.

David

------------------

Liberals are slowly destroying my faith in humanity. What little was left, anyway.

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks David. I am dumping a 3800sc in the purple Fiero. I could ending up doing the 4.9 swap also but the problem is the 88 I bought as a donor car is a rust bucket. I was hoping not to have to clean up the car first but it needs to be done right... If I get the 3800sc swap done and the 4.9 is still there I may do the swap and sell it as a running car... It could be worth someones time to buy it and the donor car, do the swap and sell it for some profit...

------------------
-Brian

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2009 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
How about $2,800obo for the whole setup?

------------------
-Brian

stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by stickpony (edited 07-17-2010).]

stickpony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickponyClick Here to visit stickpony's HomePageSend a Private Message to stickponyDirect Link to This Post

I'm starting with putting a feeler thread out here to see if there is any interest in the parts I have gotten for a a 4.9 Swap.

4.9L motor and transmission from a 1993 Cadillac DeVille with only 68,000 miles
ECM from the 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Fiero Factory ECM chip (removes passkey, speed and rev limiters)
Fiero Factory wire harness (by Injection Technologies)
Fiero Factory mounts (for an 88 cradle)
Fiero Factory axles

You need coolant and fuel lines. If your transmission mounts are shot you would want to replace those for the swap.

Honestly I'm not 100% sure that I want to sell the setup yet but it would help me upgrade a 3800sc motor I got...

you have a PM

[This message has been edited by stickpony (edited 07-18-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
This was installed in an 86GT T-Top last year.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock