Started on: 02-02-2009 12:13 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: fierofury on 09-16-2010 07:04 PM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Top Line Group Automotive - www.tlg-auto.com

Fiero Speaker Adapters: 4x10 into 4"

Our newest product for sale is a pair of ABS plastic front speaker adapter plates. These were made to be used in the Fiero, but will fit many different vehicles with a 4x10" speaker from the factory.

The price is $22 per set (Left and Right Stands)

The stock Fiero front speakers are a 4"x10" design which is TERRIBLE for sound quality. The elongated oval speaker distorts the sound output because it is not symmetrical.

This product allows you to upgrade to a better design round 4" speaker, or 4" component setup.
Oval speakers tend to distort (at higher volumes) in the lower bass frequencies much faster than a round speaker would.The performance difference between an oval and a round speaker are related to bass response rather than mids and highs.

Speakers were never intended to be oval. Have you ever noticed how high-end component sets usually always have round drivers? Very few companies produce oval component sets. The oval speaker was designed by the automotive companies kind of as a marketing ploy to "Fit MORE speaker in a smaller space". All that they did was create poor sounding speakers. This kit for sale allows you to fix the OEM mistakes in the sound system.

Round speakers will produce a clearer sound, due to the fact that they are symmetrical. The signal is dispersed throughout the speaker evenly, creating a sound that is synchronized. The oval speakers utilize speaker surface area to create deeper sounds. The oval speaker will not be as clear, but will produce louder frequencies. Most people that want better sound will always rather have the round speaker just because they sound more crisp and clear.
Parts List:

1. 2 ABS Plastic 4x10 into 4" speaker adapter plates (Pair)
2. 8 speed nuts for speaker installation
3. install instructions
4. SPEAKERS NOT INCLUDED

Please check out our Fiero section:
www.tlg-auto.com
------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero and S10 style trucks.
www.TLG-auto.com

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 02-02-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
good idea
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
Is the hole pre cut? If so, what size is it?
(I have a pair of 3 1/2" speakers kicking around that are pretty beefy)
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dougie Murder:

Is the hole pre cut? If so, what size is it?
(I have a pair of 3 1/2" speakers kicking around that are pretty beefy)

The rough opening of the hole is 4" diameter and yes it comes pre-cut.

The speakers that I have mounted in the pictures are 3.5" speakers but they fit OK.

Just measure the mounting tabs on your speakers to see if the center of the holes are farther than 4" apart.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 02-02-2009).]

GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
How thick is the adapter plate?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I believe it is 1/8" ABS plastic.

It is plenty sturdy and works great for holding a speaker.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
bump -

This product will now be made out of 1/4" plastic instead of 1/8".

The 1/8" works fine, (What I have in my car) but the thicker stuff will hold up better. Same price as before though.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Christmas-Time Sale for PFF members ONLY! I'm not advertising this on the website, so only people here will see it.

From now until December 25th, all 4x10" into 4" speaker adapters will be sold at a reduced price of $20 SHIPPED!!

This temporarily reduced price is good for anywhere in the continental United States. Other destinations will require an increase in price of the difference in shipping cost only.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
how do you know the person is from pennocks though?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Because you can order right through me on this forum.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Do you think you could make the hole large enough to use 5.25" speakers? Maybe an indentation or cutout for a tweeter for a set of components? I'd take a set if you'd be able to accomodate them... or maybe a set of blank, uncut plates so I cut and trim them for my own speakers?
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
ah, ill take a set then i need to ditch the craptastic Kenwoods the po installed.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Do you think you could make the hole large enough to use 5.25" speakers? Maybe an indentation or cutout for a tweeter for a set of components? I'd take a set if you'd be able to accomodate them... or maybe a set of blank, uncut plates so I cut and trim them for my own speakers?

I'd be happy to sell you a blank set. I think even after the cutout is made, a tweeter can still be used.

However, I don't think a 5.25" speaker will work. The original speaker is only 4" wide.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
How much for a blank set? My last 3 Fieros have had 5.25" speakers installed, they fit just fine
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
same price
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Want to make the 5 1/4" set as well? (Just give Fierosound a bit of a kickback for his design)
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Want to make the 5 1/4" set as well? (Just give Fierosound a bit of a kickback for his design)

I've thought about it and I actually have a blueprint of the product sitting in my shop. I just didn't know how to go about recreating another members' invention for profit when it is already distributed free of charge.

Of course I would pay some type of royalty, or simply get permission but it's already out there for all to make for themselves. If he would allow it and the people wanted it I would have no problem making it.
fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
Do 4 inch speakers connect (get power) the same way as the 4x10's?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofury:

Do 4 inch speakers connect (get power) the same way as the 4x10's?

They will connect the same as any aftermarket speaker does. You may have to create an adapter harness (two wires with new connectors) or simply splice into the existing wire harness. This is a common procedure when replacing factory speakers with aftermarket and is very simple.

The process is not any more difficult then replacing with 4x10s.
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent the other day. Thanks.

Jared
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I received payment. They will probably ship Monday as they are made to order.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:
I've thought about it and I actually have a blueprint of the product sitting in my shop. I just didn't know how to go about recreating another members' invention for profit when it is already distributed free of charge.
Of course I would pay some type of royalty, or simply get permission but it's already out there for all to make for themselves. If he would allow it and the people wanted it I would have no problem making it.

Don't do it for profit. Do it for fun. Make sure parts costs are covered + expenses for gas for the post office, and a couple of pennies for the beer you'd be drinking while making them.
Gives you an excuse to go in the garage and drink beer and escape the "honeydo" lists.

In all seriousness though. I understand your point. It's probably not worth it, unless you're making one anyways, and it takes no additional effort to crank out more at the same time.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofury:

Payment sent the other day. Thanks.

Jared

Sorry Jared, got a little crazy lately. Your plates will ship in the morning - sorry for the delay!
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
They look and work great by the way.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock