Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: Newly Designed Scoops, GT & NON GT Versions Available (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: Newly Designed Scoops, GT & NON GT Versions Available by JimmyS
Started on: 09-24-2008 04:33 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Docs87gt on 12-04-2010 01:29 AM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Introducing the newest design in fiberglass scoops for your Fiero.

There are 4 different designs available.

Shipping and Handling quotes are for the Lower 48 States. If you live elswhere, please PM for a shipping quote.

Buyer is responsible for drilling mounting holes and cutting scoop openings. I can do the cutting and drilling for you for an additional $100.00

GT Style #1 $250.00 + $45.00 Shipping & Handling (lower 48 states) **7 sets in stock and ready to ship** Paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com If you prefer to pay by money order, PM me for address.

Non GT Style $250.00 + $45.00 Shipping & Handling (lower 48 states) **6 sets available** Paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com If you prefer to pay by money order, PM me for address.

Non GT style with GT Ground effect attached for GT Syle #2 (These do not come with the ground effects piece. You have to use your existing pieces and attach them by drilling the proper holes). $250.00 + $45.00 Shipping & Handling (lower 48 states) **5 sets available** Paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com If you prefer to pay by money order, PM me for address.

Imsa Style. You can aslo drill the mounting holes for your stock GT Ground Effects piece to use on GT Model Fiero's. (These do not come with the ground effects piece. You have to use your existing pieces and attach them by drilling the proper holes). $250.00 + $45.00 Shipping & Handling (lower 48 states) **5 sets available** Paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com If you prefer to pay by money order, PM me for address.

Kris Munson Style. You can aslo drill the mounting holes for your stock GT Ground Effects piece to use on GT Model Fiero's. (These do not come with the ground effects piece. You have to use your existing pieces and attach them by drilling the proper holes). $250.00 + $45.00 Shipping & Handling (lower 48 states) **5 sets available** Paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com If you prefer to pay by money order, PM me for address.

------------------

Sail Panel Window Alternative https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/043053.html
My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 12-14-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Installed pics...
GT Style #1

Non GT Style with GT Ground effects attached to make GT Style #2

IMSA Style. You can add your own ground effects to be used on GT Style cars.

Kris Munson Style. You can add your own ground effects to be used on GT Style cars.

Sorry that I can't supply painted pics of some of these but if anyone cares to photoshop some paint on the scoops, please feel free to do so.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-12-2008).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the pics on the car that really helps me visualize what the final product will look like.
so far i like the non-gt with the ground effect attached but i have one question about it.

at the bottom of the scoop, where it flow into the ground effect. does it go below or stay even
with the top of the ground effect? it hard to tell on the white scoop.

thanks...
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I would realy like to see some pics of the IMSA scoops installed on a car if you could. Thanks, Chris

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 09-25-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
The soop was designed so the top of the ground effect stays even with the bottom of the scoop. It is important to make sure you drill the ground effect mounting holes in the exact same locations as the the stock panel. Just make sure you measure each hole on the stock panel and then transfer those measurements to the new panel.

For an added $10.00 I can pre-drill the holes for the ground effects for you. I can pre mark them for $5.00.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 09-27-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

I would realy like to see some pics of the IMSA scoops installed on a car if you could. Thanks, Chris

I will try to have those pics for you this weekend.
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Introducing the newest design in fiberglass scoops for your Fiero.

Imsa style You can aslo drill the mounting holes for your stock GT Ground Effects piece to use on GT Model Fiero's. (These do not come with the ground effects piece. You have to use your existing pieces and attach them by drilling the proper holes). $250.00 + $45.00 Shipping & Handling (lower 48 states) **In stock ready to ship** Paypal to imezru1967@hotmail.com If you prefer to pay by money order, PM me for address.

Installed pics coming soon.

I am quite interested in this style. But how much finish/prep is necessary before painting these guys? Also, is that price firm? I ask because Fiero Warehouse offers these ones for $220:

http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfie...es/quarter_panel.jpg
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Nice work the all look great.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

I am quite interested in this style. But how much finish/prep is necessary before painting these guys? Also, is that price firm? I ask because Fiero Warehouse offers these ones for $220:

http://www.ovis.net/~dmkfie...es/quarter_panel.jpg

Well you would need to drill out all the mounting holes, cut the openings for the scoops and do very minor prep (fill small pin/air holes) and then primer. I am willing to do the drilling and cutting, prior to shipping, for an added $100.00

As with all fiberglass parts, some basic prep is needed before paint.

Our prices are firm.

Thanks
Jim
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Direct Link to This Post
For some reason I can't download your pics can you email them to me @ jphofeldt@msn.com
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Installed pics coming soon.

wow, i really like those!

PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

For some reason I can't download your pics can you email them to me @ jphofeldt@msn.com

email sent
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

^ what he said ^ again they look awesome!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

^ what he said ^ again they look awesome!

I am meeting with Dan this Wednesday. I will have installed pics Thursday.
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
here's a bump for a great product!

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site and don't forget to click on the ads!
http://educatorstop15.we.bs/fieropage.htm

seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
bump, good work
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics GT style #1 is what I'm looking for pic says out of stock let me know when you have them and I will Paypal.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the pics GT style #1 is what I'm looking for pic says out of stock let me know when you have them and I will Paypal.

PM Sent
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Direct Link to This Post
Bump
FieroTheCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTheCatSend a Private Message to FieroTheCatDirect Link to This Post
Bumpit

------------------
I'll be watching.

-felix

'88 T-Top 5spd
1102 of 1252

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I need to address an issue that arose with the GT Style #1 and the Non GT/GT Style #2 scoops. This problem does not affect the Imsa scoops! The installed pics I posted was of the passenger side scoop.

On Friday, I went out to the garage to finally install my drivers side scoop and came across a problem. The downward/inward portion of the drivers side scoop, hits the metal framework that runs off the doorjamb.

This pic shows the area where it is hitting...

I did not realize there was a problem as my passenger side went on fine. All I can think of is... there must be a difference in the framework from the passenger side compared to the drivers side.

Dan and I are currently working on correcting this problem and we are making new molds of both sides. We should have it all corrected and ready to sell in 1-2 weeks.

I appologize for any inconvience this has caused anyone.

Thanks

Jim
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
IMSA Style installed pics added to second post.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-12-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I added a new style scoop (Kris Munson Style) to the first post. I also added installed pics of the new style to the 2nd post.

Enjoy
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Problem has been fixed with the scoops. I have updated the currently in stock info on the first post.
JPH87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2008 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Direct Link to This Post
Recieved my scoops today very nice work they look great. I worked in fiberglass for the better part of the 90's and these are very nice parts. Thanks
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2008 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Recieved my scoops today very nice work they look great. I worked in fiberglass for the better part of the 90's and these are very nice parts. Thanks

Nothing more satisfying than a happy customer.

Don't forget to take some pics of them installed.

Thanks again

Jim
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Updated the first post to reflect how many sets of each style are in stock.

***This just in*** We are now offering Gift Certificates. Available in any denomination you choose.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
I picked up 4 sets of the GT Style #1 scoops today. 2 of them were already sold and I just sold another set. There is 1 set left. Get it while you can cause it will be a couple weeks before I can get more.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

I picked up 4 sets of the GT Style #1 scoops today. 2 of them were already sold and I just sold another set. There is 1 set left. Get it while you can cause it will be a couple weeks before I can get more.

Last set is sold. Expected to have 7 more sets on Nov. 22nd. If you would like, you can make a deposit of $125.00 to ensure a set out of the next batch.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Cas88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2008 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cas88GTSend a Private Message to Cas88GTDirect Link to This Post
I want a set of the GT #1. How long before they can be shipped? And are these paint ready?

Cas
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cas88GT:

I want a set of the GT #1. How long before they can be shipped? And are these paint ready?

Cas

I am picking up more this thursday or friday. They can be shipped by saturday. They are ready to take to a painter. They will require basic prep before paint. They will also require all the mounting holes and scoop openings to be cut out. I can do the mounting holes for an extra $10.00 or for an extra $100.00 I can do the scoop cutouts and the mounting holes. I can mark the scoop cut outs free of charge if you want to cut them yourself.
Cas88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cas88GTSend a Private Message to Cas88GTDirect Link to This Post

I am picking up more this thursday or friday. They can be shipped by saturday. They are ready to take to a painter. They will require basic prep before paint. They will also require all the mounting holes and scoop openings to be cut out. I can do the mounting holes for an extra $10.00 or for an extra $100.00 I can do the scoop cutouts and the mounting holes. I can mark the scoop cut outs free of charge if you want to cut them yourself.

Okay, PM me with the details of how to pay you. I would like to have the cut-outs marked.

Thanks,

Cas
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cas88GT:

Okay, PM me with the details of how to pay you. I would like to have the cut-outs marked.

Thanks,

Cas

PM Sent
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieDirect Link to This Post
I just got my set today (GT Style #1) and i'm VERY happy with the quality!

The fiberglass is nice and thick too - these panels are not flimsy. Jim even marked out the cut-outs for the scoop intake holes and I didn't even ask!

Just wanted to give a bump to the top and let others know that this is a great product! Thanks Jim!

Here are some pics:

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justinchristie:

I just got my set today (GT Style #1) and i'm VERY happy with the quality!

The fiberglass is nice and thick too - these panels are not flimsy. Jim even marked out the cut-outs for the scoop intake holes and I didn't even ask!

Just wanted to give a bump to the top and let others know that this is a great product! Thanks Jim!

Thats great. I'm glad they arrived safe and sound. Thanks for the great comments and posting some pics. Don't forget to post more pics once you have them painted and installed.

P.S. I left you positive feedback.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-17-2008).]

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested to see how they look with the cutout actually made. I think it's be nice if you could have some sort of lip there around the cutout edges instead of a simple cut line. Wondering if it'd be possible to add a rounded lip of some sort to the cutout.

I thing a set of these will be on my 'to do' list at some point, looks to be a great product at a great price.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

I'd be interested to see how they look with the cutout actually made. I think it's be nice if you could have some sort of lip there around the cutout edges instead of a simple cut line. Wondering if it'd be possible to add a rounded lip of some sort to the cutout.

I thing a set of these will be on my 'to do' list at some point, looks to be a great product at a great price.

Ask and you shall receive...

I know it's a little difficult to see in great detail. There is a black homeycomb mesh in the cutout and that makes it hard to get a detailed pic.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-18-2008).]

A1MEFGT8488

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A1MEFGT8488Send a Private Message to A1MEFGT8488Direct Link to This Post
Thanks, I received mine today and it's nicely made tough. You know I'd buy another set if I had another Fiero. will update for photos.
Question: Whats the safest way or type of tools to use on the markings to have it function?

[This message has been edited by A1MEFGT8488 (edited 12-26-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A1MEFGT8488:

Thanks, I received mine today and it's nicely made tough. You know I'd buy another set if I had another Fiero. will update for photos.
Question: Whats the safest way or type of tools to use on the markings to have it function?

Your welcome and thaks for posting. Can't wait to see the pics. I use a dremel tool to cut out the openings and a drill to do the mounting holes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock