Clutch Pedal Pivot Sleeve by DougC
Started on: 04-12-2010 04:52 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: DougC on 04-15-2010 11:52 AM
DougC

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Looking to get a replacement Clutch Pedal Sleeve for my 86 GT (should be the same no matter what year, if the car has it (which seems to be a point of question...)).

Towards the end of this thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106762.html Patrick posted some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Tired of having my pedal assembly come loose and shifting becomes problemmatic once it's loose...

Not sure how much this piece of metal would go for, or why no one makes a replacement that I can find. I don't have paypal so we'd need to work out a money order arrangement (or if you're close maybe we can meet up for a beer )
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I think I have one but will need to wait until weekend because I'm out of town. Let me know by then if you still need it. Do you have the plastic bushings? If not the Fiero Store sells them.

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 04-12-2010).]

Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
I bought a bushing from Rodney Dickman. He's got a lot of parts for the clutch in here:
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...g/index.php?cPath=28
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
That 'sleeve' acts as a bearing. The bolt tightens down on the 'sleeve' and the plastic bushings prevent the pedal from binding on the frame of the bracket. The sleeve is fractions of an inch longer than the tube which is welded into the pedal itself. If you can get me an OD on that 'sleeve' I might be able to come up with some of the plastic bushings as we used to use some very similar on a piece of air conditioning equipment. I might still be able to get them......

I've got a manual car at home which is being salvaged.....I wanted to wait until this weekend before rendering it immobile, but I will look at my pedal assy and see if I have what you need.

DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I think I have one but will need to wait until weekend because I'm out of town. Let me know by then if you still need it. Do you have the plastic bushings? If not the Fiero Store sells them.

I did get new plastic bushings when I put in the new pedal, they should still be fairly good.

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

I bought a bushing from Rodney Dickman. He's got a lot of parts for the clutch in here:
http://rodneydickman.com/ca...g/index.php?cPath=28

Unfortunately he doesn't sell the metal piece I need, just different plastic bushings than the Fiero Store has.

Originally posted by timcha:

That 'sleeve' acts as a bearing. The bolt tightens down on the 'sleeve' and the plastic bushings prevent the pedal from binding on the frame of the bracket. The sleeve is fractions of an inch longer than the tube which is welded into the pedal itself. If you can get me an OD on that 'sleeve' I might be able to come up with some of the plastic bushings as we used to use some very similar on a piece of air conditioning equipment. I might still be able to get them......

I've got a manual car at home which is being salvaged.....I wanted to wait until this weekend before rendering it immobile, but I will look at my pedal assy and see if I have what you need.

I've been driving around w/o the piece for a while as it is, just need to flip upside down and tighten the bolts down again and get a few more months out of it, no need to imobilise your salvage right now if you want to wait until the weekend

Thanks for the replies thus far
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
Midweek bump
Wire

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WireSend a Private Message to WireDirect Link to This Post
What are you offering for one? Have a full manual peddle assembly I am selling.
If worth while willing to sell you just the pin (or as much of it you want)

PM me if interested.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Doug,
PM me your address and I'll send one out to you. I just replaced a clutch pedal with a new steel. MAN it is nice to have the clutch release ABOVE the floor!

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wire:

What are you offering for one? Have a full manual peddle assembly I am selling.
If worth while willing to sell you just the pin (or as much of it you want)

PM me if interested.

If you have a full set up to sell I'd rather not break that up, and I had just replaced mine with a Fiero Store pedal so I'm not looking for the whole thing.

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Doug,
PM me your address and I'll send one out to you. I just replaced a clutch pedal with a new steel. MAN it is nice to have the clutch release ABOVE the floor!

PM Sent

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock