Started on: 04-09-2010 07:04 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: chrishahn87 on 04-16-2010 08:31 AM
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Getting rid of some surplus Getrag/Northstar conversion parts that I won't be needing:

Flywheel is sold!

Next is a brand new Clutchnet clutch disc that should fit every Fiero transmission. It's the 6-puck sprung hub, and I believe it's a sintered copper friction material. Clutchnet wants $185 shipped. I'll do $160 shipped.

TOB is gone. Thanks Chris!

I've also got two 5-speed shifter assemblies (one freshly rebuilt), a Rodney Dickman Short throw shifter kit (the one with the slave mount), a brand new Rodney Dickman aluminum slave, a Rodney Dickman Getrag selector arm rebuild kit, and an actual Getrag that appears to have been crappily repainted before I got a hold of it. I'll get pictures/prices of these other items up hopefully a little later this evening.

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 04-10-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
1986Fiero GT - p/m sent
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Pm sent..
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayDirect Link to This Post
PM sent about the flywheel.

Chris
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Paypal sent,

Thanks!
Chris
philbur120

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for philbur120Send a Private Message to philbur120Direct Link to This Post
pm sent about flywheel
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
That was my flywheel that I got for the race car. I bought it from Alan at CHRFab after he told me that it would work in the Fiero with no modifications. When it got here, it was too thick which I only found out about after it was bolted to the engine and the clutch bolted on. I had to get up and running so I ordered a Spec flywheel and put this one back in the box.

The flywheel needs to be milled thinner, I don't remember how much but I measured it at one point in time.

Other than being bolted on the engine and the clutch bolted to it, the flywheel was never run. If I had more time back then I'd have had it milled and used it, but I didn't so it was surplus.

John Stricker
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

That was my flywheel that I got for the race car. I bought it from Alan at CHRFab after he told me that it would work in the Fiero with no modifications. When it got here, it was too thick which I only found out about after it was bolted to the engine and the clutch bolted on. I had to get up and running so I ordered a Spec flywheel and put this one back in the box.

The flywheel needs to be milled thinner, I don't remember how much but I measured it at one point in time.

Other than being bolted on the engine and the clutch bolted to it, the flywheel was never run. If I had more time back then I'd have had it milled and used it, but I didn't so it was surplus.

John Stricker

You said it better than I could have, thanks John! I decided to go with the F40, so I'll be needing the SPEC aluminum flywheel with Zac88GT's spacer instead. Again this flywheel has found itself surplus, haha.

Also, I too talked to Alan at CHRFab, and he said it didn't need to be touched. My suggestion? Lay both this flywheel and a factory flywheel on a level workbench, measure the difference and have that milled off. No big.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I did mine a different way.

I laid a straightedge on the stock flywheel and measured with an inside mic to the block/bellhousing mating surface. Then I put the CHRFab wheel on the northstar and did the same thing. The difference was what I was going to mill off. I don't remember what that was now, and not sure I can find those notes anymore, it's been a couple of years.

John Stricker

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:
You said it better than I could have, thanks John! I decided to go with the F40, so I'll be needing the SPEC aluminum flywheel with Zac88GT's spacer instead. Again this flywheel has found itself surplus, haha.

Also, I too talked to Alan at CHRFab, and he said it didn't need to be touched. My suggestion? Lay both this flywheel and a factory flywheel on a level workbench, measure the difference and have that milled off. No big.

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Got some pictures of the Getrag. Like I said, the paint job is terrible...it'll definitely need a new one, but as far as I was told when I bought it a few years ago that it only had ~50K on it.

I'd prefer not to ship it, but I doubt I'll be able to get away with that so I'll have to do shipping quotes on a case-by-case basis. PM me your zip and I'll get you a quote. Expect around $100 or so via UPS, but I'm willing to do Greyhound too as that will probably be cheaper.

I'm also willing to do a package price on everything I have left, and it's all Getrag-related and I planned to put all of these parts on this transmission. I'll do the transmission, freshly rebuilt 5-speed shifter assembly (with shifter), selector arm rebuild kit, Rodney Dickman short shift/slave mount kit, a brand new Rodney Dickman aluminum slave, and the above clutch disc for around $500 plus shipping, just to get rid of everything. I'll grab more pictures of everything sometime tonight.
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
TTT
+
added a positive "Feedback" for the seller

Thanks!
Chris
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors