Complete 2.8 out of an '87 by shawnhalolush
Started on: 02-22-2010 12:13 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: shawnhalolush on 03-30-2010 01:32 PM
shawnhalolush

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
I am planning on pulling my 2.8 out of my 86 to make way for a 3800sc. This is not the original motor for my car. This particular motor came out of Bmwguru's gold 87 gt for his 3800 swap. The motor had roughly 60,xxx miles on it when pulled, and only has a few thousand more now. The motor runs strong, but has an exhaust leak at the rear manifold. I changed the gaskets but one manifold stub hole is stripped out.( Behind the AC compressor, hole is empty but the treads are missing.) I will also throw the complete exhaust in with the car that has a new cat, and 2.5 in pipe after the cat to a Flowmaster 40 series Camaro muffler. The car also comes with one of Dodgerunner's spring tensioner set up. I will also leave the harness on the car as well. I haven't pulled the motor yet because I don't want it laying around my garage. As far as what I want for it, I want it gone more than I want to make a lot of money on it, so any reasonable offer will most likely be accepted. I do not want to ship it, but might be able to load it on a pickup with my hoist and meet you somewhere.

Shawn

Edit to add that I'll throw in the ECU as well.

[This message has been edited by shawnhalolush (edited 02-22-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the evening crowd and to add the ecm

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I'm terrible at making offers, and I just plain don't like them. Do you have a ballpark on what you are looking to get?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Not for myself but, I know someone that is in need of such a motor.

As my ole pappy used to say, can't be buyer and seller both. You have to have a starting point.

If you figure that one out, PM me. I'll let my friend know. He doesn't do the internet, sorry.

Ron
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for not posting a price, I understand how annoying it is when the seller doesn't post prices. I tend to low ball myself because things I don't need have little worth to me. The number I have in my head and would like to get for the whole thing is around $100 but its not in stone. And if your interested, I could throw in the 4spd trans swap too for like 75 more, I wont need it either since I'm going 5spd

Shawn
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Shawn, would you possibly be interested in an excellent condition fastback taillight as a trade? I bought it from Fiero Jon about two years ago for $160 and never used it. It just hangs idle in my shed on a bungie strap. It has no delam, no cracks, no fogging and is beautiful. If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll send you some pics. Also if you might trade for anything else, let me know.
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
The set I have on my car are in pretty good shape so I'm not really interested in taillights.

Shawn
thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
If only you were alot closer I would jump on it for my wifes SE. Good luck with the sale.The price is excellent.
SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManDirect Link to This Post
Man, you could get almost $2000 for that. That other guy with one with like 40k on it did, so I see no reason why his being better than new would make yours worth any less than $2000. Maybe even $2500.

Seriously though, good luck. That's a great price, and if I new that would fix my car's consumption problems, I would be all over it.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, when I sell some more parts, I'll check if you still have it.
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
PM replied
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
As of right now, It's going to Hulki

Shawn
Wicked86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wicked86Send a Private Message to Wicked86Direct Link to This Post
I missed this post, let me know if anything changes
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Shawn, PM sent
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
The deal fell through, the engine is back up for sale.

Shawn
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
bump
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
Bump again
volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Direct Link to This Post
P.M. Sent
Ed
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
PM sent as well.
volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Direct Link to This Post
Money sent.

Thanks,
Ed
PFF
System Bot
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
...And it was received

Shawn
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Damn, beat by 14 hrs! Good score volt!
shawnhalolush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
I sent ya a PM Redneck

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock