Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Another crack at this: 88 rear cradle for sale with links. $150 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Another crack at this: 88 rear cradle for sale with links. $150 by Xerces_Blackthorne
Started on: 01-27-2010 11:28 PM
Replies: 45
Last post by: Dementia on 02-23-2010 04:03 PM
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Gonna take another crack at selling this. Picked it up with plans to use it for a 4.9 swap, then moved to Nebraska and sold the car. Cradle located in Allentown PA at RJBlaze's house, and pickup is preferred. If you ask nicely and are somewhat local, I'm quite sure Bob would be willing to deliver or meet up somewhere

Cradle is in decent shape, no rust through. Needs sandblasted and por15 or powdercoating (hence the price). One mounting bolt hole will need filled in and re-drilled before being put on the car, as the guy I bought it off of torched it a bit too much when cutting bolts out.

Links are here in Nebraska with me, and I will ship them on my dollar if you buy the cradle. Bushings are all burnt out and the links have been sandblasted down, ready for powdercoating, thanks to Chrishahn.

If interested in just the links, I'll let them go for $65 plus shipping.

I want to get rid of this stuff already, since having another 88 Fiero isn't in the cards at the moment. The sooner I get rid of this stuff, the better. One less thing I have to worry about being spread across the four corners of the country.

PM if interested. I accept paypal, and would prefer it that way, but am willing to take payment via check or Postal money order.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Links pending. If they sell alone, price of cradle itself will be $100 picked up, or $100 plus shipping.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Xerces_Blackthorne

6163 posts
Member since Mar 2008
bump
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
This is probably scary but any idea on cost for shipping a cradle? 79938. Getting ready for a 4.9 swap on an 88 and that cradle would be a nice easy way to get it started. I have scoured the yards locally and looked up to 300 miles away - no 88 cradles to be found. If you get a chance to find out the shipping cost, let me know. Thanks

Pat

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Let me get in touch with Bob (RJBlaze) tomorrow and see if he can get a shipping quote to you. Best bet would probably be Greyhound and it'll still most likely be around $150 (at least) for shipping. Its not so much the weight (I can schluff this thing around like no tomorrow lol), more the odd shape and size me thinks..

I'll send ya PM when I find out for certain Katatak
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Ship it on a pallat with a freight company. I've shipped engines from NJ to CA for $100.00 this way. I purchased a cradle from Iowa a few years ago and shipping was $40.00
Hope this helps your sale.
Dave
Fierotech

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechDirect Link to This Post
Or no pallet, bring it to FedEx and they'll stick a label on it. Will cost around $100, depending on distance. Yes, because of the size; they only weigh about 50 lbs, but fall in the "oversize" category.

BTW, $200 shipped for an '88 cradle that isn't bent or rusty is a great price...

Jeremy B.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Fierotech (edited 01-30-2010).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys

Bump, still cheap as dirt for an 88 cradle. Came from a Formula if that helps any to sell it Also came from a member on here as well (I hauled it back in my Fiero of all things lol)
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Xerces_Blackthorne

6163 posts
Member since Mar 2008
bump
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Links back up for sale. $80 shipped by themselves.

Cradle and links together, $200 shipped in the 48 states. I need this gone guys, hence the price
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
I wish you were closer!
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by psychosurfer:

I wish you were closer!

I wish you could buy it hehe

Bump. No one? This needs to go ASAP
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I think RJ blaze got a really sh*tty deal out of this one.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
ill take an Amtrak train out if you'll let it go for 75 lol good luck with sale!!!!
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I think RJ blaze got a really sh*tty deal out of this one.

Bah, thread crapper.

How so I might ask? Bob and I have already talked about this before when I tried selling it. He has no problem at all helping me out with shipping and what not. Unlike you, Bob is actually a nice guy hehe

Unless you know all the details, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your comments to yourself. Go crap somebody's FS thread elsewhere...

$75 is pushing it a bit lol. I could let the links go for that price
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

ill take an Amtrak train out if you'll let it go for 75 lol good luck with sale!!!!

It would be cheaper to pay the shipping...

Dam... this is tempting...
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
tempting indeed! i would love the upgrade from the 87 rear cradle, but I'd have to sneak this from the wife...
mtjd25

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtjd25Send a Private Message to mtjd25Direct Link to This Post
I sold this cradle to him last year, it really was in pretty decent shape, not bad rust wise at all, just a little surface that would clean up very nice, it would be real nice for one of you guys for a swap.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
hopefully you still have this in a few weeks.

now this comes with all the linkage? including the sway bar linkage ?

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 02-02-2010).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
No swaybar sadly it went with the Fiero when I sold it....

It comes with the toe links, lateral links, and the control arms. You would need to purchase a swaybar, swaybar brackets (I have a set for the 88 rear that I will sell for the right price brand new, never mounted from Held), rear bushing kit (suspension.com has it for about $60 last I looked) and end links. If you are doing a swap on a previous year car, you'd also need knuckles and hubs to complete the rolling cradle setup, as well as the adapter setup from Held for 88 cradle on pre 88 cars.

I was planning on using this to build my 4.9 swap on so I could just roll it under the car and wire it up and be done.. But with school and being in Nebraska I ended up selling the car (wasn't practical as a winter driver with the high wind). Kinda hard to move a cradle 1500 miles away with a Fiero already full of crap also... Its been sitting at RJBlaze's house since the end of July, and I want to get it out of there.

Nice to see mtjd25 post to vouch for this I couldn't remember his username. But he is correct, there is surface rust that will clean up.. Zero rust through anywhere. Only real problem with the cradle is that one of the mounting holes will need repair, due to torching bolts out of it. Minor oversizing, and a welder would do to repair it. Weld it shut, and drill the hole again, no problem. 20 minute job.

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-02-2010).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

I was planning on using this to build my 4.9 swap on so I could just roll it under the car and wire it up and be done..

and drill the hole again, no problem. 20 minute job.

Thats why it was tempting, to make a possible future engine swap that much easier...

Drilling the hole is easier said then done! Not really any room to fit the drill & bit for proper alignment... May be better off cutting it out and welding in a new piece w/ the holes already drilled...
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
Any chance someone could poast pictures of the hole I would need to weld and re drill? Even if it's not the exAct cradle but one of the 88s and the spot, i'd be using this in my 87 witch has my 3.8sc but I need to replace my trans so I figured kill 2 birds with 1 stone, do you know where I could get the other parts to make it a complete roling cradle?
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested in the swaybar end link brackets, I'd let them go for $60 plus shipping alone, or $50 if purchased with the cradle. These are Held 88 swaybar endlink brackets, brand new, never used. I paid $65 plus shipping for them back in August.

Edit: Thanks to Google search and www.v-8fiero.us, I found a pic of an 88 cradle and edited it to show which hole needs fixed on my cradle. Problem is, I can't get PIP to work on my pc...If you are interested in the cradle, send me an email at the account in my profile, and I'll email the pic back to you.

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-02-2010).]

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
Email seamyl
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Email replied to.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
if i take the cradle ill take the end links to! hopefully you stl have this in 2 or so weeks!
dsnover

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dsnoverSend a Private Message to dsnoverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

If anyone is interested in the swaybar end link brackets, I'd let them go for $60 plus shipping alone, or $50 if purchased with the cradle. These are Held 88 swaybar endlink brackets, brand new, never used. I paid $65 plus shipping for them back in August.

Edit: Thanks to Google search and www.v-8fiero.us, I found a pic of an 88 cradle and edited it to show which hole needs fixed on my cradle. Problem is, I can't get PIP to work on my pc...If you are interested in the cradle, send me an email at the account in my profile, and I'll email the pic back to you.

PM sent...
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
it's always the same story for me location, location, location......I think mine is bad......all the good parts are elsewhere. sniff
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
bump. still available. Local pickup and you can take the cradle for $125. If you pick up the cradle and want the links/brackets, I'll let em go for $65 shipped.
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I'll take it all pm so we can figure it out. Chris
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

I'll take it all pm so we can figure it out. Chris

YGPM Lets work something out, I want these outta here lol
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump, still available. Need the cash fast, make me an offer.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump again. Still available, needs to go NOW! Tired of messing around with this crap, and I need to get the stuff I do have here in Nebraska outta the garage so I can pull the VR4 in and get working on it
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
LlI'll low ball bcause well the wife's not looking! 175 shipped! Bump for good luck with the sale wish I had the dough Ray me and the wife would let me spend it on the car
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Up. You pay shipping on it all and I'll let it all go for $125. Want it gone like last week Local pick up on the cradle, and its yours for $100

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 02-17-2010).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Links sold as of 5 minutes ago.

Cradle now $75 picked up in Allentown PA. Or if you want to pay shipping, $75 plus shipping.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-19-2010 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
does anyone have any idea how much to ship greyhound from the cradles location to oklahoma city? i need the cradle but shipping is the problem here. thanks, mike in oklahoma
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
im sure you could work out a deal with the seller on shipping GREAT seller just sorry i couldn't get money in time, well that and im selling the car
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock