Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Complete 4.9 Setup/swap with everything. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Complete 4.9 Setup/swap with everything. by TEXASGT
Started on: 12-16-2009 01:26 AM
Replies: 50
Last post by: MstangsBware on 01-18-2010 04:54 PM
TEXASGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post
Option #1

This is a complete auto drop out with all wiring harness from the fiero to the ECM to the 4.9. Its still on the Engine Cradle, axles are still installed. Its ready to go. Ready to bolt in and is truly a turn key solution... Its almost plug and play. Everything is upgraded or fresh installed. Valve covers, Water pump, plugs and wires are all new. Motor has about 70K. ECM is dyno tuned and ready to run. 30 day warranty on the motor and transmission from my shop.

Comes with (All New, Never installed) MSD-6A, MSD 8226 Coil, MSD Rotor and MSD HEI CAP. New MSD plug wires and NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

First $1000 or best offer takes it all.

Option #2

We can install the swap into your fiero at my shop turn key for $3000 with all the MSD parts from above including dyno and tuning time.

Split Second Performance
299 Riley Fuzzel Road
Suite B
Spring TX 77373
281-936-8822

[This message has been edited by TEXASGT (edited 12-17-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
This is an auto, I assume? I know this should be irrelevant, but...pics?
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2009 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post
Yep 4-speed auto.

Here is a video of it running. http://video.cardomain.com/...layer.aspx?id=708709

here is the build thread.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077634.html
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
If only I had seen this a few months ago...I did one myself (Which means 2 other guys did it with/for me) and it ended up costing about 3,500 to do a very basic job...but the job did work, I suppose, and I got most of my money back when I sold the car.

3k to install that kit for you is an INCREDIBLE deal for anyone that cannot do the install themselves.

------------------

86 GT with C&C T-Tops - 4.9l V8

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Having done a homebrewed 4.9 / 4T60E swap, I can attest that this is a very good deal. By the time I bought a low mile drivetrain, the wiring harness, axles, mounts, and various parts I was 2/3 of the way into what he's asking for this setup installed.....and I still had to do all the labor. Then factor in the time to sort out various small issues to get it running correctly.....and you see why this is such a good deal.

Had this been available when I did my swap in 2006, I would have been all over this like white on rice. If you've ever wanted a 4.9 setup and don't have the time, space, or ability to do it yourself, here is your chance.
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2009 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post
Yeppers...

Its a deal. I am not trying to get rich. I have decided to either go with a 3.8 Turbo or a 3.6 VVT

thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
wish I A) had the money and B) you lived closer so I could come and take it off your hands. Good Luck. BTW, if ya want to Secret Santa it to me I won't complain, lol
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Has this been taken yet?
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I think TEXASGT and I are in the final negotiation since the shipping price is right...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
Hey Brian,
What car is this for?
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I have a red 86 GT hard top in the driveway. The purple 87 GT is still getting the 3800sc... Although it is happening slower then I want...

------------------
-Brian

VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a good move.
thegreep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thegreepSend a Private Message to thegreepDirect Link to This Post
Call me if the sale doesn't happen 8012447253
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Just waiting to send TEXASGT the funds...
Looking forward to having both a 4.9 and 3800sc Fiero...

------------------
-Brian

02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
is the 86 gt a new car for you? I dont remember seeing it the 2 times I was there.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they are like strays... and keep showing up at my house to the wifes dismay... lol. If I keep it to three she seems tolerant of my hobby.

------------------
-Brian

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Brian,

If you need any help with the 4.9l swap let me know. As long as I don't have to stay 4 days straight...

I like driving and more experience is always good.

------------------

86 GT with C&C T-Tops - 4.9l V8

TEXASGT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post
Trying to get this worked out... My pay-pal got hacked.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Bump to see if you got your paypal working...

------------------
-Brian

possumlips

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for possumlipsSend a Private Message to possumlipsDirect Link to This Post
is this still for sale?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by possumlips:

is this still for sale?

I'm lined up to buy it if his paypal is working. I haven't heard anything back since Christmas...

------------------
-Brian

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
MulletproofMonk
I just sent you a PM with his telephone number
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post
Paypal is fixed. With the work load we here, 2008 STi race engine build, 1994 Supra turbo upgrades, Fiero GT 3.8 Swap, Civic with a H22 Swap, SRT-4 Turbo Upgrade and Tuning and a few others its just on the back burner for now. I don't have a lift or the time free to do it.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Well I called that one from the get-go--Gotta love corn FLAKES!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 01-09-2010).]

TEXASGT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Well I called that one from the get-go--Gotta love corn FLAKES!!!!!!!!

Hey MustangSally.... Why don't you come down to the shop and take it out for me. We would love to see you in action... It will only take you what? 6 months! LOL

Loser!

[This message has been edited by TEXASGT (edited 01-09-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TEXASGT:

Hey MustangSally.... Why don't you come down to the shop and take it out for me. We would love to see you in action... It will only take you what? 6 months! LOL

Loser!

Thanks for the PM but you could have posted it here for everyone to read and get that warm fuzzy feeling: What did it say O yeah:

Your F U C K I N G with the wrong group of guys. You can talk all the **** you want in the forums behind a desk and a computer screen but some point of time we are going to cross paths with either me or my business partner and we will see how much you have to say then...

Smarten up fast fella.... Anytime you want to take a drive down to Houston, here is the address... I am in Dallas enough and believe we can do it there as well... Get it!

------------------
Split Second Performance
299 Riley Fuzzel Road
Suite B
Spring TX 77373
281-936-8822
splitsecondperformance@gmail.com

If I read this right you are trying to scare me with your internet bully skills and challenging me to a dual?

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 01-10-2010).]

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Money is in my PayPal, ready to send.

I can drop a cradle out in my garage with engine hoist, jack stands and jack in 2 hours (3 with rusted bolts). Should be less with a lift since you don't have to raise it, adjust the jack stands, raise it some more, etc.

------------------
-Brian

sorefeet

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
I'm just wondering what kind of times your Fiero swaps are making at the track? Stephen's back yard swap has ran a best (that I know of) of 12.0 in the quarter and as far as I know it's still the fastest in Texas. I don't know if Nosrac has gone to the track, or if he plans to but I have seen his drivetrain and it looked cool as hell. Stephen did a hell of a job on it. I would be happy to have my car in his back yard, I can't afford to have someone else do mine so Stephen has answered every stupid question I've had for free and drove 4 hours down to my house to make sure I was headed in the right direction. Thanks Stephen.

[This message has been edited by sorefeet (edited 01-10-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sorefeet:

I'm just wondering what kind of times your Fiero swaps are making at the track? Stephen's back yard swap has ran a best (that I know of) of 12.0 in the quarter and as far as I know it's still the fastest in Texas. I don't know if Nosrac has gone to the track, or if he plans to but I have seen his drivetrain and it looked cool as hell. Stephen did a hell of a job on it. I would be happy to have my car in his back yard, I can't afford to have someone else do mine so Stephen has answered every stupid question I've had for free and drove 4 hours down to my house to make sure I was headed in the right direction. Thanks Stephen.

I am only the second fastest as Steve Reid(good friend) ran an 11.8 or so in his 3800SC car. But this will be changing soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorefeet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
I know cause I'm gonna beat all of y'all. (if I ever get it finished)
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sorefeet:

I know cause I'm gonna beat all of y'all. (if I ever get it finished)

I think my car will be the fastest in Texas because I have something you guys DON'T.........I have a final drive ratio of 3.05 due to my tranny was upgraded to a HD....What that means in application is....I really don't know, but it is still something that you guys don't have. So, I say I am going to kick butt on the track.

I have already been challanged to a few races but my car is back in the shop getting the suspension done and braked upgraded this time.
sorefeet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what my final drive is, but my tranny is HD from the factory. Your intercooler, smaller pulley, etc etc is why you will beat me from the get-go.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I think my car will be the fastest in Texas because I have something you guys DON'T.........I have a final drive ratio of 3.05 due to my tranny was upgraded to a HD....What that means in application is....I really don't know, but it is still something that you guys don't have. So, I say I am going to kick butt on the track.

I have already been challanged to a few races but my car is back in the shop getting the suspension done and braked upgraded this time.

Well at least you both have a positive attitude on it but don't feel bad when your both fighting over third. My car is going into mid 11's this year one way or another. Not to mention the LS4 will be on the road sometime this year also.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Well did this ever happen?

I am interested. I have the money if you can put her on the truck. Should fit on one pallet.
TEXASGT

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TEXASGTSend a Private Message to TEXASGTDirect Link to This Post
Nope the car is still sitting there. We just finished the Supra today. Tomorrow is a Jeep thats getting a 350 swap. If that goes well then maybe I'll be able to get it out. If some wants the car make an offer and come get it. If not then we may take to to IFO Sunday and run it down the track with a 100 shot of NOS until it pukes. Who knows. Its a shame seeing it sit there like that,.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TEXASGT:

Nope the car is still sitting there. We just finished the Supra today. Tomorrow is a Jeep thats getting a 350 swap. If that goes well then maybe I'll be able to get it out. If some wants the car make an offer and come get it. If not then we may take to to IFO Sunday and run it down the track with a 100 shot of NOS until it pukes. Who knows. Its a shame seeing it sit there like that,.

I am a bit confuded by this thread. It seems someone wants it. It also seems you have no time to go through with a sale or that the money never reached you or something.

All I want to know is can you put what you have listed for sale on a shipping pallet for northern California 94513 shipping destination with forklift for unload and if so when.

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Basically he doesn't have time to get to it right now. He has my build, and about 3 other major builds in line at his shop right now, not including the regular jobs. Someone does want the engine (MulletproofMonk), but he would have to bump his paying customers and tie up his lift in order to get to it. I just wanted to chime in and say he's not exaggerating when he says his plate is pretty full right now. A lot of the tuner shops in Houston have closed in the past couple of years, so they're getting a lot of business from the community. I think he'd prefer to just sell the car at this point, but it's his car so I'll let him talk for himself.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
First issue was that Will said his paypal was hacked and couldn't do the deal until that was fixed. Now the paypal is fixed and I am just waiting for him to pull and ship it to me.

------------------
-Brian

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Speedban kick in again??
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock