WANTED Armrest/glovebox lock by 88GT.FASTBACK
Started on: 12-01-2009 08:27 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: 88GT.FASTBACK on 01-05-2010 07:21 PM
88GT.FASTBACK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Need missing part as per photo.
Would also be interested in the whole door (black) Thanks.

[This message has been edited by 88GT.FASTBACK (edited 12-02-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I think I have one...going to check.
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2009 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
If there is a source for these, I'd like one too - I've got a convertible and have ALWAYS wanted to be able to lock that compartment.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I thought the was just talking about the stock latch. It has been raining here for 2 days so I can't get out to my "hulk" and check her. Should stop some time today.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 12-02-2009).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Got home...no rain...latch retrieved!
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2009 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent.
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen them with a lock but would love one too!
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
I never heard back from johnyrottin?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I have it...please bear with me. We had friends arrive from England that are here til Wednesday and I was trying to finish a Formula for a neighborhood kid. Car is up and running as of Sunday...just needs rad which will be in today...looking to install that on Wednesday after friends leave. However, I will jump on that clasp tonight as I can sit at the kitchen table and disassemble the door, avoiding the "you're not being social" arguement. Have your address and I will get it in the mail ASAP. Also, if I cant get it apart, to avoid any damage, I will just send the whole door.

Cheers,
jdh
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I have it...please bear with me. We had friends arrive from England that are here til Wednesday and I was trying to finish a Formula for a neighborhood kid. Car is up and running as of Sunday...just needs rad which will be in today...looking to install that on Wednesday after friends leave. However, I will jump on that clasp tonight as I can sit at the kitchen table and disassemble the door, avoiding the "you're not being social" arguement. Have your address and I will get it in the mail ASAP. Also, if I cant get it apart, to avoid any damage, I will just send the whole door.

Cheers,
jdh

So the one you have has a lock and key? Was it factory, or do you know where it came from?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Just the factory one...no lock, no key.
PFF
System Bot
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2009 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks johnyrottin.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I pulled this thing apart tonight ...out of the old console

and as I looked at the door the latch does not fully come out
Back

Front

I can send you the whole door or I can strip the gray covering off and send you the door. There is no warping of the door plastic however the covering has started to seperate a bit.

Let me know if this is what you need or if you want me to try to disassemble the little pieces inside the latch mech...also if you need the hinge or clasp.

John

88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John, the door has all the parts i need.
My consol and door have been redone in leather, maybe it won't fit and that is why it is not there?
I will not know until try.
When you have the time, please send me the whole door.
Thanks,
Pete.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Right-oh...it will be in the mail tomorrow. I'll let you know what the postage was.

Cheers,
John
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-08-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mate!
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John! Got part deliverd today (Sunday?)
Pulled out pin of old door and reinstalled latch in my door.
Thanks again.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Looks the kitty! I like the alpine pad in it as well. Cheers and glad I could help out.
John
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GT.FASTBACK:

Could you post some pics of your speaker setup back there? :intrigued:

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 12-22-2009).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Hey, I have that same alarm system just sitting in the garage (I had it installed in the 88, but have since removed it - don't remember the reason, just never put it back in).
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2009 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
If any one knows how to work this alarm system... please PM me.
User manuals are no longer available.
PFF
System Bot
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2009 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Hertz EP 5 - 630 Watt 5-channel Amplifier

Subwoofer behind drivers seat.

6X9's

Front speakers in dash.

[This message has been edited by 88GT.FASTBACK (edited 12-22-2009).]

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

If any one knows how to work this alarm system... please PM me.
User manuals are no longer available.

Just curious if you were able to get everything figured out?
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2010 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Not yet. The car is in storage in my garage. The hand held remote i have has 4 buttons and the instructions talk about a remote with 2 buttons. I really want to know what all the buttons do.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Not yet. The car is in storage in my garage. The hand held remote i have has 4 buttons and the instructions talk about a remote with 2 buttons. I really want to know what all the buttons do.

IIRC the 4 button remote was an option and the extra 2 buttons could be setup to use the optional outputs on the main unit - but that was way too long ago to remember. That system was new back in the mid to late 80's.
88GT.FASTBACK

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT.FASTBACKSend a Private Message to 88GT.FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Thanks a lot for the instructions. I'll keep you posted.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock