'88 Formula central Texas by westtexas
Started on: 11-29-2009 01:11 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: SMTHGT on 03-21-2010 12:52 PM
westtexas

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1988 yellow Formula for sale. It's located about 11 miles south of Brownwood in central Texas. I'd rate it about a 5 on a scale of 10. I switched the getrag with a isuzu. It runs well and shifts easy without grinding. The getrag had bad synchros in third. It has about 120k on it with normal wear and tear for a Fiero of its age. It was a daily driver until a year ago when the inspection expired. The left turn signal light doesn't show on the dash which fails it around here. The bulb is good. I assume it's a bad connection somewhere or it could be the switch. It's been parked the last year with occasional starts and warm ups. The tires are usable and the engine holds around 30 to 40 pounds of oil pressure without smoking. The engine is covered with a coat of my road since the last mile to my trailer is caliche topped. I changed the air filter and oil at regular intervals. It was fun daily driver but I'm just not interested in maintaining it anymore. I'll also include the Fiero stuff I've accumulated over the years like factory manuals for years '85, '86, '87, and '88, the blue PO1 parts manual for all Fieros, 2 sets of ’88 headlight assemblies, parts like a new coil...I’ve forgotten all of the odds and ends I’ve collected. I'm selling it for $600 firm. It's a good car to restore or part out. I did a title search before I bought it and it’s been in Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. It’s about as rust free as a Fiero gets. There’s a lot a little details I could relate like there’s a straight pipe where the catalytic convertor used to be, things like that but I figure the price is low enough that someone will think it’s a reasonable deal.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Haggerty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyDirect Link to This Post
Do you think it could be driven to San Antonio? Would like to see some pictures, Thursday and Friday's are my day off, so I could grab a friend to head out and get it.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2009 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hello i am very interested in your car, pm sent. mike in oklahoma
westtexas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't have current plates nor is it inspected. I'm guessing it would make it to San Antonio but the ticket would be expensive. I was stopped about four times for little things like not using my turn signals or a quick lane change. Then they got to run a computer check and look at my registration, insurance, and inspection. I think you would be better off with a car dolly or trailer.

It was a reliable car. It had around 86,000 miles on it when I bought it about 7 years ago. It started everytime and never let me down. My '88 Suburban has stranded me twice but my wife has arthritis and I need my Suburban's hauling ability. When I bought the Formula I had a great shop and had about 4 other Fieros from a wreck to a very clean '86 GT. Good times.

I'll try posting pictures.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Robert,
See ya on the 12th. Can you send the VIN through a PM? Paypal shows it went through.
Thanks,
Steve

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 11-29-2009).]

westtexas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for westtexasSend a Private Message to westtexasDirect Link to This Post
The VIN is 1G2PE1197JP210532. Steve has given me a deposit to hold my Fiero for two weeks.

[This message has been edited by westtexas (edited 11-29-2009).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Robert,
See ya on the 12th. Can you send the VIN through a PM? Paypal shows it went through.
Thanks,
Steve

You liitle stinker. Scored again!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2009 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by westtexas:

I have a 1988 yellow Formula for sale. It's located about 11 miles south of Brownwood in central Texas. I'd rate it about a 5 on a scale of 10. I switched the getrag with a isuzu. It runs well and shifts easy without grinding. The getrag had bad synchros in third. It has about 120k on it with normal wear and tear for a Fiero of its age. It was a daily driver until a year ago when the inspection expired. The left turn signal light doesn't show on the dash which fails it around here. The bulb is good. I assume it's a bad connection somewhere or it could be the switch. It's been parked the last year with occasional starts and warm ups. The tires are usable and the engine holds around 30 to 40 pounds of oil pressure without smoking. The engine is covered with a coat of my road since the last mile to my trailer is caliche topped. I changed the air filter and oil at regular intervals. It was fun daily driver but I'm just not interested in maintaining it anymore. I'll also include the Fiero stuff I've accumulated over the years like factory manuals for years '85, '86, '87, and '88, the blue PO1 parts manual for all Fieros, 2 sets of ’88 headlight assemblies, parts like a new coil...I’ve forgotten all of the odds and ends I’ve collected. I'm selling it for $600 firm. It's a good car to restore or part out. I did a title search before I bought it and it’s been in Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. It’s about as rust free as a Fiero gets. There’s a lot a little details I could relate like there’s a straight pipe where the catalytic convertor used to be, things like that but I figure the price is low enough that someone will think it’s a reasonable deal.

I didn't realize you lived in Zephyer. I was up there last year late, looking at a big log home on 10 acres of land with a pecan orchard to buy as an investment. I backed out of it when the realtor wouldn't come off the price 1 penny. The place had 3 wells on it too.

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Robert,
It was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for a smooth transaction. I will send feedback once I'm on the computer. Sorry to hear that you are getting out of Fieros.

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up.
If you live anywhere in Texas and see a Fiero for sale, you better buy it pronto, before Steve sees it.
Mike

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Just a heads up.
If you live anywhere in Texas and see a Fiero for sale, you better buy it pronto, before Steve sees it.
Mike

Amen !!
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I left one for y'all:
http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/1478617198.html
Here is a "raw" photo of the 88.
Been too cold or wet to clean it up. This is what I pulled away with. It runs great!

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 12-03-2009).]

Haggerty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaggertySend a Private Message to HaggertyDirect Link to This Post
Bummer, I knew I shouldve asked how to pay right away...damn texas ones get eaten in a hurry.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
That`s why when I decide to pay more for a nice Fiero I will go out of state to get it.
I prefer asking people I know if they know of one for sale, so I don`t have to jump through hoops to try to get it first when it comes up for sale.
It also helps to have the available / disposable funds to be able to jump on these deals.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Steve, the wife told me to tell you she is mad at you.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
Why is your beautiful, sweet wife angry at me?
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2009 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
steve i want it...lol give me a call tonight plz. mike in oklahoma
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2009 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Joe,
Why is your beautiful, sweet wife angry at me?

She wants your yeller car
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

She wants your yeller car

Well as I have found out in life (especially with cars) everyone has their price. I just haven't heard any on this thing. But Barney will be up for sale soon.

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2009 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Dat yeller car needs 4.9 put behind de wort 'Fiero', and in da engine hole. Dats needed soons too!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Now... it is time for this yellow formula to come live with me....

------------------
SMTHGT.....

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock