Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  88 Coupe 5-sp running, tagged and inspected.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

88 Coupe 5-sp running, tagged and inspected. by fierocarparts
Started on: 11-08-2009 08:13 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: mera7 on 11-22-2009 06:02 PM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
SOLD AND DELIVERED!

POP's is a must see place for everyone going through or to OKC.

Deposit placed on car. Looks like it is sold! Will deliver 11/21. Thanks, Mike!
I have it listed and described on C/L.

http://dallas.craigslist.or.../cto/1453892287.html

The 1988 Pontiac Fiero is the last year built and has the best suspension and brakes. It would make a great fun first car for a kid without breaking the bank or a dependable car for anyone. Tires are in good shape with plenty of thread left on them. It would make a great parent/child project car. I have 3 daughters and each of them repaired their own Fiero. One of the advantages to getting your kid one of these cars is that it is ONLY a 2-seater. Not a lot of piling in and going for a joyride. If you don't like attention, don't buy one of these cars. People are always asking me what kind of car it is.

The 4 cylinder, 5-speed transmission gets great gas mileage and is extremely reliable. The car is currently tagged and inspected. There is NO rust on this car. Many kit cars are built using this platform. Also some people have put the GM 3800 supercharged engine in these cars and the car will run 11's in the 1/4 mile and still give 30+ MPGs. This car can be driven while you fix up your Corvette, Camaro, Firebird or any other hot Rod Rat rod.

It has a brand new water pump and battery installed. The tags and inspection are good until October of next year.

Now given that there are very few miles on this car, it has sat out in the Texas weather for 22 years and the interior reflects it and clear-coat is typical for the GM cars of the 80s. The little 2.5L four cylinder Duke runs great and the 5-speed tranny shifts fine. This car came with dealer added on A/C and a luggage rack.
This car was sold in Dallas Texas and has never been registered anywhere but TX (according to CARFAX). The hood has been replaced and is primered. All other panels still have the VIN tag on them. I have a headliner for the car but it isn't installed. The tires are in real good shape. It seems that it would be perfect to drive anywhere.
I'd keep it as a daily driver but I have other project cars that I use as daily drivers. As with most 21 year old cars, it has issues but with very little work it would be a very nice car once again.
One reason I hate to sell the car is because I doubt that I will ever find an 88 coupe that is so perfect for restoring. I have two other projects that I need to complete more.
Will consider some trades but not interested in guns or large household items. PWC-maybe Motorcycle-maybe. Truck-maybe
------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 11-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
bumperooooza
ptboy55

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ptboy55Send a Private Message to ptboy55Direct Link to This Post
Hi,

You tugged at my heart, I just finished restoring an 85, my daughter has done everything to con me out of it, soooooo, I am looking for one to do with her, she is gonna help with the next one. Yours seems like a great candidate, the distance is an issue, maybe I will check for cheap flights.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I'd be happy to help you with delivery. DFW or Love Field are both possible airports close.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Bump
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Last bump. MAY have it sold but until I get at least a deposit, it ain't.
ptboy55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ptboy55Send a Private Message to ptboy55Direct Link to This Post
Hi

Sorry, gonna look closer to home..............

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Don't blame you for looking closer. Around here rust free is easy to find. Good luck, they are out there.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
if i were to fly into dfw do you think it would make the trip safely back to okc? mike in oklahoma
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
ill take it. pm sent please call me so we can discuss the details. thanks, mike in oklahoma
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
thanks steve, deposit sent. mike in oklahoma
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2009 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
Despite my "set-backs", made it home. Found a Wal-Mart and fixed my problem. Drove over to Pop's out on Route 66. WOW is all I can say. Food was one of the best values I have ever had. Definitely can't say that you can't find anything to drink.
Thanks again for your patience on my road trip to OK. can't wait to see pics. I know you REALLY understand why I could stay and visit!
Steve

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2009 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
GREAT little car, as advertised. Steve is a great guy to deal with. its ok steve we will visit on the next go round when you find me another 88 lol. great transaction. thank you Steve. mike in oklahoma

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock