1987 GT For Sale - Central Texas by AviStetto
Started on: 10-01-2009 03:38 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: Terry_w on 04-28-2010 09:13 PM
AviStetto

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AviStettoSend a Private Message to AviStettoDirect Link to This Post
I have decided that it is time for me to sell my purple ’87 GT. Before going into details, let me make a few important points:
- I do NOT hold a current title for this car.
- The car has been sitting in my driveway for just over 3 years.
- The car is located near Austin, TX (Liberty Hill, TX 78642).

This thread has some pictures of the car and my initial impressions:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-060802.html

I bought the car a little over 3 years ago as a project, but ran into some problems. The biggest problem was in getting the car titled/registered in Texas. I have a Bill of Sale for the car and a signed Title. However, the person who sold me the car never had the car titled in his name. So, the name on the Bill of Sale does not match the last Title holder (the last title and seller are both from Maine). I have been told that the only way to get the car titled in Texas now is to get a Bonded Title – a process that I decided not to pursue.

The last time I drove the car, I was having overheating problems. The fan motor would not come on. I purchased a new fan motor and fan relay switch, but those have never been installed.

The car has been sitting for 3+ years, and has the expected issues (making it undrivable).
- All 4 tires are flat. Furthermore, I don’t have the key for the locking lug nuts.
- The battery is completely dead. I purchased a new battery when I bought the car, but it has since been drained.
- The car will need to be hauled; don’t expect to be able to drive it away.

At this point, I’m just looking to recoup a little bit of what I’ve spent on it, and have it taken away.

If you’re interested and/or have questions, PM me and I can send you my cell phone number. For obvious reasons, I don’t want to post it to a public forum.

-Avi Stetto
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Could you please post the VIN#
AviStetto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AviStettoSend a Private Message to AviStettoDirect Link to This Post
VIN: 1G2PG1197HP216318
The_Ikon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
price? thanks
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
See you Sunday! Thanks!

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

AviStetto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AviStettoSend a Private Message to AviStettoDirect Link to This Post
This car is sold pending full payment Sunday (10/4)
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Well got "Barney" home with no problems. Will post pics and leave feedback. It was nice to meet you! Sorry to see you getting out of Fieros.
Thanks,
Steve

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-04-2009).]

trod84se4spd

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdDirect Link to This Post
I've probably purchased 40-50 cars over the last 25 years and the FIRST thing you do is ask for the title and compare it to the VIN tag. If they don't match I walk, a good friend accepted a sellers's word about a car with no-title and on the way home towing a trailer he was stopped by the Ohio State Patrol for faulty taillights. You guessed it, stolen vehicle! $3000.00 bond, tow vehicle, trailer, car on trailer IMPOUNDED. Two days later when he got out of jail (no weekend court appearances) It cost an additional $5000.00 to a lawyer to get his truck and trailer back. And the $ 5000.00 he paid for the corvette GONE. A total of $13,000.00 and two days in jail. ASK FOR THE TITLE ! AND DON'T ACCEPT ANY BS STORIES !
AviStetto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AviStettoSend a Private Message to AviStettoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trod84se4spd:

I've probably purchased 40-50 cars over the last 25 years and the FIRST thing you do is ask for the title and compare it to the VIN tag. If they don't match I walk, a good friend accepted a sellers's word about a car with no-title and on the way home towing a trailer he was stopped by the Ohio State Patrol for faulty taillights. You guessed it, stolen vehicle! $3000.00 bond, tow vehicle, trailer, car on trailer IMPOUNDED. Two days later when he got out of jail (no weekend court appearances) It cost an additional $5000.00 to a lawyer to get his truck and trailer back. And the $ 5000.00 he paid for the corvette GONE. A total of $13,000.00 and two days in jail. ASK FOR THE TITLE ! AND DON'T ACCEPT ANY BS STORIES !

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my post on the title situation. Hopefully, I was clear with the buyer.

In 1996 Mr Jones purchased the car and had it titled in his name.
In 2001 Mr Smith purchased the car from Mr Jones but never had the title transferred. He was given a signed title from Mr Jones.
In 2003 I purchased the car from Mr Smith and was given a Bill of Sale from Mr Smith and the signed title from Mr Jones.
In the good old days, that signed title would have been sufficient.

However, in the state of Texas, to get a car titled and registered, you must have a signed Title AND a Bill of Sale. I had both of these documents. However, the name on the Bill of Sale did not match the name on the signed Title, and I could not get a regualr Title. The only way for me to get the car titled was to get something called a Bonded Title. It requires working with a Bonding agent to secure a bond for the car (and paying some significant fees) in order to get a Bonded Title. I never bothered to get a Bonded Title.

I tried to be clear with prospective buyers that I did not have the car titled in my name and they would either need to treat the car as an untitled parts car or get a Bonded Title (or maybe try to find a sympathetic Department of Transportation worker who is willing to be more accomodating). I provided the buyer with the signed Title from Mr Jones, the Bill of Sale from Mr Smith and a Bill of Sale signed by me in case he wants to try to get it titled.

Sometimes just getting a signed title isn't good enough.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Yea I was looking at a car once and the title they were offering didn't match the car. This HAS a title it just wasn't titled directly from the name on the title to the person that was selling it in this thread. To dispose of the chassis, all you need is the title and a form of ID. Also it generally boils down to if it is too good to be true, it usually is. Also good to keep a copy of the ad with you.
The seller was perfectly clear and up front on this transaction
------------------

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-09-2009).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Steve, did you happen to sell this car to someone in Granbury?...

I've seen it (pretty sure it's this one... how many purple GT's can there be?)... pretty sure I've seen it at the Sears off 377 sveral times.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-27-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
yes blake..... check out the date....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

yes blake..... check out the date....

my question asks as to where the purchaser lived... not the date of sale.

As that information is not found in this thread... I still find my question valid.
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
fierocarparts bought it I think....he has sold it to I think. so he is the one to ask( if he did buy it as I am thinking)
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Steve, did you happen to sell this car to someone in Granbury?...

I've seen it (pretty sure it's this one... how many purple GT's can there be?)... pretty sure I've seen it at the Sears off 377 sveral times.

Steve IS fierocarparts

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Holy resurrection, Batman! Yes, Blake I sold it to a couple in Granbury. Does it still have the purple 16" wheels on it?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I have to amdit i not one for purple cars and the only purple car i have ever seen that i liked was the 2002 trans am collectors eddition but that fiero is sexy. Hell i went out on a limb buying my green one but that one even paied off.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
wow... I feel like this thread took a very Twilight Zone turn.

Kevin... yes I KNOW fierocarparts bought the car. As the last known owner in this thread, my question was implied to be answered by him.

Terry... yes I KNOW fierocarparts is Steve. Kevin suggested that I ask my question to fierocarparts, so I went and edited my post to put Steve's name in. Now it is no longer an implied question, but a direct question.

I guess 'thank you' to you two for trying to get me pointed in the right direction.... It's just... I was there all along.

Steve, thank you for answering my now direct question. My hunch was correct... you sold the car to someone in Granbury.

Now to answer your question... since you mentioned two names in your post... Me and Batman... I am not sure as to who you are really asking your question. I observed that "yes", the purple Fiero GT you used to own and bought from AviStetto and sold to a person in Granbury, as of Sunday @ 1314... still has the purple wheels. I am not sure what Batman observed. Unless I am Batman?... or did you imply that I am Batman?

Surely that will answer your question?... I know... I know... Don't ever call you Shirley again.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Blake, I guess the "Batman" statement was a general one. Kinda like "Holy Cow". Yea I understood that they bought it for their daughter that was planning to go to TCU. If I wouldn't have been able to get the title corrected, I bought it strictly for the panels to turn it into a chop top. If they buffed the paint, it would've been outstanding. I haven't been involved with NTFC very long but you know how many different Fieros I have gone through.
Thanks for letting me know where it ended up.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

wow... I feel like this thread took a very Twilight Zone turn.

Kevin... yes I KNOW fierocarparts bought the car. As the last known owner in this thread, my question was implied to be answered by him.

Terry... yes I KNOW fierocarparts is Steve. Kevin suggested that I ask my question to fierocarparts, so I went and edited my post to put Steve's name in. Now it is no longer an implied question, but a direct question.

I guess 'thank you' to you two for trying to get me pointed in the right direction.... It's just... I was there all along.

Steve, thank you for answering my now direct question. My hunch was correct... you sold the car to someone in Granbury.

Now to answer your question... since you mentioned two names in your post... Me and Batman... I am not sure as to who you are really asking your question. I observed that "yes", the purple Fiero GT you used to own and bought from AviStetto and sold to a person in Granbury, as of Sunday @ 1314... still has the purple wheels. I am not sure what Batman observed. Unless I am Batman?... or did you imply that I am Batman?

Surely that will answer your question?... I know... I know... Don't ever call you Shirley again.

I was actually trying to point out to Kevin that you were asking the correct person. I didn't realize that you added Steve to the original post. Funny how typed words can be misunderstood
I understood you perfectly but didn't make myself clear

[This message has been edited by Terry_w (edited 04-28-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock