Started on: 08-09-2009 04:36 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: VelociJuris on 08-26-2009 12:16 AM
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I have for sale an OBD1 pre-programmed/chipped PCM, along with a good amount of the wiring harness and the knock sensor and wire required with this chip.

This was purchased from Ryan at Sinister Performance, and by the previous owner of my car. This has no warranty from Ryan, nor would he support it without being paid to re-chip it(since you and I are not the original buyers). It is an OBD1 computer that has been chipped to run a 1998 Series 2 Supercharged engine.It requires a different knock sensor, so I included that, and the wire that plugs into it. It was set up as a manual swap and was running a Getrag 5 speed transmission. EGR and Boost were still on the car, so I assume it is set to run all that stuff. This computer was working when pulled. The car had some drivablility issues and was overheating when I purchased it. When I went to fix the overheating and drivability (high idle after driving for about 10 minutes), I saw lots of problems with the previous owner's wiring, so I completely re-did the harness and went OBD-2 at the same time. This computer is being sold as-is. I am asking $65.00 plus shipping. The local junkyard wants $55 for the computers, so I figured this means for $10 more then a junkyard, you also get the knock sensor and the Fiero programmed chip. This is sold as-is, since I cannot be responsible for what you do with it.

The original car it was in sometimes ran great, and sometimes began to idle at 4000rpm after running for about 10 minutes. I tracked down some bad wires, kinked coolant returns, fuel line routing problems, along with a whole bunch of loose harness connections. I do not think the computer was causing the idle problem, given the state of the wire harness, and fuel lines, but I want you to be aware. Again, this is sold as-is, with the assumption by me, that it is good. Again, asking $65.00 plus shipping, and as-is. If you have this specific idle issue within 30 days of purchase, I may be willing to work with you on a return, but it would only be within 30 days, completely at my discretion, and only if you have a green bar on Pennocks. (I have been burned in the past on sales, so I am fairly leary of returns) I accept paypal.

What you will receive:
Remanufactured OBD 1 ECM that has been used
Chip programmed by GM Tuners for a Manual 3800 SC2 swap. (used a 1998 engine)
knock sensor
Knock sensor wire harness piece.
This swap only uses one knock sensor. You use this sensor I am giving you and you disconect the other one.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Nobody interested?
VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock