Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  wheels, trannys, fuel tank, and a sunroof.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

wheels, trannys, fuel tank, and a sunroof. by 1988holleyformula
Started on: 07-23-2009 01:50 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: antinull.com on 03-17-2010 10:05 AM
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I have a set of four 15 inch Hoosier racing slicks from a recent purchase of a 1988 Formula. The previous owners had autocrossed this car and after one day with the slicks on, they decided they didn't need that much extra grip. So these tires only have a few runs on them and are essentially new. These tires were over $800 new, but I am looking for about half of that price, so make me an offer.

I also have a set of four Volkswagen 5-spoke rims that fit the Hoosiers, that I am willing to sell for cheap. (SOLD)

The pervious owners also included two extra Getrag 5-speed transmissions. There are some defects with these transmissions, let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the details.

They also gave me a spare gas tank, I don't see myself needing this, but if anyone has a leak or something in theirs, just send me an e-mail.

I also have several engine vent covers for both the left and right sides, let me know what you want.

The last part I have is an extra sunroof, it has some latch problems, but should'nt be a problem to fix. These are getting rarer, so I am in no need to sell this for dirt cheap.

I'm getting rid of these things so I can give my car a new paint job, I'm just an 18 year old kid going to college that needs a little extra cash this summer to fix up my new car. My e-mail is aaronwiederhoeft@gmail.com send any questions here, and I will try to get some pictures up later tonight, if there is a certain angle you want on a piece just shoot me an e-mail.

THANKS

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 08-05-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
any pics of the rims? when u say sell cheap what you lookn for? pm if you dont want to post a price.
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
They are on ebay right now looking for about $35 a rim, don't need them sitting around my garage. I would post pics, but I'm at work right now and don't have the pictures saved on the work computer. haha

heres a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...arQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5 fAccessoriesQQsalenotsupported

if that doesn't work search for 15" volkswagen oem rims, or my ebay username is sawnatwied4309 that should work too.
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in the transmissions. You can P.M. me details or call 612-845-8445 Thanks.....Shawn
Winkie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
second on the tranny. pm me
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I just looked through some of the previous owner's paperwork that he gave me and found out more information about the transmissions. The one with the damaged housing that was broken during shipment actually has no miles after a rebuild. I talked to the previous owner and he explained it in more detail to me. The first transmission that they had in the car was starting to go bad, so they took it to a local guy to have him rebuild it. At that shop they did not have much experience with the Getrag, and 2nd gear went out of the rebuilt transmission about 140 miles after they got it back. I will call this transmission 1. So they took transmission 1 out, and bought another (I'll call this one transmission 2). They had this one shipped to a more reputable mechanic to be professionally rebuilt, when transmission 2 was being shipped back, the shippers must have dropped it and broke part of the housing. They ended up with the shipping insurance money for the newly rebuilt transmission and bought a third getrag, which is currently installed in my fiero. Hopefully this sorts out some of the confusion, and maybe these pictures will help.

Just ask if you want a specific picture taken.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE FOR PICTURES

Let me know if you want any other angles.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Is that an 87-88 fuel tank? Any rust inside? Come with the fill tube, etc? If it is the larger 87-88 tank, I'd be interested in it if you can get me a quote for shipping to 19539
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Yes that tank is from an 88, and the inside is in immaculate condition. (looks better than the outside) Shipping is about $30.00 so I would charge a total of $100.00 for the tank and shipping. Sorry, my dad made me change my original post when he saw it, he won't let me sell these parts as cheap as I want, ("These are old and getting too rare" he says)

Edit: For pictures

Can't get the best pictures of the inside of the gas tank but I tried...

One more edit: The only pieces I have for the gas tank are the ones pictured. Not sure if the piping is what you're looking for??

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 08-05-2009).]

jamerican

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jamericanSend a Private Message to jamericanDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to have to pass then sadly. Can't afford the extra $100 for a tank that I'm going to mod anyway (wanted to pull the baffles out from the bottom and move the fill tube up higher, increasing the usable capacity to around 14 gal)...
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Spring bump, or at hoping for spring-ish weather when I drive my Fiero back up to Duluth. Everything in the pictures is still available, shoot me an offer!

EDIT: Almost forgot, looking to trade for some GT nose conversion parts, (trim, brackets, etc.) all I have is the new bumper.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 03-17-2010).]

Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post
How did you figure 30 for shipping on the gas tank?
bugman72

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bugman72Send a Private Message to bugman72Direct Link to This Post
You wouldn't be interested in selling the wheels without the tires, would you? Don't really have a need for the Hoosiers and wheels only would facilitate the shipping.
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
ill buy the wheels/tires
check your pm
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
PM's sent.
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
and one back at you

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock