Wanted - accelerator (gas) pedal for '88 Formula by br1anstorm
Started on: 07-20-2009 06:21 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: h.d.fire on 07-20-2009 11:30 PM
br1anstorm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for br1anstormSend a Private Message to br1anstormDirect Link to This Post
Help... the plastic part of the accelerator pedal on my '88 Formula has broken. I need a replacement. It's not shown on any dealer website catalogue I have found on the internet, so I can't even find a part number other than the GM reference 14105664 stamped on it. I guess the gas pedal is the same on all Fiero model-years, and for all I know some other GM cars may have the same fitting.

The gas pedal is a surprisingly complicated item. The actual pedal part pivots on the lower end of the 'L' shaped rod, or lever. There's a spring behind the pedal which keeps it at the right angle. The plastic 'pad' on mine has broken at the holes which hold it on to the lever, so it has fallen off! I still have the spring and the clips - all I need is the plastic piece.

Now here's the catch - I live in the UK! But I'm hoping that as this plastic pedal-bit is small and light, it will fit in a Jiffy-bag which won't cost much to post through the mail.

So... I wonder if any kind forum member has a spare or surplus plastic gas-pedal they would be willing to sell/send me? Of course I'll pay for the part and the postage. If so, please PM me.

Thanks

br1anstorm
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
br1anstorm -
Send me your mailing address so I can get a shipping quote for you, there are 4 cars in a salvage yard near me, I'll go get you a pedal tomorrow or Wednesday.
-Mike

------------------
84' Indy Pace Car (car #2000)
86' G.T.
Member: NIFE

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay