N. Tx- 87 GT project for sale by Atakicat
Started on: 07-17-2009 12:47 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: drebinpk on 07-30-2009 04:03 PM
Atakicat

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
*****Car has been sold, Thanks for everyone's interest*****

I'm losing the place to store and work on my car, so It's gotta go.. No engine, but lots of extras..

It's an 87, Originally a notchie 4-cyl That I converted to an 86 GT body. Only things missing are The engine, Rear lighting harness, R front wheel well inner, and a few of the rounded trim pieces. The headlights work, repaired with new bushings not long before I put it up in storage. (Also throwing in an aluminum headlight roller kit). I have a set of the 86 headlights, extra Master cyl and booster, A few extra body trim pieces, The rear section from the notchie, And a set of Ausfiero's Stage 2 scoops and door lowers. Good, clear Title. Asking 700, But she's gotta go, SO make and offer, and I just might take it.
I have more pics, just ask..

[This message has been edited by Atakicat (edited 07-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
do you have the tail-lights and rear bumper?

what part of arlington?

my only concern is trying to get a non-running car onto a trailer.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

There are plenty of guys up there who can help push

Either on the trailer or even push it all the way to your house

Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post

what part of arlington?

I do have the taillights and rear bumper.. The taillights are a bit dirty, but look good, the right one is missing a few of the lower mounting tabs. I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. I'm in east Arlington, not far from Park row and Hwy360. As for getting it on the trailer, I have a come-along, and can get some friends to help.
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

what part of arlington?

I have one of these I use to move them by myself.
http://www.harborfreight.co...taf?Itemnumber=30329
As long as you have something to tie to. If you do it at a time that is good for me I could help. I think I am probably between you and the car so you could swing by and get me. Let me know if you need me.

[This message has been edited by Terry_w (edited 07-17-2009).]

Grumpy0868

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grumpy0868Send a Private Message to Grumpy0868Direct Link to This Post

Pushing is not a problem, three of us pushed the '87 GT i got onto an U-haul trailer, one in the drivers seat and two pushing, went really easy.

[This message has been edited by Grumpy0868 (edited 07-17-2009).]

Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
More pics!

Pic showing a broken tab on Pass. side Taillight

Bumper has a slight twist where someone moved it and set it back down wrong. I don't think it'll be a problem once it's mounted.
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grumpy0868:

Pushing is not a problem, three of us pushed the '87 GT i got onto an U-haul trailer, one in the drivers seat and two pushing, went really easy.

Depends on the car, but with no engine you are probably right. I had one that me and 1 person could easily push it even up a slight incline. I had another one that 4 people could not push it up the same incline.(It was a complete GT). I had to use the come a long to move it (Slow but not that hard) I think the brakes may have been binding slightly.
Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
There were some questions on the scoops, So here's some pics to bump back to page 1

The only things I've done to them when starting to get them mounted...

[This message has been edited by Atakicat (edited 07-19-2009).]

Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
Just got a carfax for the car thanks to member CowsPatoot, If anyone would like to see it, send me a pm with your email info.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
If you want to consider selling the scoops by themselves, let me know.

Thomas, If you need help transporting, just let me know. I'd be happy to help you get it to your house. I was interested in it myself for parts sale (dont really have the room but....) but now I'm concentrating on getting that 88 GT that I found. LMK

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
I'm really only interested in the body panels to convert my notchie to fastback. I think the price is too much for what I want/need plus the trouble getting it to my shop.
Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

If you want to consider selling the scoops by themselves, let me know.

Thomas, If you need help transporting, just let me know. I'd be happy to help you get it to your house. I was interested in it myself for parts sale (dont really have the room but....) but now I'm concentrating on getting that 88 GT that I found. LMK

PM sent...
Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post

Atakicat

48 posts
Member since Jan 2005

I'm really only interested in the body panels to convert my notchie to fastback. I think the price is too much for what I want/need plus the trouble getting it to my shop.

PM sent as well!
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Thomas,
If you have a tow vehicle, you can rent a tow dolly and we can get it up there. If you don't have a tow vehicle, we could use my GP (cost ya gas and a meal at the 50's diner). I don't have a tow dolly. I don't have the room to store one (too many Fieros). Shove it up backwards, works everytime. I'm interested in the scoops but my hands are tied right now waiting to hear back about that 88 GT. Yea you could buy the parts you need to convert cheaper than buying all of this. Just let me know if you need help. The offer is there.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Thomas,
If you have a tow vehicle, you can rent a tow dolly and we can get it up there. If you don't have a tow vehicle, we could use my GP (cost ya gas and a meal at the 50's diner). I don't have a tow dolly. I don't have the room to store one (too many Fieros). Shove it up backwards, works everytime. I'm interested in the scoops but my hands are tied right now waiting to hear back about that 88 GT. Yea you could buy the parts you need to convert cheaper than buying all of this. Just let me know if you need help. The offer is there.

thanks for the offer, I have a tow vechicle (suburban) and I have access to a trailer, and possilbly a winch. My only delimma is whether or
not I want the entire package. If the car was an '88 then there would be no problem but it's not. So how much do I want to pay is the other question I have to ask myself.

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Just let me know when I can come by and pick it up. I look forward to meeting you. You have a PM.

------------------

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Left you feedback. Hope you will do the same for me. Sorry to hear that you are getting out of Fieros for awhile.

------------------

Atakicat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2009 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AtakicatSend a Private Message to AtakicatDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Again, I'm sure I won't be out of the Fiero world for long...Maybe now I'll just spend the time and find a gem!
drebinpk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drebinpkSend a Private Message to drebinpkDirect Link to This Post
do you still have to scoops for sale?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock