V6 motor WANTED... by icemanmike
Started on: 07-01-2009 02:55 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: MadDanceSkillz on 01-05-2010 06:52 PM
icemanmike

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for icemanmikeSend a Private Message to icemanmikeDirect Link to This Post
OK, my '85 GT 2.8 motor gave up the ghost on Father's day and I hoped I would have found one by now. I'm looking for a suitable swap and would like to find a 3400(early 00's) and even the pushrod 3.4 from the mid 90's. I may settle for a 2.8, it would just depend. Let me know whatcha got as I just want to drive my car again(I've only drove it like three times) and may consider a more elaborate swap(3800SC) in the future....<< I could be tempted- do it now and be done, right?....Freight more than likely shall be considered and If within 250 miles I would consider a pick-up on my part and any further, I could meet half way. Help a new, 1st time Fiero owner out!!....Mike

------------------
1969 GTO..474CI..10:90's..All motor, street legal
1971 LeMans Sport Convertible...Just a cruiser
1977 TA..14 point Roll cage..GTO replacement
1997 Grand Prix GT...For sale
1985 Pontiac Fiero GT..Stock...For the moment

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a motor to help with...but will offer what I can. I will be driving from western North Carolina to Michigan on the 30th of the month. If you find one down here, I have plenty of room in the back of my truck to bring it up there. Of course, that would mean another 30 days without the car....but I offer what I can.
icemanmike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for icemanmikeSend a Private Message to icemanmikeDirect Link to This Post
Thank You for the offer...I'll definitely keep ya in mind as you never know....The right motor may be just a stone's throw from you as we speak...Time will tell.....Mike

------------------
1997 Grand Prix GT...For sale

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
if you want to do a 3800 sc swap.... buy a 3800 NA from a junk yard or a whole car to steel the motor out of, and do a top swap.. that way you can do a performance pcm and put a stage 3 blower ported lim and maybe ported heads.... just a suggestion...
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I'd decide if you want to upgrade now, because (to me) I wouldnt want to have to swap an engine more then once. I did a few swaps and each time I am doing it, tell myself.. "never again".

I am in the Pontiac area, prob 3 hours from you, and have a few engines. Wasn't planning on selling them, but it really depends on the amount of money I am offered.

2.8 1987 stock engine. Ran well when pulled (5 years ago). Sitting on stand. NO clue on miles. Assume on the high side. Came out of a vehicle with 217,000 on the odo, but ran well, didn't burn oil, and was driven by me for about a year before swapping a 3.4 in. I assume it was replaced or rebuilt at some time. I kept it because it had good power, and didnt seem like a "crap" engine. Was going to drop it into an 87 GT I had, but ended up parting out that car due to rust. Basically this is a dirty engine sitting on a stand.

3.4 pushrod. True roller rockers, professionally ported heads, roller timing chain, new 88 Fiero camshaft. Block was freshened up by a Fiero guy. Think he did the rings, replaced the camshaft with the new OEM Fiero one, and who knows what else. I bought it about 4 years ago and have prob $1,000+ into it. It was built to go with my Dennis Lagrua Turbo kit. My plans changed and I haven't had the heart to sell it. The block was never run, so it would need to be broken in etc. Been sitting in my (clean) garage covered for prob 4 years. Prepped for Fiero by professional -Starter holes drilled and block notched. It no longer has a warranty because it's been so long, and I never installed it to test, so I would sell it as/is. May sell it for the right offer.

I have a 3.4 pushrod in my 87GT, and I am re-doing a 3800sc in my Formula. For the best bang, I'd do a 3800sc personally. The 3.4, though, is rediculously simple to install, and the one in my 87 has been extremely reliable. All depends on the outcome you are looking for.
icemanmike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for icemanmikeSend a Private Message to icemanmikeDirect Link to This Post
As far as the 3800SC goes, Yep, it would be fun with plenty of excitement yet I have some other cars for that, yet Hmmm... I still like the idea of the 3.4 or 3400...Like what was mentioned, very easy swap and I really just want to drive the car as it will mainly be used to drive to work and back and just drive around. Another reason is the cost of the 3800SC motor and I'm not as ambitious figuring out the wiring, yet fabrication is a specialty of mine, so, I'm also in the midst of building my 9 second 77 Trans Am and would like this Fiero swap to go somewhat smooth and having a second vehicle(read:economical) around would be great...As short as summers are in Michigan I just want to drive the car and would consider the 2.8 as a last resort. I did call on a '95 3.4 motor the other day and was told it had 160K on it and needed intake gaskes(typical) but was a whole drop, acc's and all for $500.....The mileage killed the idea of this particular one...Of the PM's so far I've gotten, I'm still chewing on 'em....

------------------
1997 Grand Prix GT...SOLD....

David DeVoe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
I have a newly rebuilt 2.8 in an 86 SE that I have listed for 500.00. I am basically selling the engine with the car wrapped around it. The engine has ported and welded exhaust manifolds, compu cam and lifter kit, rings, bearings and all Felpro gaskets. Runs fine, sounds strong as hell. Currently a guy is making up his mind about buying it but if he doesn't jump soon it's yours if you want it. But of course you gotta take the car too.
I am located in Grand Blanc just south of Flint.
interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
hey if nothing else pans out for you........i have a direct bolt in 3.1, 91 model 93,000 i was holding for my gt just in case
but now i'm selling it too,so,i'm down south of you a long way,southern ,indiana...but $250 and you have a 3.1 not much
more power but some,and if you use your valve covers and upper intake,nobody would know different,just a drive
fierogtman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtmanSend a Private Message to fierogtmanDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT
interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
3.1 1991 ...still available ,$250.00
PFF
System Bot
fierodude1979

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodude1979Send a Private Message to fierodude1979Direct Link to This Post
bump
icemanmike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for icemanmikeSend a Private Message to icemanmikeDirect Link to This Post
Uh, thanks for the bump, yet I jumped on that deal From Dave and it is a nice motor he did...High FIVE Dave!! Car now(my '85GT)runs good yet, sadly, I have to part with the '86SE which has become a parts car-***moment of silence-**** as I now see why he offered it for what it was...Another claimed by the conditions of the snow belt....Mike

------------------
1971 LeMans Sport Convertible...Just a cruiser, going tripple black
1977 TA..14 point Roll cage..GTO replacement..Expecting 9's in street trim
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE..LOADED parts car..One piece at a time....Yard art..
1965 LeMans rolling body For Sale...Yard art

fierodude1979

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodude1979Send a Private Message to fierodude1979Direct Link to This Post
mike can i still come get some parts? like we talked about? if so pm how to get to your house
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Mike,
you have PM.

------------------

dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scDirect Link to This Post
Edit. I'll read te whole thing before I post lol next time

[This message has been edited by dhobbs84sc (edited 01-03-2010).]

dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scDirect Link to This Post

dhobbs84sc

407 posts
Member since Jun 2009
Edit

[This message has been edited by dhobbs84sc (edited 01-03-2010).]

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...050076.html#lastpost

If you're still looking for one.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock