Started on: 06-20-2009 01:26 AM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Danyel on 04-08-2010 11:28 AM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

On Ebay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=150353222391

These are designed for any GM iron block 60 degree v6.

Let me know if you have any questions. These are very trick, rare heads.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
These are very rare heads, with rare titanium intake valves. Check out this flow chart of falconer heads vs. stock heads. Specifically the exhaust side is much better at all lift points, and a person running forced induction would greatly benefit from these.

Also, these flow numbers were taken before the valve job was done:

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:
These are designed for any GM iron block 60 degree v6.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Oslo, I'm intrigued by this sale partly because when I've purchased from you in the past, you've provided me quality parts, as advertised, and I've received them promptly.

I opened the eBay link you posted and it provides a good number of pics. However, I'm interested in something I didn't see mentioned in that link.

What would be the compression ratio of a pushrod 3.4L 60o V6 Camaro engine equipped with those Falconer heads? (IIRC, a stock 3.4L is 9.0:1.)

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
That is an interesting question. I guess I don't know exactly as I'd have to do some research and get back to you.

These heads are simply stock 2.8L Fiero heads which were machined by the Falconer Racing Engines company for better performance. There should be no increase in c/r on the 2.8, and my understanding was that the 3.4 had a similar c/r.

As far as I know the only increase in c/r on either engine would be a very minimal increase due to the deck of the head being shaved for resurfacing. The slightly increased c/r should not hurt economy or driveability, but minimally increase horsepower.

edit: I should point out that these heads are assembled and ready to run.

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 06-21-2009).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

That is an interesting question. I guess I don't know exactly as I'd have to do some research and get back to you.

These heads are simply stock 2.8L Fiero heads which were machined by the Falconer Racing Engines company for better performance. There should be no increase in c/r on the 2.8, and my understanding was that the 3.4 had a similar c/r.

As far as I know the only increase in c/r on either engine would be a very minimal increase due to the deck of the head being shaved for resurfacing. The slightly increased c/r should not hurt economy or driveability, but minimally increase horsepower.

edit: I should point out that these heads are assembled and ready to run.

IIRC, 2.8L Fieros had 8.9:1 compression, and the `93-'95 3.4L Camaro/Firebird engines had 9:1 compression. As you probably know, how much Falconer shaved the heads would affect what a 3.4's compression is increased to with these heads.

Basically, I'm trying to learn everything I can about these heads, and in particular, whether or not these "Falconer Racing Cylinder Heads" are quite streetable on a year-round, cold-climate, daily driver 3.4L --- as is, without employing either racing fuel or any further modifications.

For example, in another car, I've some old racing heads on an SBC, but as is, they could be quite the challenge in a year-round, cold-climate, daily driver, because they don't have a provision for heat crossover passages.

Unfortunately, I've not been having much success in my computer searches re Falconer heads. Somewhat ironically, one "answer" a Google search came up with for me was simply a then-unanswered question about Falconer heads that was asked by yours truly on Pennock's in early 2008: "Can anyone elaborate on what these 'Falconer heads' are...?"
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Well I can "tell you what they are" - simply put, custom machined heads employed by this company: http://www.falconerengines.com/main.php
They used them on racing motors in the early '90s.

I had these heads installed on my 3.4L PR motor in my '85 Fiero GT for almost a year, along with the H272 camshaft and the motor was EASILY streetable. It drove like a stock motor, just way more power. I removed them, had them rebuilt and tested, now they are for sale.

The only reason I'm selling them is because I'm getting into a new project.

I would be surprised if the c/r is raised more than a couple points. These were not decked specifically to increase c/r, but to make for a clean mounting surface and that is all.
Joe 1320

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Is it normal for stock intake to outflow ported intake runners? above .400 lift it looks like the stockers are better?

[This message has been edited by Joe 1320 (edited 06-22-2009).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that as well, but porting heads it will be very common to lose ground in some places, and make it up plus more in others.

An example is different intake manifolds on your car will increase low end torque, but decrease horsepower. It's a trade off I guess. On the exhaust side, the Falconer heads outflow the stock heads by a lot, but on the intake side, over .4, the stock heads beat out the ported heads just barely.

I would say that the trade off is well worth it.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
If these don't sell on ebay, I'll accept offers.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe 1320:

Is it normal for stock intake to outflow ported intake runners? above .400 lift it looks like the stockers are better?

That "shark fin" in the stock ports is actually good for something.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joe 1320:

Originally posted by Cooter:
That "shark fin" in the stock ports is actually good for something.

I agree with this comment about the "shark fin." However, is the implication of Cooter's comment about it above that the Falconer heads here are missing the shark fin, and that as might be inferred from the flow numbers below, the missing shark fin could be causing the stock heads to outflow the Falconers above 0.400" lift on the intake?

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
you also must think about where the valve spend MOST of its time.
70% is BELOW 0.4" on most cams
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2009 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
These heads really shine in performance on the exhaust side. Like I said, you always give up something to get something in return. Maybe these could have been done differently to get more intake flow, but the exhaust flow gains are incredible.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
to the top, these puppies end tonight!
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
Since the auction ended, I have a question. I have a 3.4 in a 94 Camaro, RKSport headers and borla exhaust. These heads would be a great upgrade, especially if/when I add the turbo. In any case, the intake manifold on these are TERRIBLE. What would be a substitute that will fit in the f-body chassis to take advantage of these heads?

------------------
Competition Yellow 84 2.5 Bone stock right down to electrical gremlins and an 87 328 replica.

jgrotzin

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgrotzinSend a Private Message to jgrotzinDirect Link to This Post
You might try trueleo.com http://www.trueleo.com/index-old.htm I have heard pretty good things and have dyno results to show improvement. The owner is also a fiero guy on here and very helpful.
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jgrotzin:

You might try trueleo.com http://www.trueleo.com/index-old.htm I have heard pretty good things and have dyno results to show improvement. The owner is also a fiero guy on here and very helpful.

Ouch. $600 for an intake to show marginal gains doesn't seem very cost effective? The FWD version heads and intake flow as well for chump change by comparison. There's gotta be another way......
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Right now there are really only 2 viable options, the Trueleo intake, and the intake from West Coast Fiero (Starts at $700! )

I predict that even with a stock or ported stock manifold, these heads would still allow you to see some gains. I'm going to be putting these heads up for sale again on July 12th on ebay.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2009 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Performance enhancing cylinder heads!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
new auction ends tomorrow
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
6.5 hours from now and hopefully they will have a new home!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
ttt - ends in under an hour.
vEnOm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vEnOmSend a Private Message to vEnOmDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever sell these?
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
These are sold. I contacted him about them a month or so ago.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Had to find a " Mall Thread" to leave ya sales feedback for the wingstands !!! couldnt find anything concerning them .....

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock