Selling 3 cars: Projects to drivers. :( by h.d.fire
Started on: 04-12-2009 02:08 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: BrewCheese on 05-03-2009 06:18 PM
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
UPDATED INFORAMTION!!! Please re-check this thread..............

Hi folks,
Hate to do this but family situations take priority. I'm putting 2 of my 4 Fiero's up for sale.

Selling my sons 84SE "Indy Clone" project. Was to be an Indy Pace Car look-a-like but with a 3800SC. Car has 85GT front and rear fascias, is all original, has 2.5 / AT, has VERY nice interior. Needs driveline and normal maintenance work. Asking $500. *** SOLD***
Also my 88' Formula. This was going to be my V8 "hot rod" project. Prior to Fiero's I was heavy into street rods and I was going to build this car like I did many rods. I actually bought the car from the original owner, it had sat a few years in a barn (damn pigeons!). I then sold it to buy my Indy Pace car. Bought it back from the guy who had striped it to do a 308 conversion. It has a 95% rust free space frame, I have all the body panels (went with a GT rear clip) except the rear deck lid, custom Vette style hood, probably 80% of the interior. Nice set of GT wheels with near new tires. Selling as a rolling space frame, or with body panels. $300 for the frame, $500 for all the Formula parts I have.
I can deliver any (or all, L.O.L.!) of these cars up to about 100 miles from my place (Joliet, IL), distance is limited to what I can do in a day, with working two jobs time is the critical issue, just cover the fuel cost and some food!

Thanks for reading
-Mike

P.S. !!!!
Also now have photo's added to the Formula link, selling these parts:

3r Racing bucket seats, red in color, great condition w/ tracks. $150 ***SOLD***
Gray passenger seat w/ speakers (85 GT?) very good condition. $40
Black front console, good condition. $25
Brown dash from a 86 SE with 57, 976 miles, VERY good condition, includes the gauge cluster. $100
Brown column (from above car). $50
NEW CV shaft for an automatic. $40
Parts from the 88' Formula:
120 mph gauge cluster. $75
AM/FM/Cass. radio, works. $20 ***SOLD***
Tan rear console, fair to good condition. $15
Vette style hood, very nice condition, needs final prep work before paint. $200

Please write for more info, check this link for pic's. http://s193.photobucket.com...mmaver/88%20Formula/

------------------
84' Indy Pace Car (car #2000)
86' G.T.
87' Coupe (daily driver)
88' Formula (V8 project)
Member: NIFE

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 05-03-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
87' Coupe has been sold.
84' & 88' are still available, pic's coming soon (if it stops raining!)
Copper85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
It's Illinois, April and AlGore says global warming-we're sunk. I saw Noah post on Craigslist that he was looking for any free lumber. Rain and cold for a while.

Sorry to hear you're thinning out the herd. Wish I could get my daughter to go for a Fiero but something from the 80's is not cooolllll enough for some. I'll put the word out around me and hope I can help.

Take care and I hope all is well. If I had a few bills I'd take the one just for the 3800SC.

[This message has been edited by Copper85GT (edited 04-13-2009).]

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom!
Thanks for the kind words and the bump.
I wish I didn't have to let them go, but working two jobs and looking after elderly parents is leaving me with no spare time for project cars (I'll barely have time to enjoy the one's I have that run! L.O.L.).
I'm counting my blessings that I have a good job and a side business to "keep up" with the bills, these are tough times.
Hope all is well with you, see you this summer.
-Mike
cpgolfer

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cpgolferSend a Private Message to cpgolferDirect Link to This Post
Hi Mike, I'd like to look at your '88 Formula. Any chance of seeing it next weekend (4-25/4-26)? Let me know by PM. Thanks.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
cpgolfer.....
PM replied
Thanks for writing
jmarek78

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmarek78Send a Private Message to jmarek78Direct Link to This Post
Hey Mike - If you end up selling the 88 feel free to give the buyer my contact info, I still have a few odds and ends from that car scattered about the garage.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
will do.....
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post
I'd like pics of the '84. Thanks

------------------
2004 Mazda3i
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
1994 SAAB 900 S

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Hi and thanks for writing
I've sent all 22 pictures to you via your email.
Thanks!
-Mike
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post

h.d.fire

989 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Here's a link to pictures of the 84' on photobucket
http://s193.photobucket.com...z121/mmaver/84%20SE/

and the 88' Formula space frame ($300, includes clear Illinois title)
http://s193.photobucket.com...mmaver/88%20Formula/

Also available for the Formula are body panels and interior, write for more information.

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 04-19-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post

h.d.fire

989 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Edit for description error!
After my son and I got his 84 out for some good pictures, I realized there is hardly any rust in this car! If you look closely at the pictures, the right rear trunk corner is near perfect and the left rear has slight rust at the rail seam, but no holes. There's a little rust
near the battery box area but the box is still solid.
Just passing this along for anyone interested.
Thaks for looking!
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
bump for updated info and pictures...........
artez07

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artez07Send a Private Message to artez07Direct Link to This Post
How much for the GT rear clip w/ quarter panel??
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by artez07:

How much for the GT rear clip w/ quarter panel??

Hi and thanks for writing,
How does $50 sound?
deadwood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post
Mike, Thanks for the easy transaction. You're a class act.

------------------
2004 Mazda3i
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
1994 SAAB 900 S

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Michael, good luck with the car, post some pic's as it comes along!
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike do you still have anything left?

Jason
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Darn...wish you weren't so far away, or I'd take that '88 roller off of your hands. The '86 I'm working on is going to take a lot of chemo to get rid of its cancer.
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrewCheese:

Hey Mike do you still have anything left?

Jason

Hi Jason,
Still have quite a few items,
The Tan dash and rear console,
Black Formula gauge pod (120 speedo),
NEW CV shaft for an automatic,
Gray visors,
Tan map pockets,
Tan and Gray interior door panels,
84'-87' Craddle,
Vette style hood,
probably more!

Check the pic's in the link from my other thread.....
Parting 88' Formula, LOTS more!

[This message has been edited by h.d.fire (edited 05-03-2009).]

h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post

h.d.fire

989 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Darn...wish you weren't so far away, or I'd take that '88 roller off of your hands. The '86 I'm working on is going to take a lot of chemo to get rid of its cancer.

Jefrysuko is supposed to come tomorrow (Monday) and get all the suspension components, front and rear cradles and anything else we can remove.
And then........she's off to the salvage yard
I really hate to do it, this frame is so nice. In the not-to-distant future there will be some guys from the midwest who will wish they had a 88' space frame this clean for their
restoration!

PFF
System Bot
h.d.fire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Jason-
Almost forgot, I just found the set of sail panels I had bought for that GT rear clip. I got these from kahines on eBay. They're a nice set of repro's. Here's a link to the current auction :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I think I caught them on a special he had and gave $85 if I remember correctly, I'll sell them for $75 if you'r interested.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by h.d.fire:

I really hate to do it, this frame is so nice. In the not-to-distant future there will be some guys from the midwest who will wish they had a 88' space frame this clean for their
restoration!

Exactly...I'd kill to have a rust-free space frame sitting in my garage, instead of the swiss cheese '86 I have to work with. Plus, I'd rather have an '88 anyhow. Oh well...
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
Hey Mike,
Dont really need a set of sail windows. I hope someone comes and gets that 88' chassis, that would be a real shame to go to the crusher!

Jason

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock