Started on: 04-11-2009 12:23 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: carbonfiber_kid on 06-06-2009 02:06 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have a few electronic (digital) cruise control modules for sale...

All were pulled from 1997-up 3800 Series 2 (n/a and SC) W-body cars; so they have the long cables. If you need one with the shorter, C/H body 3800 cable, let me know and I will see what I can come up with. I will sell each unit with an electrical connector, short length of wire to aid in hook-up, and wiring instructions for a Fiero install. The included (long) cable is for connection to a 3800 engine, but may fit others and can be made to fit others. Each unit will be tested before shipping to ensure it works.

Price will be $35.00 ea + shipping (you pay). Buy 2 or more and I will discount the total price by 10% and combine shipping costs.

I accept PayPal, Money Orders, and Checks. Will only ship AFTER funds have cleared my bank.

-ryan

------------------
5+ years on this same swap -- NO engine or transmission failures...

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
I am very interested in this. how hard is this to hook up if your car came with cruise stock?
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

I am very interested in this. how hard is this to hook up if your car came with cruise stock?

I have wiring instructions available for free download on my website here: http://www.gmtuners.com/files/index.htm

They explain how to hook up this electronic cruise module to the existing Fiero cruise control wiring. If someone wished to install one of these modules into a Fiero that did not have cruise stock, then all that would be involved is running some wires from the cruise module to the steering column and hooking up the brake switch and cruise switch. I will supply instructions for doing this if needed with the purchase of a cruise module.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 04-11-2009).]

cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
Will I be able to adapt it to work with my Holley 950 commanded L47? The system is using the stock 88 speed sensor to run the speedo.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2009 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
As long as you have a 4000 ppm signal, you can use whatever engine you'd like.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

As long as you have a 4000 ppm signal, you can use whatever engine you'd like.

Sounds good, is that what the stock speed sensor puts out?
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Ryan,

Will this run with the 127730 computer setup? I would be very interested in using this with my new 7730 setup. Could you send one back with my reprogrammed chip when you are done? Just a thought.

Very cool.

Thank you.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Ryan,

Will this run with the 127730 computer setup? I would be very interested in using this with my new 7730 setup. Could you send one back with my reprogrammed chip when you are done? Just a thought.

Very cool.

Thank you.

Paul, yes this will work perfectly with the 7730 ECM. No problem sending one back with your chip. Once your chip shows up here, I will get you a total shipping cost (have to measure/weigh the package). But you will need to modify the cable bracket on your engine so it will work with the cable that is on this cruise module.

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

Will I be able to adapt it to work with my Holley 950 commanded L47? The system is using the stock 88 speed sensor to run the speedo.

There has been some discussion about this and I have found that people have not been able to get these electronic cruise modules to run directly off of the stock Fiero speed sensor. However, since you have an 88 car, your speedometer's circuit board might have the 4000 pulse per mile (ppm) output signal terminal these electronic cruise modules need. Read more about it in this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/090358.html

Worse case scenario you could get either a Dakota Digital Universal Speedo Interface or a GM 4-out buffer box (see details in the linked thread) in order to make the digital cruise module work in a stock Fiero application. Don't forget that you will need to modify the cable bracket on your stock Fiero 2.5 or 2.8 engine so it will work with the cable that comes with this cruise module.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Darth,

I will look and see what I need.

Charlie

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
I have never been lead wrong by Ryan. I may order one of these shortly to go with that 7730 ECM upgrade...
Either way you're getting another +

-Brian
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
How many do you have left? I think I need two of them.
PFF
System Bot
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, will this work on my LS1 set up? Car has OE cruise.
I never got around to getting the right parts you suggested to me several months ago!
Please PM me, thanks

------------------

My Web Site www.xnet.com/~paulv
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

How many do you have left? I think I need two of them.

So far, besides yourself, I have 3 of these units spoken for (all of you who have emailed or PM'ed, you will be hearing from me shortly after I get shipping costs figured). This means I have 7 units left. If you want 2, that shouldn't be a problem.

For those of you getting ready to send money, please allow a couple of days for me to finish testing these units before I ship them out so I can make sure I am sending you a working (not DOA) unit.

-ryan

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Paulv:

Ryan, will this work on my LS1 set up? Car has OE cruise.
I never got around to getting the right parts you suggested to me several months ago!
Please PM me, thanks

PM sent.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I sent a PM a while back. How's the testing going?
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one, PM sent.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry it took me a few days to respond to the PM's. I had to get all of the units tested; all units checked out good. Everyone who has PM'ed me has been responded to. As of today (4-14-09) all units have been spoken for (pending payments), but I should be making another trip to the junkyard soon so I will see if I can get some more. As soon as I have some more available and have tested them, I will make another post to this thread letting everyone know.

Thanks to all interested parties. As soon as I have your payment, I will ship your unit(s) out via USPS Priority 2-3 day mail.

-ryan

winger1955

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Direct Link to This Post
nice ..just got mine. can't thank you enough.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

So far, besides yourself, I have 3 of these units spoken for (all of you who have emailed or PM'ed, you will be hearing from me shortly after I get shipping costs figured). This means I have 7 units left. If you want 2, that shouldn't be a problem.
-ryan

Got my two cruise controls...Excellent Feedback left! Super satisfied customer.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
Got mine too! Thanks!
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Finally got around to installing my cruise, and I have a couple things I can't figure out. I have 3 wires (F, G, K) that I need to figure out where to connect them to. My main issue, however, is that I can't figure out how to mount the cable that connects to the throttle body. How did you clip it to hold it in place? There is about 2-3" of difference between the clip location and where the clip is on the new cable.
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wikid_one:

Finally got around to installing my cruise, and I have a couple things I can't figure out. I have 3 wires (F, G, K) that I need to figure out where to connect them to. My main issue, however, is that I can't figure out how to mount the cable that connects to the throttle body. How did you clip it to hold it in place? There is about 2-3" of difference between the clip location and where the clip is on the new cable.

I cut the original CC slotted piece off and used a zip-tie to connect the cable to it...
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

What engine are you trying to use this on?

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Stock 2.8. Manual tranny if that matters
dizmon_85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dizmon_85GTSend a Private Message to dizmon_85GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Darth. Do you have any more of these? I think the one in mine has died.
Pete Disbennett
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Stock 2.8. Manual tranny if that matters

Ok, you will need to make a new bracket using parts from a stock 3800 cable bracket (some other V6 and 4cyl brackets will work also) if you want to do this and make it look nice. The 3800 cable bracket isn't made of thick metal, so you should be able to bend/form it for your needs and drill a new hole for mounting to your stock 2.8 intake. Or you could just zip-tie it to your existing Fiero cable bracket but I cannot recommend this for safety reasons.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5921 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by dizmon_85GT:

Hey Darth. Do you have any more of these? I think the one in mine has died.
Pete Disbennett

Pete, yes I have another module but it has no cable. However the cables are easily swapped out. Shoot me an email at sp1@gmtuners.com and we'll discuss this further.

-ryan
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Alright, cool. I was planning on making one. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something simple or not.
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent...any left?
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

PM sent...any left?

I don't have any at the moment, but I am trying to get some more. Don't know if price will be the same or not but I will update this thread when I find out.

-ryan
carbonfiber_kid

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonfiber_kidSend a Private Message to carbonfiber_kidDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. I want one also
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock