1986 Fiero GT, 4 speed, T-Tops, sale Dayton, OH by 06GTO
Started on: 04-10-2009 12:02 PM
Replies: 39
Last post by: MadDanceSkillz on 05-23-2009 11:46 PM
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
So I’ve decide to sell my project car. It’s been a great car and I’ve had a lot of fun working on it, but it’s time to thin the heard (paying insurance on 6 cars is getting old!). Please see below for info:

Reason for selling: As stated above, it’s time to thin the heard. Also, I’m heading to Iraq here in few months, and since I’m the only one in the family that can drive a stick, it’s going to sit in the garage for 18-20 months while I’m gone, and it’ll be winter when I get back (she does not get driven in winter)
History: Have had the car for about a year and a half, always wanted one, fell into this one. CARFAX states it was a California car, and then moved to New Mexico, which is where I picked it up. Hardly any rust, though there is some NM dirt still in it. Moved it to Ohio about a year ago, but don’t let that scare you, never driven in snow/ice in Ohio, moved between garage and driveway a few times over the winter. I’m all about sharing the info I know, especially with the age of the car. At some point it was in an accident, CARFAX was clean when I checked, but there were some junkyard parts on it, not sure all what was damaged. It was re-painted standard red color.

Car:
• 1986 Pontiac Fiero, red, grey interior, 4 speed, A/C (does not work), PW
• T-tops, black headliner
• ~114XXX miles
• 88 Black wheels w/new tires (less than 1K miles, more like 2-3 hundred), 205’s on front, 225’s on back – had some curb rash when I picked them up, cleaned up most of the rash, balanced perfect, look good (IMO) for 20 year old wheels
• Repainted at some point, bottom ground efx were painted red to match car
• New side windows (last 2 weeks)
• Parking brake works
• Temp gage mod done (though not sure how accurate it is), Idles around 900, nice and steady the majority of the time
• Headlights work! Rebuilt passenger motor and replaced relay
• Alpine head unit
• Rear deck lid stay open by itself

Work:
• Removed and re-welded exhaust manifolds, bolts replaced with studs
• Replaced water pump
• Rebuilt suspension; new shocks/struts (sens-a-trac); poly bushings; new ball joints & Tie rods (except rear inner tie rods), alignment
• New brakes/pads, 2 new calipers (I can’t remember, might be more)
• New poly cradle bushings
• Replaced seats, no rips/tears
• Basic tune up, plugs, cap, wires, filters, ect

Issues
• Original carpet, has some ware in it, center console warped (have a light grey replacement if you want it)
Tail lights have standard GT delam issues, though not as bad as I've seen on other cars
• Steering wheel has normal issues, but looks better than others. I have another one that will go with the car
• Shift knob is worn
• Dash has cracks, corners where the vents are, are cracked
• A/C no work
• T-tops leak (standard places, not bad though), passenger side seal torn and repaired (up by top of car), P-seals not there

Thoughts:
Great car, never had a starting issue, started it a few times over winter and let it run, didn’t even hesitate (my GTO didn’t even start, and it sat in the garage the entire time). Runs great, drives good, Don’t need to sell it, not sure I really want to, but we’ll see. This is the first and only Fiero I’ve ever had/driven. Tried to explain it as much as possible, but I’m not an “expert” on Fiero’s so let me know what/if you have any questions. Have a lot of receipts, they’ll all go with the car. This is a 22 year old car, not perfect, please keep in mind what to expect from a 22 year old car (although this looks and runs better that I would expect from a 22 year old car…).

This thing is A LOT of fun to roll around with, especially with the tops off.

Asking $3000 OBO

[This message has been edited by 06GTO (edited 04-11-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kyle1016

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
Absolutely gorgeous ! My favorite fiero and color scheme, and with t-tops! Man, that is a great price. I will pass this on to my buddy.
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusDirect Link to This Post
WOW :O Totally amasing! And great price too! :O

Good luck with the sale!
Fred
mrbeef

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrbeefSend a Private Message to mrbeefDirect Link to This Post
YOU have a PM
Riothamus64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riothamus64Send a Private Message to Riothamus64Direct Link to This Post
PM sent!!
Wudman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WudmanSend a Private Message to WudmanDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the 88 GT wheels....alas I'd take the whole car, but I have a red gt already...

------------------
FieroDriver--Multimedia by J "Wudman" Wood--Explore Southern Illinois

06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the posts and replys everyone! Wow I didn't realize the shear amount of PM's, emails and responses I'd get!

It's a great car, I love pontiacs, great car to drive, just have too many vehicles and hobbies right now, not to mention, too nice just to sit in the garage for the next year and a half!

More stuff replaced:

- Front bearings, replaced
- Rear hub

Another issue I thought of
- Trunk lock is broken, have parts, but Previous owner took a screwdriver to it. Power trunk release works
- No recall weatherstrip, though one is in the mail so should be here in a few days.

Here's a copule more pictures. Sorry it's a little dirty, sitting the garage right now, kinda cloudy out and she dosen't go outside in the rain.

06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post

06GTO

220 posts
Member since Feb 2008
I'll try to get some clean outside pictures, but to answer a few more questions, Here is the trunk... California/New Mexico Car

To answer numerous other questions on if it would make this drive, or that drive... "I" wouldn't have any issue driving it just about anywhere (Alaska might be a little far), however, I've done alot of reading on Fieros, worked on this one quite a bit, know quite about about mechanics in general, and would take numerous tools with me driving any 23 year old car any long distance, just to be sure... So I'd hate to recommend if you can make that 400, 500, 600 mile journey, it depends on how much you know about these cars, cars in general, and how mechanically inclined you are Just being honest about this!

Passenger side

Drivers side

Keep those questions comming!

Mike

06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post

Washed it and updated some pics.

Mike

06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Bump!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2009 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
PFF
System Bot
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
She is still here!
Riothamus64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riothamus64Send a Private Message to Riothamus64Direct Link to This Post
PM sent

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Wow very nice simpley amazing beautiful car bro and a hell of a price good luck with the sale.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Such a beautiful car. Hope somebody picks this up.
DR650SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DR650SEClick Here to visit DR650SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to DR650SEDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I wanted to know if the car is still for sale. i am very interested in it and only live out in cleveland. Let me know. Thanks again!

------------------
AIM: DR650SE
86 SE V6 4SPD
Pics from Iraq
http://community.webshots.com/user/dr650se

mrbeef

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrbeefSend a Private Message to mrbeefDirect Link to This Post
u have a pm
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DR650SE:

Hey, I wanted to know if the car is still for sale. i am very interested in it and only live out in cleveland. Let me know. Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Yeap, car is still for sale!
mrbeef

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrbeefSend a Private Message to mrbeefDirect Link to This Post
u have a nother PM
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
still for sale?
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Madess:

still for sale?

Yeap she's still here.

PFF
System Bot
Riothamus64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riothamus64Send a Private Message to Riothamus64Direct Link to This Post
I'm just hoping (selfishly) she's still here in a few weeks

But if it's not meant to be, i hope you get every penny for her!

Mike
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Just a bump, lots of interest so far!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! Wish i had the money and i could drive a stick though.
bry2an

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bry2anSend a Private Message to bry2anDirect Link to This Post
why do you have to be so far away. too bad you weren't in main i'd drive up and grab that like yesterday.

Very nice car this is what i'm looking for
mrbeef

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrbeefSend a Private Message to mrbeefDirect Link to This Post
sent u another PM
artez07

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artez07Send a Private Message to artez07Direct Link to This Post
Im very interested. This fiero is amazing looking. The price is $3000 and you are in dayton, ohio right?? I've got to talk to my girl, but if i can i would love to buy this fiero.
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by artez07:

Im very interested. This fiero is amazing looking. The price is $3000 and you are in dayton, ohio right?? I've got to talk to my girl, but if i can i would love to buy this fiero.

Correct, it's located in Dayton Ohio.
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Bumpy
mrbeef

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrbeefSend a Private Message to mrbeefDirect Link to This Post
u have a PM
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
She's still here!
PFF
System Bot
MetroMatt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
Consider a partial trade? I love that car.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/064717.html
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Hi Everyone,

Been out of town the past few weeks, since i'm back just thought i'd bump this back to the top for all those guys who said they'd like to see it in a few weeks!

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Sent you a pm.
SkinsFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkinsFanSend a Private Message to SkinsFanDirect Link to This Post
beautiful car!

take 2k cash and a 97 saturn sl2 beater?

didnt think so

bump for a beautiful car while i try and find another grand.
What are kidneys worth these days?
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2009 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Bumpy
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTODirect Link to This Post
Just another bump!

thefredman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm not too far.........what r u asking now?
Fleabitdog

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FleabitdogSend a Private Message to FleabitdogDirect Link to This Post
Any idea of cost to ship to Pa. If it is not bad I will buy it. Flea
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Hey 06GTO, the money situation is working out better than I expected. Might have my coupe sold tomorrow and come and get it Monday. The key word is might, but it's possible. I hope I see you soon. I find myself thinking about the car instead of my girlfriend when I let my mind wander. lol

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock