Shelby S1 Engines for Sale!!!! by BMTFIERO
Started on: 03-22-2009 03:17 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: BMTFIERO on 07-16-2009 04:43 AM
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
If any of you are interested in purchasing the Shelby S1 Aurora V8 I have been talking to a man named Dale from Las Vegas. He has several Shelby S1 engines still in the crates and he is letting go for $1,500.00 a piece. That is just the engine no harness, no headers, just the engine. He will only accept payment in the form of a Cashier’s Check or Cash. If you are going pay for your purchase using a Cashier’s check, than you will have to wait for the check to clear the bank. You will be responsible for all shipping arrangements and charges (he does have a forklift).

Cptsnoopy and I have already purchased engines from him. Since my engines have not been delivered yet I am posting photos of cptsnoopy's engine (thanks again) and I will post mine later.

If you want to give him a call:

DALE DLUGOS
Winners Circle Kustom Autobody Inc
6879 Speedway Boulevard Suite 101
Las Vegas, NV 89115
(702)643-9981

P.S. I am in no way getting anything out of this (no special favors, no kickbacks, nothing) I just trying to help someone who has been hit severely by this economy by spreading the word. When you call Dale tell him that BMTFIERO sent you. I just want to show him that I was true to my word.

Edited: grammar errors

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 03-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
It is difficult to get good info on this engine but here is a tid-bit I found online.
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
BUMP
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
I found enough literature on this engine to determine that the redline is still 6500 like the stock engine. Installing these valve springs should allow at least 7500rpm. Will may have some input on this...
I also found that the 290torque figure is at 5000rpm and the 320hp is at 6500rpm. These figures are for the naturally aspirated engine. I read some info indicating that the blown engine produced between 450 and 500hp.
Vogelsong

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VogelsongSend a Private Message to VogelsongDirect Link to This Post
I remeber hearing a couple years ago that the Series 1 had overheating issues. Anybody know if there is any truth to this?

------------------
Voge

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vogelsong:

I remember hearing a couple years ago that the Series 1 had overheating issues. Anybody know if there is any truth to this?

One of the articles I read mentioned some testing in my home town of Phoenix, AZ during the summer. The temps were at 120 degrees. The problem they were having with the prototype at that time was the clutch. They said the engine ran at normal temps for the driving they were able to accomplish. If I ever get mine running on the street I will find out as it will need to run cool during the summer temps with the a/c running or it will not be acceptable.
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

. . . If I ever get mine running on the street I will find out as it will need to run cool during the summer temps with the a/c running or it will not be acceptable.

Ahh phoenix isnt that hot because it a dry heat Now here in southeast Texas we have hot muggy summers plus just about every bitting insect known to man.

Well CptSnoopy if the S1 can handle the summer heat of both AZ and TX than it should be good to go anywhere else.

------------------
White 88 GT 5 spd
(Soon to be a Shelby S1 powered 6 spd)
Red 88 GT Auto
(Soon to be Shelby S1 powered)

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 03-25-2009).]

BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Bump
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Keeping it on top bump!
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
A "keeping it on the hearts and minds of the people" Bump!!!!

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 04-06-2009).]

SinCityfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SinCityfieroSend a Private Message to SinCityfieroDirect Link to This Post
wow i had seen these engines on ebay ,i wonder if this engine is any lighter then the 4.6, if i would of known about this sooner i would of bought it in a heart beat. i even live in vegas. well if in a couple of months he still has any i would buy one
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SinCityfiero:

wow i had seen these engines on ebay ,i wonder if this engine is any lighter then the 4.6, if i would of known about this sooner i would of bought it in a heart beat. i even live in vegas. well if in a couple of months he still has any i would buy one

It probably weighs the same as a 4.6 N* if not a bit more due the cylinders most likely being thicker since they are smaller bore. The more area for sealing between the cylinder and head is the reason the Aurora is a better choice for turbocharging

SinCityfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SinCityfieroSend a Private Message to SinCityfieroDirect Link to This Post
you are right about that ,that is one of the reasons why they debored 4.6 to 4.4 ,i wonder what the compression ratio is for the 4.0
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SinCityfiero:

you are right about that ,that is one of the reasons why they debored 4.6 to 4.4 ,i wonder what the compression ratio is for the 4.0

According to link below the Compression Ratio for the S1: 10.3:1

Here some info I found on the engine:
http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/series1.html
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Spoke with Dale this morning he has 5 left and 2 pending payment. Do not wait too long!
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Bump
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Do we have any idea if these engines have stock crank/rods, or are they forged? ...are the Supercharged variants even forged for that matter? I plan on turbocharging, so I'm just curious. Plus, the 10.3:1 C/R bothers me a bit. Sounds a bit high for me, I would like to be able to run ~7-10psi daily, and 15psi on a limited basis.
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Do we have any idea if these engines have stock crank/rods, or are they forged? ...are the Supercharged variants even forged for that matter? I plan on turbocharging, so I'm just curious. Plus, the 10.3:1 C/R bothers me a bit. Sounds a bit high for me, I would like to be able to run ~7-10psi daily, and 15psi on a limited basis.

thats a good question. ^

i probably would have gone this route in a swap. unfortunately, i do not think it will comply with california regulations. If only I did not deploy and I was still living n texas lol...
BUMP!
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
Bump

[This message has been edited by BMTFIERO (edited 05-01-2009).]

BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
bUmP
BMTFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIERODirect Link to This Post
BUMP
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock