Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: OEM Performance Sound System - Complete - Upgraded Subwoofer - Instructions

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: OEM Performance Sound System - Complete - Upgraded Subwoofer - Instructions by Oslo
Started on: 03-15-2009 10:56 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 87GT2M6 on 11-28-2009 02:25 AM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
This is the most complete plug and play kit for the Fiero I've seen ever because it comes with every part required to do the install in a Fiero that doesn't have the optional subwoofer system.
*Map Light with bass slider
*Wiring from map light to amplifier
*Wiring from amplifier to stereo
*Relay installed in wiring for power
*Amplifier
*Subwoofer housing
*Installed, Rodney Dickman upgraded subwoofer

Everything is here and I just pulled it out of a Fiero tonight. It works great but I'm putting in the sub plate from TLG for the center console.

This unit sounds incredible and probably has no more than 5 hours played on the new sub. Here are the details on the subwoofer that is installed:

Subwoofer Speaker Kit

Includes a New Sub Woofer Speaker, New OEM plate gasket (to replace the old original gasket), Custom Die-Cut Gasket (to provides an air tight fit equal to the original factory design), and all the necessary hardware to install into the OEM enclosure.

* A True Sub Woofer Speaker
* Aluminum Cone w/ butyl rubber surround
* Shielded Magnet
* Frequency Response 45 - 15,000 hz
* 8 Ohm Nominal Resistance
* 60 Watts RMS
* 87db Sensitivity

Mounts on the top of the steel ring. Not below it like OEM. The custom spacer gasket is to retain the air tight system since the old speaker is not there to make that seal.

The OEM sub woofer speaker was designed to fit in the Fiero sub woofer housing and has a unique design and it is unlikely that this speaker will ever be reproduced. This necessitates the need to mount an aftermarket sub woofer speaker on the top of the steel ring in the OEM housing assembly, hence the space left from removing the old OEM speaker which needs to be filled into create a airtight design by using the spacergasket.
Note : Some minor modification to the steel housing (small holes drilled) will be needed to mount the new sub speaker. This modification is inside the housing and will not be visible.after installation.

This speaker sells new at www.rodneydickman.com for $39 + shipping:

Save yourself the trouble of putting together a kit. This one has everything PLUS INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!

I will send a CD with that has the instructions on how to install this system into any Fiero with aftermarket or OEM stereo.

Actual pictures of unit for sale:

Asking $200 shipped or best offer.
Please offer, I'm open to offers!
I'm not sure what this whole setup is worth so please make an offer if you're interested.

If it doesn't sell here it'll go on Ebay this weekend.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-auto.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I should also point out that the relay is not an OEM piece.

This is added to the wire harness in order to add it to an aftermarket stereo.
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
sold thank you oslo
paypal sent
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2009 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
sold
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
DARN! Missed one again!
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
What did it sell for?

Dave
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2009 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
for an oem brand new speaker replacement look here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/049742.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock