7730 ecm's for sale, 4 available with wiring and pig-tails by Madess
Started on: 02-22-2009 11:36 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: mid engine monsters on 06-23-2009 05:51 PM
Madess

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
come and get em, I was thinking 50$ shipped a piece

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BabyVet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
Do you have to have this pig tail to hook up the 7730??

free bump
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
makes it easier, because you can swap wiring straight into these harnesses, makes it nice and clean. I actually have an adapter the goes from spare Fiero computer connectors into these connectors, not as pretty, but if there were any issues, it would have allowed me to go back to the orginal Fiero computer.

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 02-23-2009).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BabyVet:

Do you have to have this pig tail to hook up the 7730??

free bump

Yes, you need the connectors because the plugs are different then on the Fiero ECM. You are also going to need to have the PROM chip reprogrammed. Darth Fiero does it, here is the original thread on upgrading to the 7730 ECM https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079574.html

-Brian
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Madess:

I actually have an adapter the goes from spare Fiero computer connectors into these connectors, not as pretty, but if there were any issues, it would have allowed me to go back to the orginal Fiero computer.

Any chance you are making or selling any of these??

[This message has been edited by kslish (edited 02-23-2009).]

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
so you have conneters that mates the 7730 to the stock fiero harness?? If so any chances your selling them?
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

so you have conneters that mates the 7730 to the stock fiero harness?? If so any chances your selling them?

1. Are you talking about the one that you plug into the Fiero harness that converts it to the 7730 ECM plugs? If that is your question, Madess and I have discussed making them for an additional fee (in addition to you buying a set of the parts above). A Fiero ECM (or similar) has to get destroyed in the process... We are NOT just making the adaptors. Jncomutt here on the forum was the first one I saw a picture of doing the harness adaptor: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/079574-6.html. Even with the adaptors there are wires that will still need to be spliced into your Fiero wiring. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, Darth Fiero has put in his thread that he will do it for a fee.

2. To make the 7730 ECM work you need to have the 7730 ECM PROM chip programmed. Darth Fiero did mine and Madess' programming. You can contact Darth Fiero (Ryan) at his website: http://www.gmtuners.com/

3. If you are looking to do the Digital EGR ugrade with the 7730 ECM you need a Digital EGR from the junkyard and an adaptor plate. Gwain
here on the forum makes (or made) them and has posted the information on making one (halfway down the page): https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/079574-13.html

I believe that Madess is just trying to sell the 7730 ECM and pigtails, then you can do what you need with it. The PROM chip in them are not programmed for the Fiero yet. You should really read Darth Fiero's thread. It is LONG but full of great information. Also want to make sure that people get credit for their ideas and research.

-Brian

Edited to add links to the people that did the important stuff other then scrounging the junkyards...

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 02-23-2009).]

VelociJuris

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VelociJurisSend a Private Message to VelociJurisDirect Link to This Post
Very helpful information, thanks for posting and connecting to earlier posts.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VelociJuris:

Very helpful information, thanks for posting and connecting to earlier posts.

No worries. Madess and I made a junkyard run and he is just interested in selling the ECMs with the harness. However if people want to pay us to make the wiring adaptors... Money talks... Otherwise you can make them yourself to save money. Also give the credit to those that do the work.

I have read Ryan's post SO many times thinking of doing the 7730 ECM, Digital EGR and TH440/4T60 automatic transmission swap (I have the transmission in the garage right now). I decided to go with a 4.9 swap instead. I will probably post my setup here in the mall soon...

One other thing to note is that if you have the 7730 ECM setup to control the timing, you need to install a knock sensor from the same year car that the ECM/PROM chip is from... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/079574-7.html

BTW, Ryan (Darth Fiero) has the wiring changes to do the 7730 ECM conversion out on his site www.gmtuners.com

Wiring for the stock Fiero 2.8 motor: Fiero2.8_to_7730.pdf

Wiring for a motor that has DIS: Fiero_V6_to_7730_DIS.pdf

-Brian

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 02-24-2009).]

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info

what i'm doing is the 3.4/7730ecm swap and instead of cutting and repining the ecm i was just wanting a plug that connects to
the stock ecm connectors to the ones of the 7730

And i belive that is what your selling if i am correct??? please correct me if i'm wrong thank you
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

what i'm doing is the 3.4/7730ecm swap and instead of cutting and repining the ecm i was just wanting a plug that connects to the stock ecm connectors to the ones of the 7730

So, you already have an ECM and wiring pigtails like Madess is selling (the very first picture)?

And i belive that is what your selling if i am correct??? please correct me if i'm wrong thank you

I think you are wrong. Madess is selling the ECM and wiring pigtails in first picture.

Is this what you want? You should PM me if it is because it is NOT what Madess is selling here.

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:
1. Are you talking about the one that you plug into the Fiero harness that converts it to the 7730 ECM plugs? If that is your question, Madess and I have discussed making them for an additional fee (in addition to you buying a set of the parts above). A Fiero ECM (or similar) has to get destroyed in the process... We are NOT just making the adaptors. Jncomutt here on the forum was the first one I saw a picture of doing the harness adaptor: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/079574-6.html. Even with the adaptors there are wires that will still need to be spliced into your Fiero wiring. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, Darth Fiero has put in his thread that he will do it for a fee.

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 02-25-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
correct, I am selling the 7730, with the wire connectors cut out of the donor car

if you want a somewhat plug and plug, Mulletproofmonk and I discussed this, we would want 125$ shipped.

this would get you a 7730, with connectors to go right into your Fiero harness, plus you do still have to deal with two ground wires and the wires for the digital egr, and get a chip from darth Fiero.

if you want a digital egr, I could throw one in, but I would have to back to the yard, and that would cost extra, and you would need the adapter plate from gwain

I run this setup on 3.4 and the idle is a lot smoother than the typical Fiero "hunting" idle.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
having done the 7730 swap - I can say - there is NO WAY to make it fully "plug-n-play" with an adapter harness. you can get pretty darn close tho. 2nd - I would NOT want the extra connections of an adapter harness to add to trouble shooting. re-pinning the connectors is not that tough. a medium hair pin works great as a terminal release.
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

having done the 7730 swap - I can say - there is NO WAY to make it fully "plug-n-play" with an adapter harness. you can get pretty darn close tho. 2nd - I would NOT want the extra connections of an adapter harness to add to trouble shooting. re-pinning the connectors is not that tough. a medium hair pin works great as a terminal release.

I agree it would be better to repin, the only reason I didn't was just in case I needed to go back to old the computer, because I was have mis fire issues. Turned out to be a low pressure fuel pump.

I would go with repining, but without having access to their cars, either I can just send the ecm or make them an adapter.

[This message has been edited by Madess (edited 02-25-2009).]

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

I guess my English is bad... Here is a modified picture of the one in the thread above...

Again, we aren't trying to "sell" the adaptors, Madess is trying to sell just the 7730 ECM and pigtails. We decided to offer making the adaptors but that isn't the title of this mall thread...

-Brian

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 02-25-2009).]

BabyVet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post

I guess my English is bad... Here is a modified picture of the one in the thread above...

Again, we aren't trying to "sell" the adaptors, Madess is trying to sell just the 7730 ECM and pigtails. We decided to offer making the adaptors but that isn't the title of this mall thread...

-Brian

Ok ok i know what your trying to sell not trying to bother you with that i get it all now sorry slow learner lol i have a friend that is going to repin my car for me for the 7730 was just wondering if there was a complete and true plug and play harness that you could hook up your stock engine harrness to the 7730 w/o any mods just plug and go!!! But thank you for the info i've learned alot for this thank you
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

I thought about this comment on the way to work and it IS possible to make a 100% plug-n-play harness by using a full Fiero engine harness and blending in the neccessary plugs. However it would not be very cost effective to have to buy a whole harness, buy all the plugs, blend them in and sell it. Plus after all that you would have to pull your entire harness and mount the new one. Again it IS possible but not effective...

-Brian
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Madness you have a PM

------------------

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Am I to assume that a wiring harness you guys make will be made to the same wiring diagram as DarthFiero's (Ryan) wiring diagram?
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Yes
PFF
System Bot
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Madness you have a PM

responded to pm's
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2009 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent by Paypal...
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I am installing a 95 3.4 into one of my cars.
I had intended to strip the engine and use all the antiquated 2.8 stuff on it.
With this computer would I be able to keep the newer ignition system/knock sensor/E egr and such
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
With this computer would I be able to keep the newer ignition system/knock sensor/E egr and such

If the motor has DIS native to it, yes. Knock sensor, yes. Digital EGR, yes. You can also use the lean cruise mode.
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2009 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
bump, I have a couple left
Madess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadessSend a Private Message to MadessDirect Link to This Post
bump, still have a couple left
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
PM atcha
mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
what all engine swaps are possible using the 7730
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Those Madess has will work with the 2.8L and 3.4L PR for sure (as I have mine on a 2.8L and his is on a 3.4L PR)

I think that it can run a 3.4 DOHC, 3800 ODB1 and 3800SC ODB1. The ECM's came out of V6 cars so they should do most V6 motors. You would need a 7730 ECM from a V8 car to use it on a V8. I believe that it has something to do with the fuel tables that Darth Fiero talks about in 7730 ECM thread...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 06-23-2009).]

mid engine monsters

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersDirect Link to This Post
gotcha ,thanks
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock