Fiero Decals by Mailmule
Started on: 11-22-2008 01:06 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: josef644 on 10-04-2009 05:15 PM
Mailmule

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
I have created some new Fiero Decals and wanted to know if anyone is interested in them.

Added NEW PONTIAC Door Decals; $65 for both sides plus shipping

Added Fiero Racing (any Size)

The decal above is 4 1/2 x 6 inches. I can pretty much make them any size and colors available are Black, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and White. They can be used outside or inside. I figure 2 of these size would be $6 plus any shipping. $8 would probably cover shipping regular mail, but if wanted quicker I would get you a final price. If interested, just pm me with color, quantity and size (include zip code and shipping preference) and I will get you a price. If putting on glass, white is usually the best color, but it is up to you. I can also modify it, so skies the limit. Just let me know what you want.

[This message has been edited by Mailmule (edited 12-02-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Hmm.. these would make a great SS gift! *hint*

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
A little more detail about what they actually are made of, etc., would be nice! I might be interested in a set that would fit on wheel center caps.

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Any chance on getting silver?
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

...or chrome?

I'm thinking that along with the chrome valve covers I have, that decal in chrome over clear or chrome over black (instead of the red over white that's pictured above) would look really good over the black background of a custom intake plenum that I'd want to put the decal on.
Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
The decals are made of a 5 year gloss vinyl. (the same material used in professional sign making) I can make them just about any size, so if you gave me the measurement of your center cap, I can give it a try. I can also create whatever you want it to say. It doesn't have to say just Fiero. I could put in the year, GT, make of wheels and even your name. Just remember, the smaller it gets the harder it is to make. Hope this answers your questions.

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

A little more detail about what they actually are made of, etc., would be nice! I might be interested in a set that would fit on wheel center caps.

[This message has been edited by Mailmule (edited 11-23-2008).]

Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post

Mailmule

89 posts
Member since Aug 2007
I currently do not have chrome or gold, but if 4 people wanted some it would justify me getting the material to make them. Silver (chrome & Gold) are a little more expensive and LESS durable. The Gold will actually fade to chrome if used in direct sunlight for to long. Below is a link of the gold and chrome: http://picasaweb.google.com...i9oxPQKtWUVSbB91E6Jw

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

[This message has been edited by Mailmule (edited 11-23-2008).]

GOT2B GM

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one in white.

How much shipped to Canadian postal code N2E 3V5?

Paypal addy?
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post

GOT2B GM

290 posts
Member since Aug 2008

like this but in white

4.5 x 6 is fine

[This message has been edited by GOT2B GM (edited 11-23-2008).]

Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
I don't rcomend putting these on anything that will get that Hot. They are vinyl, so they would probably melt and ruin your intake. They will however hold up under sunlight heat.

Originally posted by project34:

...or chrome?

I'm thinking that along with the chrome valve covers I have, that decal in chrome over clear or chrome over black (instead of the red over white that's pictured above) would look really good over the black background of a custom intake plenum that I'd want to put the decal on.

GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post
I'll be putting mine on the back window
PFF
System Bot
GOT2B GM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GOT2B GMSend a Private Message to GOT2B GMDirect Link to This Post

GOT2B GM

290 posts
Member since Aug 2008
payment sent
Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
Below is a pic of all available colors as of now:

Starting top left: Yellow, Purple, Green, Blue
Bottom Row: Red, Black, White, Dark Blue

Remember these are decals. The white background you see is only the paper backing of the decal. That will change to whatever you apply it to. For example, if you put the Black decal on a red surface (all the white you see in this pic will be red)

Thanks

Later

FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Direct Link to This Post
Hope this makes sense, but are these a one piece smooth surface decal or do the apply as individual parts using a paper transfer material? As in, is each letter in "Fiero" a separate piece of vinyl or are the "printed" on a clear piece of flat vinyl? Not sure if I described that well, but for another comparison, are they like the factory trunk decals where each letter is a separate piece?
Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
Yes, each letter is its own decal. I will however, apply the transfer tape to them before shipping, so you can apply them lined up correctly.

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Hope this makes sense, but are these a one piece smooth surface decal or do the apply as individual parts using a paper transfer material? As in, is each letter in "Fiero" a separate piece of vinyl or are the "printed" on a clear piece of flat vinyl? Not sure if I described that well, but for another comparison, are they like the factory trunk decals where each letter is a separate piece?

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mailmule:
The decals are made of a 5 year gloss vinyl. (the same material used in professional sign making)....I can also create whatever you want it to say. It doesn't have to say just Fiero. I could put in the year, GT...

Mailmule, are you able to create a Fiero emblem like one of those you show above, but modified to say "3.4L Fiero" or "Fiero 3.4L" and with the "3.4L" typeface reasonably matching the appearance of the "Fiero" typeface?
Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
Sure, I don't see why not. I will email you a draft pic in a little while.

Originally posted by project34:

Mailmule, are you able to create a Fiero emblem like one of those you show above, but modified to say "3.4L Fiero" or "Fiero 3.4L" and with the "3.4L" typeface reasonably matching the appearance of the "Fiero" typeface?

Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
Added a GT and a 3.4L Decal

http://picasaweb.google.com...A7ZUCb-y9zW3ccCN16rg

[This message has been edited by Mailmule (edited 11-27-2008).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

I currently do not have chrome or gold, but if 4 people wanted some it would justify me getting the material to make them.

OK, I'm one person (hopefully of 4) who would like the following "Fiero 3.4L" emblem in chrome. The emblem's overall size would be 2-3/4ths inches wide by 3-13/16ths inches high, which also just so happens to be the size I get when I print out the following on standard 8-1/2" X 11" paper:

Hopefully, 3 more people will join me on this to meet your minimum of 4 people for producing some vinyl decals for this emblem in chrome.

In the meantime, can you create just a "Fiero 3.4L" banner (without the Pegasus emblem) in standard black using essentially the same typeface as that in the emblem pictured immediately above, except that the script would be flat rather than slightly curved at its base? The dimensions of this banner would be 1 inch high for the "F" in "Fiero" and the length of the "Fiero 3.4L" script in it would be about 4-3/8ths inches. (I ask about your ability to do this because in your opening post for this thread, it looks like you've already created a similar, "Fiero" banner without the "3.4L" script, which appears to be what is lying flat on the table in front of the upright emblem you show there.)

By the way, nice work!
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Received 2 Fiero and 2 Fiero GT decals today (4 1/2" x 6"). They look great! Very well done, and fast shipping too.
Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
dded a New Fiero Racing Decal

or the link here:
http://picasaweb.google.com...78NXzTKLHquQVaVCZAkg

[This message has been edited by Mailmule (edited 12-02-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Mailmule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MailmuleSend a Private Message to MailmuleDirect Link to This Post
Added Pontiac Side Decals. $35 for both sides plus ship. Includes everything seen (PONTIAC, Emblem, Fiero Racing)

[This message has been edited by Mailmule (edited 12-15-2008).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2009 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

I don't rcomend putting these on anything that will get that Hot. They are vinyl, so they would probably melt and ruin your intake. They will however hold up under sunlight heat.

To replace the stock `85-`86 V6 "Fiero" intake manifold decal on it, I today installed on the intake manifold one of your decals, a black "banner-shaped" one that says "Fiero 3.4L" on it.

Yes, you warned that it's vinyl and runs the risk of melting on the intake manifold, making a mess on it, but I think the stock decal may be vinyl as well, and that hasn't melted. Therefore, I'm going to drive my `86 GT nearly a couple dozen miles tomorrow to get the intake manifold warm enough to see if your "Fiero 3.4L" banner decal melts on it, or not.

If it doesn't melt, I'll post that here.

If it does melt, I'll still post that testing mistake on my part here, and in fairness, because you warned everyone earlier in this thread about the probability of that happening, I certainly can't blame you if that occurs.

In the meantime, while all await the outcome of this experiment in the name of science, consider this a free bump to the top for one of your "Fiero Decals" threads, Mailmule.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

I think you sell yourself short with that caveat, Mailmule.

Following my post immediately above, I've taken two trips in my Fiero with on its engine's intake manifold, one of your decals, a black "banner-shaped" one that says "Fiero 3.4L" on it.

Each trip was nearly 25 miles, and each was mostly at highway speeds, causing the intake manifold to become uncomfortably hot to the touch. Despite that, and the concern you'd expressed earlier, absolutely nothing of your vinyl decal has melted.

I suspect the stock "Fiero" decal from GM that was on the intake manifold was vinyl as well, because its letters came off individually, unlike those on a one-piece sticker. However, in the 23 years I've had that GM decal on my DD's intake manifold, nothing of that decal had melted either.

In short, Mailmule, I think you're marketing decal products which actually are better than you say they are.

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
FORMULA door decals?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock